Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 4, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #8,146 of 62,588
The fit is actually great, some ppl complain that the wire from module to IEM is too stiff or not the exact shape they want, but with a hairdryer and some hot air this can be fixed ... I love that I can take most of my IEMs on the road like this (by now I got both, .75mm and MMCX versions) and the connection has never been an issue ... some ppl report a minimal hiss, which also depends / differs from IEM to IEM, but frankly, I am not putting them on BT for critical listening .. this is for walking / running where I battle other noises.

And yes, those KZ wired cables were sucky, but TRN delivered IMHO with the BT3 and the BT20 ... there's now even the BT20S that has AptX (which is not much of interest for me ... iOS child here :D )
Damn which version fits the KZ ZST? 75mm or MMCX? Can you link them?

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #8,147 of 62,588
there's now even the BT20S that has AptX (which is not much of interest for me ... iOS child here :D )

Actually the BT20S support AAC, while BT20 only do SBC if I recall

As for your search quest: I just received the Tranya T1-Pro and they fit your requirements totally. That's two great Tranya's in a row. Impressive.

How do the T1-PRO compare to the T3? I ordered the T3, now wondering if I should have tried T1-PRO?

KZ all use 0.75mm, as do TRN. Let me find a link.....

TRN BT20
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/0hPV1io

TRN BT20S (Aptx/AAC and some waterproofing)
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bySKvDeY

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #8,148 of 62,588
Well, I was only able to pair them together once, then thereafter the left side refused to get out of pairing mode regardless of resetting, following all instructions multiple times, etc. They are now, regrettably, boxed and ready for return. I decided to keep my Creative Outlier Air Sport, as it is far less picky about pairing and has a more dynamic SQ than the did the Mifo. Plus 10 hours per charge is right at the top of the list as of now.

I really liked the fit and comfort of the Mifo but the pairing hassle was just too agravating. I feel certain there was some type of malfunction that kept the left side from pairing with the right, although that issue had been reported several times by different users. It was supposed to pair automatically upon removing from the charging case, but didn't.

To be honest I've had some connectivity drop outs with my mifo's as well.
As for dynamic range - the pro version uses BA's so you won't get much base. But that said, I get a bit more base out of my Knowles BA IEMs.

And I agree about the design/looks/comfort - these are hands down amazing in that department.

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #8,149 of 62,588

Most KZ IEMs are .75mm 2 pin connectors ... MMCX looks quite different...
Those are the ones I got https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32952605954.html

zsttws.jpg

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #8,151 of 62,588

the BT20 can do AAC. i have one paired to my Kanas. the new BT20S added APTX support, longer battery life, and new coating to the outer shell. i ordered the MMCX BT20S for my other earphones

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #8,152 of 62,588
guys what is right now the best option if you want a bluetooth headphone for details and soundstage? I see that anbes 369 are favorite right now or are there better options? can you give me some advice ...
IMHO no the Anbes 359 are hard to beat especially at having a great soundstage. Stop making excuses just get them you won't regret it. Hopefully you can find them they are selling out on amazon US for almost two weeks.

Thanks guys if I find the BT20s for cheap I'll get them. Aptx and 8hrs is a good thing.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #8,153 of 62,588
If there's one brand I've been hoping for to go true wireless, then it's Hifiman.

Their cables have always been crappy as hell. :p

Ironically, I always wished I had better cables for Sundara. But somehow, it feels like I'll never upgrade its cables, they just work too well for me to want to upgrade it lol :)

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #8,155 of 62,588
Guys how do you get notified on amazon .. I see anbes 359 is sold out.. Can you set a Reminder or notaficition to mail.. When product is back?
Pool
Guys how do you get notified on amazon .. I see anbes 359 is sold out.. Can you set a Reminder or notaficition to mail.. When product is back?
Check eBay too. Also check for a brand Kissral look a couple pages back I linked it from amazon.

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #8,156 of 62,588
Jul 4, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #8,158 of 62,588

BT20 does AAC (it is undocumented by TRN). BT20S does AAC and aptX.

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #8,159 of 62,588
BT20 does AAC (it is undocumented by TRN). BT20S does AAC and aptX.

Weird, I thought I saw it using SBC on my phone.

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #8,160 of 62,588
So apparently the Melomania are not compatible with the Nokia 7.1 on Android 9 (no idea why!). Be warned that these may have issues on other Android ONE phones running 9. I've had no issues with any other wireless earphones (Bragi Headphone, Earin M2, Sennheiser MTW, Sylable 101) but the Cambridge Audio Melomania are incompatible!!! this comes from a CA response to a review I posted on their website incidentally.

I don't know if CA are active on this site but if you are, your response times are totally unacceptable as well!

My Melomania 1 is not compatible with Nokia phones too. I tried the Nokia 6, Nokia 7 plus and Nokia 8.1 and they all don't work. Sony and Google phones just work though. What a disappointment as I just like these pair of headphone.
I tried to message Cambrigde Audio support through email, and they seems OK for me to return them.

But I guess I am keeping my pair and just use it with my zx300 walkman, until I get a new phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back