Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 14, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #13,396 of 62,573
The app is available for android phone in general.
To add to this, the only thing that is specific to Samsung phones with the Gbuds is the Samsung Scalable Codec, which is supposed to be Samsung's equivalent to LDAC.

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #13,397 of 62,573
a lot, i suspect. the most hiss my IEM produced with the BT20s is the BGVP DM6..that one is rated 20 ohm impedance with 122db sensitivity. even with BT20 it still has a low hiss. i don't know about the Fostex TM2 though..
I had both: Fostex TM2 and TRN BT20S and returned both of them. The hiss with my Andromeda was distracting.

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #13,398 of 62,573
Looks like a few more clones of the Anbes are starting to pop up. This time in a grey and black color scheme. Take a look at them here and here on amazon. According to this Alibaba page, they seem to be the same variant as the SSK, notice the grey/black model on the same page as the white/orange model. Furthermore, looks like a QCC 3020 variant will be arriving soon (as someone on this thread previously mentioned) as the BE30Q. Manufacture/seller is Dogo.

Does anyone know if these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKYGBT8 are the same as the Anbes 359?

And if so, do they have good clear extended highs?

All the talk of their quality makes it appear they might be worth a try.

And are the SSK, Kissral and Anbes 359 all the same TWS?

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #13,399 of 62,573
Does anyone know if these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKYGBT8 are the same as the Anbes 359?

Yes the Kissral R18 are a clone of the 359s. They sound excellent!

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #13,401 of 62,573
I think the piano setting is my fav. for most songs. but I do like the vocal booster eq. Sounds more like the T5's signature. To me that vocals on that Mereba song are just bright in general, brighter than most of the songs I've listened too, the song is awesome, but I do not like the mic they use to record those vocals. A$ap Ferg song sounded good, the chorus where he uses that effect on his voice is very bright. I was using my Hear ID on and off and off it was too bright, on it was fine.

I've done the hear ID like 15 times. and its' close, but I really wish there was a way to manually tune it. with the way hear id is now, the sig. is very warm, reminds me of the stylish. have you tried the hear id? I'm sure once you get familiar with how it works you could essentially tune it to your liking by boosting certain frequencies.

Thanks @d3myz !

Interesting comments on the Mereba song - as that is not my experience with that song usually (with different headphones) - I'd be curious if you get a chance to listen to it again with your favorite pair of wired headphones if that changes your opinion of the LPro2 performance... but only if the fancy strikes you to experiment.

I appreciate your thoughts - it seems like we both view the songs as being represented as a bit bright - but that I may be more fatigued/bothered by the highs (or my headphones were outputting a slightly different sound sig). I'm still tempted to try the regular Liberty 2's with just the DD - but your sharing your feedback has helped me form my opinion! Thanks for trying those songs out.

I did try the HearID and while it made the mid dip+spike effect less pronounced for me - I agree with you that I'd really want a 8-12 band EQ to play with.[/QUOTE]

I should add that i'm using the JVC Spiral dots and they do tend to make everything sound a bit brighter. I listened to Meraba on the TEVI, vocals are bright very mid-rangy and thin, but not like they are on the LPro2. on the Lystar J29 they are really bright, but the rest of the song sounds great, on the T5 it's sound good, but the high end is rolled off, but the vocals are more balanced sounding not sparkly and a little midrangy, but I can listen really loud and it sounds great. on the SSK lacking that heavy sub-bass, but everything else sounds awesome! Same on my burnt in 359's, they sound a bit better than the SSK's, but a tad less crisp than the ssk. Tranya T3, also sounds good, but the vocals are thin and bright, but not too bright. B530 sounds good, still thin vocals and a little sibilant at 90% vol. back to the Lpro2, they are way bright and thin, but very well defined. now I can't find an EQ on them that sounds as good as T3 or the SSK/Anbes Wow, dude, I got the chills. that sound is DOPE! I think I def. prefer the DD. the L2PRO is really lacking that warm mid-range. I'm a big snare drum guy, and if it has too much attach and not enough depth I get bugged. maybe that's why I like the T5 and 359 so much, they do mids really well IMO.

edit: I also listened to the song on my Sonos beam and Sonos One, flat eq's and it's the recording my man. The vocals and high hats are really bright. If I had to guess, the engineer compressed her voice to mix it with the high hats, they are really sparkly. sounds like they just wiped the lows out of her voice, and bumped the high mids and low highs, but i'm no engineer.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #13,403 of 62,573

So is the SSK, I own it and the 359's. I think the SSK sounds a bit cleaner than the 359, but it has less bass. Then again, my SSK's are still breaking in.

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #13,404 of 62,573
I remember talk of them, but didn't see much in the way of experiences or reviews, but the Jade Audio EW1 is down to $35 on Amazon. I'll have one Wednesday. They were $60 when they first listed them.

