Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 19, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #62,011 of 62,380
Are you sure what you're hearing is not a connectivity problem that may be fixable with a reset?
Okay so, I'm replying to something 9 or so pages back about my Aviot TE-ZX1 because I've been sort of not on here for a few days, but...

I mean, no I'm not SURE. But it also seems weird for a software/connectivity issue. It's only on the right ear, and it sounds very much like something physically moving around in the earbud and only happens when I walk/run.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #62,013 of 62,380
Honestly guys, this thread has become a total mess. Almost useless fir anyone but the handfull of guys that misuse it as kind of a chat (except dweaver).
If someone wants to inform oneself about the latest and greatest in tws you cant find anything usefull even when reading the last 15 sites. 80% trash talk with single sentence posts or sidelong opinion fights about gear that already was talked about yrs ago. this will help nobody.
Pls keep in mind that this is or better was the no1 post for thousands of people who wanted to gather real informations about the relevant tws out there.
Maybe open another thread called "my last thought" or whatever, where you can scratch the itch of telling the world what today is on your minds about wirelss music solutions, sales platforms, shipping fees, jokes, what you would or would not do and what not. nothing wrong with those topics and personal thoughts, but this has almost turned into a twitch chat.
Yeah i know, who am i, and why am acting like a boomer sheriff weirdo here, blabla. Roast me if you want to, idc. Just sayin..
Hi

I was wondering lately about this thread.... it now looks like a total mess of mix things.
Would it not be possible to get at least separate threads by price range ?
I'm always astounded to see users come to speak about TWS costing 70 euros telling the sound is awesome but just because they always buy ones under 100 euros and compare with these. But if they ever try the B&W PI7 or DPP for instance , their minds would be blowed away...
I don't judge as taste is always subjective and money don't fall from trees, but there is a certain logic around price. And when i come back to this thread to see if there is new TWS that could be bring some improvements to this now quite mature technology and i have to read 10 pages around some obscure chinese TWS that costs 50 euros, i already know i waste ten pages of my time....
So splitted threads could lead the audience to their point of interest...

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #62,014 of 62,380
Hi

I was wondering lately about this thread.... it now looks like a total mess of mix things.
Would it not be possible to get at least separate threads by price range ?
I'm always astounded to see users come to speak about TWS costing 70 euros telling the sound is awesome but just because they always buy ones under 100 euros and compare with these. But if they ever try the B&W PI7 or DPP for instance , their minds would be blowed away...
I don't judge as taste is always subjective and money don't fall from trees, but there is a certain logic around price. And when i come back to this thread to see if there is new TWS that could be bring some improvements to this now quite mature technology and i have to read 10 pages around some obscure chinese TWS that costs 50 euros, i already know i waste ten pages of my time....
So splitted threads could lead the audience to their point of interest...

I agree that a separate thread should be made and I feel slightly guilty because I too have posted things here that don't really benefit anyone. The thread could have a list of all the TWS in different price brackets with no off topic chatter. I disagree that price is always an indicator of quality, even though I've only tried two different TWS (Sennheiser MTW3 and Aviot TE-ZX1) and the cheaper one was A LOT better (Aviot), it's also a lot better than the B&W PX8 over-ears that cost 699€(!).

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #62,015 of 62,380
Okay so, I'm replying to something 9 or so pages back about my Aviot TE-ZX1 because I've been sort of not on here for a few days, but...

I mean, no I'm not SURE. But it also seems weird for a software/connectivity issue. It's only on the right ear, and it sounds very much like something physically moving around in the earbud and only happens when I walk/run.
What happened to me was I started to get cutouts in my left earpiece. I first put it back in the case because that's what typically fixes the sort of thing. But no, was still there. Disable re-enable Bluetooth, still there. Forget device, re-pair. Now one ear was entirely silent! Factory reset. Still the same!

In the end, yes, I had gotten into quite a mess. I think it started when I paired to my tablet and selected "Aviot ZX1 LE" by mistake. Reading the docs they say not to do that. What had happened on my main phone was that the device split into two different pairings, one for the left and one for the right. And of course only one could be enabled at a time.

The way I finally fixed it was to remove all pairings from all devices and do a factory reset. Presto! It's been perfect ever since and I am multi-paired again. Sorry to post such tedium, I hope it helps!

