Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 17, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #7,576 of 62,419
I guess it's time for your NEW top five TWS. :)
I know! SQ wise, I'm still partial to the MW07. They truly sound like good wired IEMs IMO. If it wasn't for the crap battery life, I'd be all in on those. 2.5 hours just doesn't cut it. Oh, and the mic was atrocious, just atrocious for a $300 pair.

At least they have a good starting point if they want to make the perfect TWE.

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #7,577 of 62,419
There’s no reviews because it’s a brand new product.

Specs aren’t bad at all. Qualcomm QCC3026 chip, MMCX, 12hr play time, a phone app with EQ, IPX waterproof rating, AAC and aptX, physical control button, touch sensitive volume control, ambient mode, and independent connections (instead of master/slave).

I’ve seen numerous people in this thread post their ‘ideal wish list’, and this Fostex seems like it would hit every single one.

They remind me of the TRN BT20 adapters. Maybe the behind the ear look isn’t your style, but there are those of us who are huge fans of the TRN BT20, and this is the same basic design.

And as jant71 said, Fostex isn’t a no-name company. They’ve been making some wicked full size headphones (I’ll bet) longer than you’ve been alive. The Japanese are obsessed with their audio. They were the original audiophiles.

If it wasn’t such a ludicrous price I’d consider it. The mmcx design is super versatile, so even if the included IEM isn’t that good, literally any mmcx IEM can be connected.
Fostex? Who are they? Sounds like some type of glue!

I'm sure @Slater had some fun with the T50RP MK3.

Jun 17, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #7,578 of 62,419

Believe it or not, I don’t personally own a set. I’ve modded a few for friends, but I’ve never got around to buying my own pair.

The X00 Purplehearts are on my wish list too!

Too many things on my to buy list, and only 2 ears to enjoy all the stuff I already own lol :frowning2:

Jun 17, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #7,579 of 62,419
Jun 17, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #7,580 of 62,419
Believe it or not, I don’t personally own a set. I’ve modded a few for friends, but I’ve never got around to buying my own pair.

The X00 Purplehearts are on my wish list too!

Too many things on my to buy list, and only 2 ears to enjoy all the stuff I already own lol :frowning2:
So true. I have to frequently downplay how much "gear" I have. When people ask, I'm like "12 pairs" and they are flabbergasted at that. I've just given up on updating my gear list.

Speaking of my inability for self-control, I just picked these up, which are basically the KNZ re-brand, for $40. BT 5.0 and they do support AAC. Comfortable fit and seal. Sound has a bit of a "hollow" characteristic to it, but it's fun and bassy. Micro USB (*gag*). Took a few calls and the other party didn't say anything bad about my voice (but I didn't ask them either). Need more testing on calls, but so far, so good.

Overall, a keeper, but SQ doesn't knock off the Anbes 359 at around the same price point. I do feel they are more comfortable, however. YMMV.

Would love to pick up the X00 Purplehearts, but I have to fly under the radar a bit right now with sub-$100 purchases. The Old Lady starts getting a little naggy whey she sees those $400 purchases here and there. APPARENTLY paying for a home remodel is not free. Whatever.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #7,581 of 62,419
So true. I have to frequently downplay how much "gear" I have. When people ask, I'm like "12 pairs" and they are flabbergasted at that. I've just given up on updating my gear list.

Speaking of my inability for self-control, I just picked these up, which are basically the KNZ re-brand, for $40. BT 5.0 and they do support AAC. Comfortable fit and seal. Sound has a bit of a "hollow" characteristic to it, but it's fun and bassy. Micro USB (*gag*). Took a few calls and the other party didn't say anything bad about my voice (but I didn't ask them either). Need more testing on calls, but so far, so good.

Overall, a keeper, but SQ doesn't knock off the Anbes 359 at around the same price point. I do feel they are more comfortable, however. YMMV.

Would love to pick up the X00 Purplehearts, but I have to fly under the radar a bit right now with sub-$100 purchases. The Old Lady starts getting a little naggy whey she sees those $400 purchases here and there. APPARENTLY paying for a home remodel is not free. Whatever.
You basically bought the Syllable S101 for an extra 10 bucks. :)

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #7,582 of 62,419
any reviews on the fostex tm2? is this best true wireless iem right now?

TM2 performance will differ from what paired with it. I'm looking forward to audition one. but seeing the price and charger case size, i might go with a couple of BT20 instead

They aren't even in the conversation. Nor do I think they will be, they look like a hearing aid. Reviews seem to be largely non-existent. They are a no name company. If they were going to be in the conversation they would be noted by reviewers by now.

true. it's not like they've been around from the 70's and have products that became a standard in recording community and audio enthusiasts ever. must be a noob company.. ooo.. and they shouldn't exist in the world, right?

swap the first and third letter position, and you'll get a famous brand of women's hygiene pads in my country :laughing::laughing:

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #7,583 of 62,419
Come back with a little more experience if you are gonna call Fostex a no name company. Even if I'm not liking their TW offering they are an old school big boy and many of us have had there headphones and/or drivers. Think my Creative Aurvana air has Fostex drivers in them. Even though I have not had a branded Fostex I have had nearly 10 that used Fostex/Fosters drivers. Most on Head-fi have probably had a Pioneer or AT or Sony or Senn or Creative or Denon using one. :smirk:

Pioneer used to make great stuff. Now they are all but dead. Times change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back