Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 16, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #61,921 of 62,311
Okay here goes:

1. Bud size - Push
2. Bud performance for music - Go Pods
3. Transparency/Call Quality - Shure
4. Comfort - subjective - Go Pods
5. Case - Shure
6. Software - Shure

The big one for me is the Shure are underpowered and because of that, it's a bit of a deal breaker. That's why I can overlook the case and other features.
1000% agree.

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #61,922 of 62,311
I think this is a pretty niche product so if I were a betting man, I'd bet that Shure has no reason right now to update them
Plus, Shure wants you to buy into their ecosystem. Our dabbling with making their adapters work for other IEMs is a futile but fun experiment.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #61,923 of 62,311
Back to my original question then... Anyone heard anything about TW3's? I like their form factor but they decrease good IEMs technicalities a bit. I wonder if it's just down to codecs they provide.
You mean the Fiio? I’d pass. The FW5 were impressive. Maybe better with the eq added, but they are cheap and flimsy imo. Valiant effort, but better options out there.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #61,924 of 62,311
You mean the Fiio? I’d pass. The FW5 were impressive. Maybe better with the eq added, but they are cheap and flimsy imo. Valiant effort, but better options out there.
The new version of those, the FW15, were supposed to be out already but are quite delayed. I'm hoping they are a good upgrade from the FW5. Hoping.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #61,925 of 62,311
The new version of those, the FW15, were supposed to be out already but are quite delayed. I'm hoping they are a good upgrade from the FW5. Hoping.
The new adapter? Yes, Fiio has ghosted us all for months. 😔

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #61,927 of 62,311
I returned the Go Pods and the Shures’ last week. Aliiexpress should be here any day with the necklace thingy....not open returning. I was going to try to make the Noble Encores work. With the TE~ZX1 now it is full stop. Nothing will make them sound as good, wired or not.

I'm going to make a little summary of my addiction quest for the grail. It's been 4 months since I got my first TWS. When Amazon and my wife cut me off, this will explain it.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #61,928 of 62,311
Just got the Vivo TWS 4 Hifi. Tried them on the Eppfun transmitter. They support the newer Aptx Lossless Hi-Res (1200kbps 24/48). Definitely bring them above regular Aptx Lossless and LDAC. My transmitter still acting up when using Aptx Lossless. Ordered a new one and will be returning this one.

Attachments

• P_20240416_152634.jpg
    P_20240416_152634.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #61,929 of 62,311
I will. The iFi Go Pods adapters are in no way bulky. The case is. But I’m able to put my Hype 4 on the adapters in the case along with the IE600 on the mmcx arms in the case as well. Closes just fine. Love it!
Yah I definitely knew you meant the case. See how too big it is, it holds all that and closes fine :)

But seriously, they should have called them the iFi Home Pods if they were being honest. This case looks good on your desk, but not on the go! It even has feet to prove that!

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #61,931 of 62,311
Yah I definitely knew you meant the case. See how too big it is, it holds all that and closes fine :)

But seriously, they should have called them the iFi Home Pods if they were being honest. This case looks good on your desk, but not on the go! It even has feet to prove that!
I actually pack it in my sling every day and take it to work. Love it. but no, it’s not something you stick in your front pocket and folks ask you if that’s a true wireless headphones setup in your pocket or are you happy to see me?

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #61,932 of 62,311
I actually pack it in my sling every day and take it to work. Love it. but no, it’s not something you stick in your front pocket and folks ask you if that’s a true wireless headphones setup in your pocket or are you happy to see me?
I tried to carry them in my couple small slings I take most around with me in the city, but they were too bulky. For example if I'm going on a date or a casual outing, and want to bring my music with me, I'm not going to bring a larger sling with me, I just want the very basics in a little sleek sling. Battery bank, reading glasses, some eye drops, music listening device, and not much more.

I can't wait until some brand comes in and learns from the shortfalls of what's out there in this small niche product line and comes out with something like if the Shure and iFi had a baby. Just don't put iFi near anything having to do with an app :)

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #61,934 of 62,311
I have a problem with my ath TWX9.... it will not charge to 100%. Always 80% max and once I start using it, it drains pretty quickly.

I tried to reset it, brush/clean the connectors.... but still no better.

Any ideas?

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #61,935 of 62,311
I have a problem with my ath TWX9.... it will not charge to 100%. Always 80% max and once I start using it, it drains pretty quickly.

I tried to reset it, brush/clean the connectors.... but still no better.

Any ideas?
That's often a battery saver feature to help prolong battery life of the device so they don't wear out. In the app settings you should be able to disable it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back