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #13,405 of 62,573
So is the SSK, I own it and the 359's. I think the SSK sounds a bit cleaner than the 359, but it has less bass. Then again, my SSK's are still breaking in.

The only Anbes on Amazon with good reviews that I see is the one I linked to. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKYGBT8)

Do you have a link to the SSK on Amazon USA?

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #13,406 of 62,573
OK, OK, OK.

Ordered the Liberty 2 Pro from Amazon at full price. I was not patient enough to pre-order, nor am I patient enough to wait for a sale. Plus if I have to return or exchange (I can usually get it next day), I prefer Amazon, given who knows how long it will take otherwise. I also had a $14 credit, so that took some of the sting (and tax) away.

I'm also returning my BackBeat Pro 5100. The marketing piece showed it had Open Mic and EQ, which it does not. I went to try to activate it yesterday via "My Tap" settings (because people feel the need to CONSTANTLY walk into my office and ask me questions), but the options were not there! I sent an email to Plantronics who verified it was not a feature on the 5100! Well golly gee whiz! Back they go, if for nothing else...principle.

22.jpg

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #13,407 of 62,573
Oct 14, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #13,409 of 62,573
Wow...both those songs are horribly terrible...I don't think we can be friends.

Both songs I picked in that they particularly highlight the cluttered/spike-y midrange/treble I heard on the LPro2 - but also songs I quite enjoy. :D

Given the subjective taste differences in how we all hear different headphones - let alone the subjective tastes in music preferences - I don't ever factor those into deciding who I'd be friends with as they seem so entirely .... unrelated.

But, just as I wouldn't say you're objectively wrong for having subjective preferences - I also give you the right to use whatever subjective preferences you want to when choosing your friends... so have at it! :v:

Oct 14, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #13,410 of 62,573
Thanks @d3myz !

Interesting comments on the Mereba song - as that is not my experience with that song usually (with different headphones) - I'd be curious if you get a chance to listen to it again with your favorite pair of wired headphones if that changes your opinion of the LPro2 performance... but only if the fancy strikes you to experiment.

I appreciate your thoughts - it seems like we both view the songs as being represented as a bit bright - but that I may be more fatigued/bothered by the highs (or my headphones were outputting a slightly different sound sig). I'm still tempted to try the regular Liberty 2's with just the DD - but your sharing your feedback has helped me form my opinion! Thanks for trying those songs out.

I did try the HearID and while it made the mid dip+spike effect less pronounced for me - I agree with you that I'd really want a 8-12 band EQ to play with.

I should add that i'm using the JVC Spiral dots and they do tend to make everything sound a bit brighter. I listened to Meraba on the TEVI, vocals are bright very mid-rangy and thin, but not like they are on the LPro2. on the Lystar J29 they are really bright, but the rest of the song sounds great, on the T5 it's sound good, but the high end is rolled off, but the vocals are more balanced sounding not sparkly and a little midrangy, but I can listen really loud and it sounds great. on the SSK lacking that heavy sub-bass, but everything else sounds awesome! Same on my burnt in 359's, they sound a bit better than the SSK's, but a tad less crisp than the ssk. Tranya T3, also sounds good, but the vocals are thin and bright, but not too bright. B530 sounds good, still thin vocals and a little sibilant at 90% vol. back to the Lpro2, they are way bright and thin, but very well defined. now I can't find an EQ on them that sounds as good as T3 or the SSK/Anbes Wow, dude, I got the chills. that sound is DOPE! I think I def. prefer the DD. the L2PRO is really lacking that warm mid-range. I'm a big snare drum guy, and if it has too much attach and not enough depth I get bugged. maybe that's why I like the T5 and 359 so much, they do mids really well IMO.

edit: I also listened to the song on my Sonos beam and Sonos One, flat eq's and it's the recording my man. The vocals and high hats are really bright. If I had to guess, the engineer compressed her voice to mix it with the high hats, they are really sparkly. sounds like they just wiped the lows out of her voice, and bumped the high mids and low highs, but i'm no engineer.

Again, super appreciated.

Out of curiosity on the Mereba Black Truck song - can you link to the file you're listening to (spotify, Tidal?) I know there are a couple re-recordings of it...

Do you have a favorite song you use for looking at mids? Mereba's song isn't necessarily my favorite for such purposes - I just highlighted it as my experience of the Tidal HiFi track was SO different between the Nuarl, Anbes, and LPro2 - enjoyable on the first two - unlistenable on the LPro2.

I'm already returning the LPro2 - but I am planning on making a testing playlist with carefully picked tracks for future comparisons. Maybe all Masters if possible (Tidal).

Thanks again for your input!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back