Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 11, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #7,441 of 62,458
Of course I could EQ it, but with literally dozens of IEMs I don't think there is enough space to store each setting ready to go.
Yeah, that could get cumbersome if you have numerous 'buds in your collection.

I love the bass on the Sabbat E12, but there's nothing wrong if someone doesn't. Not everyone likes the same thing. Yes, the seal is less than Ideal, but I find them very comfortable. Calls are OK, the only issue that callers report back to me is a random electronic "buzz" for a split second here and there throughout the call.

Overall, I really like the E12 and would recommend them for anyone that likes deep sub-bass and doesn't need isolation.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #7,442 of 62,458
Of course I could EQ it, but with literally dozens of IEMs I don't think there is enough space to store each setting ready to go.
The Onkyo HF music app probably has that capacity.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #7,443 of 62,458

The Onkyo HF music app probably has that capacity.

Rockbox does it. I have about 40 EQ profiles. The files that store the settings are just small text files. You could fit tens thousands of them on a singe floppy disk.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #7,444 of 62,458
Rockbox does it. I have about 40 EQ profiles. The files that store the settings are just small text files. You could fit tens thousands of them on a singe floppy disk.

And then carry around a floppy drive for every time you want to change headphones?! No thank you!! Plus, how are you going to insert the floppy into the phone?!?

PS: couldn't resist :laughing:

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #7,445 of 62,458
Yeah, that could get cumbersome if you have numerous 'buds in your collection.

I love the bass on the Sabbat E12, but there's nothing wrong if someone doesn't. Not everyone likes the same thing. Yes, the seal is less than Ideal, but I find them very comfortable. Calls are OK, the only issue that callers report back to me is a random electronic "buzz" for a split second here and there throughout the call.

Overall, I really like the E12 and would recommend them for anyone that likes deep sub-bass and doesn't need isolation.
I'm ok with bass boosted below 60hz, but I find most headphones including IEMs [ I came across] are boosted between 100-200hz to some degree. MFR's doing what speaker MFR's used to do with bookshelf speakers, boosting the upper bass to make them sound more "potent". I think this is definitely true for chi-fi TWS's
Yeah my E 12 is on it's way, I'm hoping it will be as good or better as my Mifo O5, which has been my daily driver for a month now and have no issues with it [once it was Eq'd] unlike the 6 different TWE's I sent back the last 2 months [including the Anbes 359] for connectivity, fit and sound quality problems .

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #7,446 of 62,458
Jun 11, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #7,447 of 62,458

Do you mind to PM me the price? Don't want to sign up just to see the price...

And don't know that there is any guarantee that these are going to be BA's... Especially with the conversations about false advertising in TRN's cables (see the TRN thread).

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #7,449 of 62,458
If anyone else is wondering it's $40 with free shipping to USA.
Not bad for $40 if it's BA drivers/Battery life claimed 15hrs and free shipping. I'll hold out till I see a review comparisons to my beloved Anbes. :)

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #7,450 of 62,458
If anyone else is wondering it's $40 with free shipping to USA.

Sorry to keep asking (just got interested!)
Do you know the shipping timeframe?

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #7,451 of 62,458
Sorry to keep asking (just got interested!)
Do you know the shipping timeframe?

Ok just checked and it's a bit of a wait unfortunately, the following is copied and pasted:-

SHIPPING
All orders will be shipped by Drop.

Estimated ship date is July 18, 2019 PT.

After this product run ends, payment will be collected and orders will be submitted to the vendor up front, making all orders final. Check the discussion for updates on your order.

Also says that there is 5 days left so decisions, decsions.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #7,452 of 62,458
Australian Sound and Vision magazine do 9 tws shootout with Airpods V2 and Nuhera IQBuds Boost coming out on top and the Jabra Elite Active T65 getting top value. The other contenders were Earin M2, Edifier TWS2, Phiatin Bolt BT700, Plantronics Backbeat Fit 3100, Sennheiser MTW and Soul Emotion.

The reviewers number one criteria is ambient mode or lack of complete isolation.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #7,453 of 62,458
Just picked up the Aukey TWE (T10 Model) and definitely feeling these. Sound is very balanced out the gate; not bright, not bassy, not shouty. Surely, it's not exactly flat, but it's done tastefully and in a way that maintains overall balance. Personally for my tastes, I add a bit more bass push in the 60 Hz and 150 Hz regions, but not much, so in cases where I can't, it's still pleasing to me as someone that enjoys bass. AAC, not aptX, but my main phone for calls is my iPhone anyway, so no big deal there. Callers also report I sound good, even though some of the Amazon reviews indicate poor call performance. YMMV.

They look, fit, and feel like the 2018 Icon X, but they sound better. I thought the Icon X sounded a bit cheap, especially the highs and weak bass.

Touch Controls, Volume Control, USB C, Qi Charging.

They are also 20% off now.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #7,454 of 62,458
Cambridge_Audio_melomania_1_black_03.jpg

not a bad price for QCC3026
https://cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/en/products/melomania-1/buy

https://www.mobilegeeks.de/test/cambridge-audio-melomania-1/
a review in German, the only complaint seems to be micro USB

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #7,455 of 62,458

Users who are viewing this thread

Back