Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 14, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #7,501 of 62,385
Nothing in the user manual about an ambient mode either and no app to download to change any settings or modes. Maybe that will come in the future, but right now function wise they are pretty basic.

They are quite isolating too, so maybe not for you, but personally I prefer the isolation.

I want the isolation but want easy access to the environment as well which is why I love the Earin M2. Stop the music and full ambient is on, start music and ambient is fully off. I would just like more battery life than the just over 3 hours the M2 supply but still want them to be as small as possible.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #7,503 of 62,385
I have checked with an Avantree transmitter (AptX) from my HTPC (testing a couple of mkv's) and Youtube on my iPhone X (AAC). Both with terrible lip synch.

Midrange exaggerated as I said, and sooo narrow sounding. (Voices in music sounds terrible, I don't know how to explain it better than it feels "boxy").
Bass is also more midbass driven, it goes deep enough but my ears are just focused on the narrow sounding midrange and midbass :frowning2:
When listening to just one bud, it actually sounds ok, as it's something wrong with the pairing when both buds are in use? Like a phase problem?
Or is this just what the missing soundstage is about?

Also got the s101, not found them abnormal lip sync regarding aptx. Can watch something on android apps like "rikstv" or vance youtube. But I think I mentioned somewhere on here that they are more narrow than the mavins, small soundstage. Vocals like Kari Bremnes seems to be inside your head compared to the mavins. Other than that I have no problems listening to them for 30$.

Mavins are still better, but when I want some "intimate" sound this is a cheap option. ( I like wide soundstage..so calling these intimate maybe too positive).

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #7,504 of 62,385
They really aren't large at all, 15mm diameter x 25mm long. That counts as pretty tiny in my book.

Those images are clearly Photoshopped to show off the product, in actual use they are barely noticeable in the ear. Small enough to wear while lying on your side with your head in the pillow.

Picked up a pair this morning, early impressions are good. Best bluetooth range of any I have tried, zero drop outs, there are just the quality IEM's you would expect from a company like Cambridge.

Sound wise all good so far, lots of detail, bass is more than adequate, huge soundstage.

Don't let some lousy Photoshop pics put you off.

I don't see any editing in the photo but I grant that it is possible. I have seen another image though and a video. They are faily large in all three sources that I have seen. I will grant though that both the two images I have seen and the video show them on rather petite women.

Can you put up some pics of you wearing them for reference?

From a Youtube video below:

1.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #7,505 of 62,385
Got the Sabbat E 12 today, unfortunately it's going back.
The pros: Quality build and looks,lokks very stylish IMO, very comfortable,and good seal. USB-C and wireless charging.
Cons: Sound quality! Basically midrange and highs are almost non existent creating a very "hollow" sound. All it has is bass and lots of it for sure. Tried all the tips I could fit, but they made no difference at all, and even EQ wasn't much of a help. Very disappointing since I was really looking forward to this. Bummer! My Mifo O5 remains my only TWS that so far passed my requirements, and keeps me happy overall.
That's very interesting. I like the Sabbat E12 quite a bit, but disliked the Mifo O5 (especially the small buttons). Not a right or wrong thing, just a testament to how much difference there is in this game. Some people love onions, some hate them.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #7,506 of 62,385
Standard.

I'm playing with the mifo O5 professional version right now and comparing to the Anbes 359. The Anbes definitely have more base, but I'm finding with the O5'S breaking in, the base is slowly coming alive too.

You haven't by chance tried the Astrotec S60?

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #7,507 of 62,385
I'm playing with the mifo O5 professional version right now and comparing to the Anbes 359. The Anbes definitely have more base, but I'm finding with the O5'S breaking in, the base is slowly coming alive too.

You haven't by chance tried the Astrotec S60?
no.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #7,508 of 62,385
That's very interesting. I like the Sabbat E12 quite a bit, but disliked the Mifo O5 (especially the small buttons). Not a right or wrong thing, just a testament to how much difference there is in this game. Some people love onions, some hate them.

Yeah after my research I was positive that the two is very close sound wise, but no cigar!

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #7,509 of 62,385
Also got the s101, not found them abnormal lip sync regarding aptx. Can watch something on android apps like "rikstv" or vance youtube. But I think I mentioned somewhere on here that they are more narrow than the mavins, small soundstage. Vocals like Kari Bremnes seems to be inside your head compared to the mavins. Other than that I have no problems listening to them for 30$.

Mavins are still better, but when I want some "intimate" sound this is a cheap option. ( I like wide soundstage..so calling these intimate maybe too positive).
Thank you. "Vocals inside your head", that explains what I mean too :)

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #7,511 of 62,385
I don't see any editing in the photo but I grant that it is possible. I have seen another image though and a video. They are faily large in all three sources that I have seen. I will grant though that both the two images I have seen and the video show them on rather petite women.

Can you put up some pics of you wearing them for reference?

From a Youtube video below:

Frankenstein's Monster is a blonde woman now? Damn, looking good!

Jun 14, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #7,513 of 62,385

That looks ridiculous. They could have at least made the edges rounded vs perfect cylinders. Like others have stated, it looks like corks sticking out of the ears.

Jun 14, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #7,514 of 62,385
That looks ridiculous. They could have at least made the edges rounded vs perfect cylinders. Like others have stated, it looks like corks sticking out of the ears.
Anytime the first word that comes to mind is "bulbous", it's back to the drawing board, skipper!

Anyone else have any feedback on the COWIN KY02 [Upgraded]? Calls? Bass? Clarity? Been looking at these lately, but just haven't pulled the trigger.

Jun 14, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #7,515 of 62,385

It’s actually interesting that those outer dimensions of 15x27mm are exactly the same dimensions as the Earin M2, the shaping of the M2 body is just different and the M2 are tiny

8133BA2C-BE66-44B1-8586-802FB4169471.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back