Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 14, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #13,382 of 62,590
With only 8 ohm sensitivity what kind of hiss could we expect paired with a bt20s? I heard there is a hiss issue with sensitive iems. At what sensitivity does the hiss disappear?

a lot, i suspect. the most hiss my IEM produced with the BT20s is the BGVP DM6..that one is rated 20 ohm impedance with 122db sensitivity. even with BT20 it still has a low hiss. i don't know about the Fostex TM2 though..

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #13,383 of 62,590
Annoyingly i'm still waiting for my Liberty 2 Pro's to ship despite ordering on the 27th. Think they are waiting on stock so must of sold well on preorder.

Me too. Very annoying since they promised to ship last week. I emailed support days ago with no response. Really unacceptable by Anker. I could live with being sold out but I cannot stand bad support.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #13,384 of 62,590
Me too. Very annoying since they promised to ship last week. I emailed support days ago with no response. Really unacceptable by Anker. I could live with being sold out but I cannot stand bad support.

This is what I got back from support:
"As stated in the Q&A page, orders made before Sep 26th will be shipped in the week starting Oct 8th. Later orders will be shipped before Oct 18th (see the attachment). We are trying our best to arrange a shipment."

At time of ordering on 27th (UK) it did say shipping week starting Oct 8th. My guess is pre-orders were better than expected and their waiting on a second batch of stock.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #13,386 of 62,590
Like some on this thread, I’ve been guilty of totally ignoring my wired stuff, playing with Tevi, Bose SS Free, e12 Ultra and the like for about 3 months.
Just for kicks, I took out my cheapest 2 BA CIEM (Earwerkz Supra anyone?) and plug a $50 Advanced Audio “dongle” into my iPhone XR and even though it’s just lossy Apple Music, I’m afraid to say “we are not there yet!”

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #13,387 of 62,590
Enough with the cheap ones already. What's new in the top end of the line? ie, $200, 300, 400, 500 or more or >$1000 if there is such a thing?

If there is one thing I've learned. Buying cheap ones costs me more in the end. One or two cheap ones, another 2-3 mid priced ones and then finally the best one, all added up together costs more than just jumping to the best one.

Yes, I know wireless is different because of the severe compromises and technology is changing quickly, but, come on, we've had Bluetooth for decades now.

Best combo I can recommend is Iphon6+B&O E8v2.
I have AK SP1000 and KSE1500,1200 and other good stuffs, but I find myself most of time on E8.
I love samsung phones but hate its sound never approach ip6 (one of best sq Iphone)

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #13,388 of 62,590
To reach their own. I do agree the Anbes sound more open and airy but I prefer the sound signature of the T5 overall. What I don't prefer is the case of the T5's - ridiculously huge....
I love the T5, but I also like the 359. There are times I wish the t5 had a little better highs, but overall they are both great. The T5 is also better built than the anbes/ssk, the rubber pads seem to dislodge over time. I've had to fix mine with superglue.

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #13,390 of 62,590
I love the T5, but I also like the 359. There are times I wish the t5 had a little better highs, but overall they are both great. The T5 is also better built than the anbes/ssk, the rubber pads seem to dislodge over time. I've had to fix mine with superglue.

Had posted on these prior in reply to another. But looks like the QCC3020 versions also address the buttons somehow from the looks.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.supplier-normal.35.9.41c84926CcfoGF

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #13,391 of 62,590
Thank you for the impressions! It seems our experience or subjective tastes differ - (I prefer darker/basshead signatures) - what do you think of the Vocal Boost preset?

For me, I found that the spike in treble resulted in some songs being hard to listen to above a certain volume - somewhat piercing. Can you try "Black Truck" by Mereba and Floor Seats by A$AP Ferg and let me know what you think of the vocals/treble compared with your TEVI? I love bass, and even enjoy the extra bass of the LPro2 - but my perceived mid dip and compressed/peaky highs are what's making me think I may send them back/or that I need to let the BA burn in or something. It's like a too small tweeter paired with a big Subwoofer to my ears lol. :D[/QUOTE]

I think the piano setting is my fav. for most songs. but I do like the vocal booster eq. Sounds more like the T5's signature. To me that vocals on that Mereba song are just bright in general, brighter than most of the songs I've listened too, the song is awesome, but I do not like the mic they use to record those vocals. A$ap Ferg song sounded good, the chorus where he uses that effect on his voice is very bright. I was using my Hear ID on and off and off it was too bright, on it was fine.