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #62,016 of 62,380
I agree that a separate thread should be made and I feel slightly guilty because I too have posted things here that don't really benefit anyone. The thread could have a list of all the TWS in different price brackets with no off topic chatter. I disagree that price is always an indicator of quality, even though I've only tried two different TWS (Sennheiser MTW3 and Aviot TE-ZX1) and the cheaper one was A LOT better (Aviot), it's also a lot better than the B&W PX8 over-ears that cost 699€(!).
Every now and then someone comes along who has some idea on how to bring order to this thread. The problem is that they and their viewpoint and solution are just as subjective as everything else is in this hobby. Most readers and contributors here are well aware of how to navigate the shifting grounds of this tech and the various personalities who enjoy it, but perhaps don't have the time to stay current on a number of different threads and perhaps appreciate having everything in one place.

As messy as it may seem to some, I think it works pretty well. If you type "Aviot TE ZX1 review" in Google It will bring you directly to the posts in this thread.

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #62,018 of 62,380
When I lost my oppo enco x2, I came here looking for a replacement in the same price range. After looking at various options, I've made up my mind. And bought the same again. So it's good to have options in various price ranges in the same thread.
In the end, the totl tws are few in number and easy to find in this thread by using the search function.

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #62,019 of 62,380
Apr 19, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #62,020 of 62,380
Apr 19, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #62,021 of 62,380
Buy an open box one for $299.95 from Audio46 or Bloom. Unless you are okay with a July 4th estimated ship date. :)
Not a bad price. Wonder if it's better than the AZ80, which I have been seriously considering

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #62,022 of 62,380
Not a bad price. Wonder if it's better than the AZ80, which I have been seriously considering
Buy an open box one for $299.95 from Audio46 or Bloom. Unless you are okay with a July 4th estimated ship date. :)
There you go! Blowing them out for the new Triumph which supposedly ship next week :metal:

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #62,023 of 62,380
What happened to me was I started to get cutouts in my left earpiece. I first put it back in the case because that's what typically fixes the sort of thing. But no, was still there. Disable re-enable Bluetooth, still there. Forget device, re-pair. Now one ear was entirely silent! Factory reset. Still the same!

In the end, yes, I had gotten into quite a mess. I think it started when I paired to my tablet and selected "Aviot ZX1 LE" by mistake. Reading the docs they say not to do that. What had happened on my main phone was that the device split into two different pairings, one for the left and one for the right. And of course only one could be enabled at a time.

The way I finally fixed it was to remove all pairings from all devices and do a factory reset. Presto! It's been perfect ever since and I am multi-paired again. Sorry to post such tedium, I hope it helps!
I did the same thing, on purpose. I read the instructions *NOT TO pair the LE TE~ZX1, what did I do? I did not see a choice without the LE option on the list to pair, and I wanted to hear it NOW LOL. It would pair and show active, and the meter would advance in the music app, but no sound would transmit. I shut down, reset as you did, and vìola! Next time AVIOT TE~ZX was an option.

Found this: https://aviot.jp/wp-content/themes/aviot/manual/te-zx1/ja/index.html#
Set the browser to translate. Don't forget to warranty register.

Here is an informative video about Bluetooth codecs. A/Bing ZX1 w/ iPhone/AAC vs HiBy M300/LDAC...LDAC gives more of everything. AAC has more air and soundstage. I love seeing LDAC and aptX Adaptive being used....BUT my ears can't read and only hear. They hear iPhone/ACC, at the very least holding its own against the other 2, if not better depending on content.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #62,024 of 62,380
There you go! Blowing them out for the new Triumph which supposedly ship next week :metal:
Have you tested them for call quality?

What else have you been using lately that is inside $300 usd, my fellow Guinea pig! :p

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #62,025 of 62,380
Have you tested them for call quality?

What else have you been using lately that is inside $300 usd, my fellow Guinea pig! :p
I don't think the Noble stuff is geared towards phone calls, but I do have the Falcon Max and they do work fine for calls in the house or office.

Today, the only buds that are up to 300 are my B&O EX (tried and true), Jabra Elite 10, Noble Falcon Max, APP2, Devialet Gemini 2 (more than 3 bills). I will say, thoroughly enjoying my IE600 and Hype 4 right now on those Ifi Adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back