Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 17, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #61,936 of 62,328
Hi 👋🏻 it might be helpful for some folks , i have been using Cambridge m100 and jabra elite 10 while driving , now due to warmer weather windows are open and as of ANC point jabra killing MTW4 and specially m100 very weak faulty ANC performance i hear almost a lot of sound and when car goes any bumps vacuum like sound coming on and of very disturbing jabra elite cuts of all wind and outside noise like 99 percent

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #61,938 of 62,328
The m100 ANC is near non existent and even the passive seal is not best with any of my usual ear tips and fitting the case can be an issue with some but they are comfy.

I am having charging issue due to the case/hall switch, sometime one bud or both do not charge and since day 2 where L bud dies when the R still has 15% left (2hours approx. of use.) and the App a lot of the time cannot see the buds and just flickers on/off in a loop.

Also seem to have issue with the multipoint acting up causing cracking as you leave home/arrive back home.

They do sound good with some music but not blown away like with some other buds like FW5's or MTW3's or Opera05.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #61,940 of 62,328
The m100 ANC is near non existent and even the passive seal is not best with any of my usual ear tips and fitting the case can be an issue with some but they are comfy.

I am having charging issue due to the case/hall switch, sometime one bud or both do not charge and since day 2 where L bud dies when the R still has 15% left (2hours approx. of use.) and the App a lot of the time cannot see the buds and just flickers on/off in a loop.

Also seem to have issue with the multipoint acting up causing cracking as you leave home/arrive back home.

They do sound good with some music but not blown away like with some other buds like FW5's or MTW3's or Opera05.
M100 has to best battery life but it’s not in half to keep them for that reason only sound is pretty good but yes nothing crazy sadly many defects maybe future firmware updates can fix ,sadly not a keeper ( i like the sound ANC turned off )

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #61,942 of 62,328
That's often a battery saver feature to help prolong battery life of the device so they don't wear out. In the app settings you should be able to disable it.
I tried it here..... but still didn't work.

Should I clear cache, data in storage?

1000040646.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #61,943 of 62,328
Guys, for the first time I used the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro with ANC while I was driving. My car has a sports muffler and a blow off valve, so its loud, really loud. And with the Buds 2 Pro with ANC on, it kills all the sound like it was weird driving the car whilst wearing those, because being a stick shifter I usually have the engine sound cueing when to shift but now I can't hear anything.

I didn't realise how good the ANC on these were, but the question now is, how does this compare to say the Jabra Elite 10 or the TE-ZX1?

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #61,945 of 62,328
Just got the Vivo TWS 4 Hifi. Tried them on the Eppfun transmitter. They support the newer Aptx Lossless Hi-Res (1200kbps 24/48). Definitely bring them above regular Aptx Lossless and LDAC. My transmitter still acting up when using Aptx Lossless. Ordered a new one and will be returning this one.
Really interested in hearing your thoughts and review of the TWS 4 Hifi

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #61,946 of 62,328

Damn, even this new Cambridge audio tws has issues? That's disappointing after the melomania touch blunder a couple years ago.

I just sent my mtw3 back for replacement. I am going to sell the new one they send. Time for a new tws. Been doing some reading lately to see what's out there within my budget under 300. I am really tired of unreliable tws after melomania touch and mtw3...

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #61,947 of 62,328
I've been using a couple of different "Wearable" (ear loop) amps with my usually-wired IEMs, and I'll never go back. I'm using iFi Go Pods paired with Westone Mach 80s, and FiiO UTWS5s paired with my good ol' Shure SE846 V2s.

I'm very satisfied with these 2 wireless solutions, and it'll only get better from here. The Go Pods in particular are a game changer. They're comfortable, crystal clear, and powerful enough to drive any IEM to its potential - including the Mach 80, which at 66 ohms is a harder-to-drive IEM, and it has brought the sound of the Mach 80s to a new level.

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #61,949 of 62,328
Guys, for the first time I used the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro with ANC while I was driving. My car has a sports muffler and a blow off valve, so its loud, really loud. And with the Buds 2 Pro with ANC on, it kills all the sound like it was weird driving the car whilst wearing those, because being a stick shifter I usually have the engine sound cueing when to shift but now I can't hear anything.

I didn't realise how good the ANC on these were, but the question now is, how does this compare to say the Jabra Elite 10 or the TE-ZX1?
Sadly I don't have an engine and sports muffler but I will be taking all three of the above on a plane this Friday. I'll compare and report back.

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #61,950 of 62,328
Damn, even this new Cambridge audio tws has issues? That's disappointing after the melomania touch blunder a couple years ago.

I just sent my mtw3 back for replacement. I am going to sell the new one they send. Time for a new tws. Been doing some reading lately to see what's out there within my budget under 300. I am really tired of unreliable tws after melomania touch and mtw3...
Techincs az80 made in Malaysia maybe better quality control like most of Sonys and very solid tws

Users who are viewing this thread

Back