Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 18, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #61,982 of 62,364
Indiegogo is ALWAYS a gamble.
Especially with only 67 backers and under £4k raised -- that's not a lot to do a full production run -- unless they're rebadged already available model on alibaba
Don't seem to bring much new to the table tho vs much more established and similar priced items like Earfun pro3's

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #61,983 of 62,364
Guys, for the first time I used the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro with ANC while I was driving. My car has a sports muffler and a blow off valve, so its loud, really loud. And with the Buds 2 Pro with ANC on, it kills all the sound like it was weird driving the car whilst wearing those, because being a stick shifter I usually have the engine sound cueing when to shift but now I can't hear anything.

I didn't realise how good the ANC on these were, but the question now is, how does this compare to say the Jabra Elite 10 or the TE-ZX1?

Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and TE-ZX1 are my main two TWS headphones these days.
Disclaimer : I think I have good seal on both but I have only tried them with their own stock large tips, I have not tried using the same tips on both yet. I plan to test both headphones with a few of my third party tips when I get some free time, which unfortunately won't happen for a few days.

TE-ZX1 seems to have better ANC in my experience, especially for sudden changes in noise levels. It both cancels more noise and does so for more frequencies.
For example in the office I can somewhat hear loud colleagues with the Buds 2 Pro. It's almost impossible to understand what people are saying with the TE-ZX1, if I can even notice that they are talking. This is my favorite point about them since a lot of ANC headphones seem to fail at limiting voices.
I have not tried either inside a car but the TE-ZX1 seem to block the sound of cars when I'm walking around the city better than the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro do. The difference is not huge but it's noticeable.
They both seem to be similarly effective for train sounds and from my limited tests bus window rattling sounds are equally negated by both.

I have not tried the Jabra Elite 10 so I can't comment on those.

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #61,986 of 62,364
Nothing really screams "I need to buy this now" ... oh .. yeah .. YELLO!!!!

I like that that the ANC lets you not 100% reply on Adaptive and have Low/Med/High/Adaptive choices assuming it is 100% manual with the first 1 options.

They do look heckin' cool, I agree. When I (because I will at some point) lose the Aurvana Ace 2, these will be an option.

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #61,987 of 62,364
Seeing Charlie Wilson sing 'You Dropped a Bomb On Me' got the song stuck in my head. Listening to it now on the ZX1...WOW....bass is hitting perfect and vocals are clean but still have decay/fuzz. The black background makes all the instruments stand out including vocals. And yep, hearing sounds/instruments I have not before. I wish one of the top reviewers on Head~Fi would test them out and write a review.

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #61,988 of 62,364
Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and TE-ZX1 are my main two TWS headphones these days.
Disclaimer : I think I have good seal on both but I have only tried them with their own stock large tips, I have not tried using the same tips on both yet. I plan to test both headphones with a few of my third party tips when I get some free time, which unfortunately won't happen for a few days.

TE-ZX1 seems to have better ANC in my experience, especially for sudden changes in noise levels. It both cancels more noise and does so for more frequencies.
For example in the office I can somewhat hear loud colleagues with the Buds 2 Pro. It's almost impossible to understand what people are saying with the TE-ZX1, if I can even notice that they are talking. This is my favorite point about them since a lot of ANC headphones seem to fail at limiting voices.
I have not tried either inside a car but the TE-ZX1 seem to block the sound of cars when I'm walking around the city better than the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro do. The difference is not huge but it's noticeable.
They both seem to be similarly effective for train sounds and from my limited tests bus window rattling sounds are equally negated by both.

I have not tried the Jabra Elite 10 so I can't comment on those.
Thanks for sharing, that makes me feel more convinced with the ZX1!

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #61,990 of 62,364
What’s next for the dragon?
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside that you have a nickname for me 😊

It's really just about necessity. I need to finance the pilgrim noir which I'm buying in May, and the penon quattro. So I have to sell the Bonneville. And that would leave me with no mmcx IEM to use with the shure tw2, so selling those too.

I'll get the shure tw2 again when I can afford to buy the supermoon again. That was a perfect pairing.

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #61,991 of 62,364
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside that you have a nickname for me 😊

It's really just about necessity. I need to finance the pilgrim noir which I'm buying in May, and the penon quattro. So I have to sell the Bonneville. And that would leave me with no mmcx IEM to use with the shure tw2, so selling those too.

I'll get the shure tw2 again when I can afford to buy the supermoon again. That was a perfect pairing.
Idk 🤷‍♀️. Maybe go with a clean slate and try something new. I’m eyeing the IE600, they can be had for around $400 at Sennheiser’s refurb site. Crinicle thinks highly of them 👍

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #61,994 of 62,364
Oops, IE600 sold out refurbed.. Bummer
Crin can be wrong you know :wink:
I gauged a bunch of reviewer, graphs and took a shot because they are close to what I enjoy via others. For $499 (which I paid on Amazon) they're a steal. The soundstage is wide and airy. Bass nice and clean. I'd say the clarity is better than my Hype 4. Fit is perfect on my iFi adapters.

Looks like they're still on sale via Amazon and ugh, even $50 cheaper using my companies employee discount! Blast!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #61,995 of 62,364

Users who are viewing this thread

Back