I've done the hear ID like 15 times. and its' close, but I really wish there was a way to manually tune it. with the way hear id is now, the sig. is very warm, reminds me of the stylish. have you tried the hear id? I'm sure once you get familiar with how it works you could essentially tune it to your liking by boosting certain frequencies.

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #13,392 of 62,590
Sighting of another ANC chi-fi TWS from Whizzer / Opera Factory. Rather snazzy looking. But a bit scarce on the details. Not going trigger happy on those. Also, few hours ago, when I first saw them they were 40 or 50% off (as it is customary on AliX) at something 4X.xxUsd
Hmm, I'm thinking when they refer to ANC, they're really talking about the mic. If it has legit ANC, they'd be interesting to try.

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #13,393 of 62,590
Thank you for the impressions! It seems our experience or subjective tastes differ - (I prefer darker/basshead signatures) - what do you think of the Vocal Boost preset?

For me, I found that the spike in treble resulted in some songs being hard to listen to above a certain volume - somewhat piercing. Can you try "Black Truck" by Mereba and Floor Seats by A$AP Ferg and let me know what you think of the vocals/treble compared with your TEVI? I love bass, and even enjoy the extra bass of the LPro2 - but my perceived mid dip and compressed/peaky highs are what's making me think I may send them back/or that I need to let the BA burn in or something. It's like a too small tweeter paired with a big Subwoofer to my ears lol. :D

I think the piano setting is my fav. for most songs. but I do like the vocal booster eq. Sounds more like the T5's signature. To me that vocals on that Mereba song are just bright in general, brighter than most of the songs I've listened too, the song is awesome, but I do not like the mic they use to record those vocals. A$ap Ferg song sounded good, the chorus where he uses that effect on his voice is very bright. I was using my Hear ID on and off and off it was too bright, on it was fine.

I've done the hear ID like 15 times. and its' close, but I really wish there was a way to manually tune it. with the way hear id is now, the sig. is very warm, reminds me of the stylish. have you tried the hear id? I'm sure once you get familiar with how it works you could essentially tune it to your liking by boosting certain frequencies.[/QUOTE]

Thanks @d3myz !

Interesting comments on the Mereba song - as that is not my experience with that song usually (with different headphones) - I'd be curious if you get a chance to listen to it again with your favorite pair of wired headphones if that changes your opinion of the LPro2 performance... but only if the fancy strikes you to experiment.

I appreciate your thoughts - it seems like we both view the songs as being represented as a bit bright - but that I may be more fatigued/bothered by the highs (or my headphones were outputting a slightly different sound sig). I'm still tempted to try the regular Liberty 2's with just the DD - but your sharing your feedback has helped me form my opinion! Thanks for trying those songs out.

I did try the HearID and while it made the mid dip+spike effect less pronounced for me - I agree with you that I'd really want a 8-12 band EQ to play with.

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #13,394 of 62,590
For me, I found that the spike in treble resulted in some songs being hard to listen to above a certain volume - somewhat piercing. Can you try "Black Truck" by Mereba and Floor Seats by A$AP Ferg and let me know what you think of the vocals/treble compared with your TEVI?

Wow...both those songs are horribly terrible...I don't think we can be friends.

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #13,395 of 62,590
I just received the Samsung Galaxy Buds and have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Call quality is great. Form factor is surprisingly tiny. With eq off sound quality is OK. With EQ on (I prefer "Soft"), sound quality is Very good. I'm not sure if the eq app is available on a non-galaxy phone. This might be a good earbud to use while outside (haven't tried yet) where wind noise might be a problem.

The app is available for android phone in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back