Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 2, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #60,766 of 62,552
I haven't even looked at any new TWS in some months now, but like to keep tabs on this thread. The only set I'm waiting for news on are teh MTW4. Definitely hopeful this could be worth it.

The Shure TW2 with the Volur and Z1R or the Mystique or the MTW3 take care of everything for me.
Any MMCX connection worries with the Shure TW2 and the Z1R's recessed MMCX?

And have you tried the Z1R with Fiio UTWS5?

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #60,768 of 62,552
Do u have both Huawei Freeclip and Bose Open Ultra? Can you tell me how they compare????

I just checkout the FreeClip after thorough research. It seems like it has the best mids and highs which i want
I would say the Bose for sound, but the Freeclip buds for anything else, better features etc. Highs and mids are negligible. Others may disagree. Bose def sound better to me. I'm actually trying the Shokz Openfit today. They're great. Fuller sound compared to the Freeclip. But if you want something that has wireless charging, auto-pause, slim profile, then the Freeclip are for you. If you want an open earbud like the Openfit, they're pretty cool too, but I'm still testing them out.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #60,769 of 62,552
I would say the Bose for sound, but the Freeclip buds for anything else, better features etc. Highs and mids are negligible. Others may disagree. Bose def sound better to me. I'm actually trying the Shokz Openfit today. They're great. Fuller sound compared to the Freeclip. But if you want something that has wireless charging, auto-pause, slim profile, then the Freeclip are for you. If you want an open earbud like the Openfit, they're pretty cool too, but I'm still testing them out.
From sound demo the Bose has a tiny bit roll off at highs. Meanwhile, the freeclip is more dynamic at top. I gotta wait the Freeclip arrives

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #60,770 of 62,552
hello folks, two simple questions:
1. are tws nowadays better at connections? I once had mifo o5 (pro) that always stutter on left side when used over 1 hour or exposed on traffic wi-fi area.
2. are anc now better with handling sudden high decibel noises?

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #60,771 of 62,552
hello folks, two simple questions:
1. are tws nowadays better at connections? I once had mifo o5 (pro) that always stutter on left side when used over 1 hour or exposed on traffic wi-fi area.
2. are anc now better with handling sudden high decibel noises?
Connection nowadays is better for sure.

You might still get the odd cutout on some brands but across the board pretty reliable. With the wifi 2.4ghz connections coming out stability improves even more.

ANC will be better across the board than something from 2020, if you go Bose or Sony it's even better. Lower freqs will always be easier to block so I don't know about high pitch sounds but that's what music is for.

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #60,772 of 62,552
Currently waiting for the Noble Audio Falcon Max, should be getting here on Wednesday unless there are any customs shenanigans.
Then also the Aviot TE-ZX1, but who knows when that will actually ship, the last update they made did not make it seem like they were ready to ship them any time soon.

Thinking of grabbing the MTW4's as well, since I have a new-found appreciation of my MTW3's. Just annoying that they haven't done anything to decrease the size of that case at this point. It was already quite big when the MTW2 came out, and now two gens later and they're still keeping to that size? Nah fam, that ain't it.

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #60,773 of 62,552
Frens, ive been out of the hobby for along time. Could any of you please point me in direction of a budget TWS IEMs? As with every budget option i do not expect groundbreaking sound quality and quality of life features on tight budget but i am sure there are models that should be avoided hard! Thank you.

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #60,774 of 62,552
Frens, ive been out of the hobby for along time. Could any of you please point me in direction of a budget TWS IEMs? As with every budget option i do not expect groundbreaking sound quality and quality of life features on tight budget but i am sure there are models that should be avoided hard! Thank you.
Look up Earfun. You can get good discounts there, as well.

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #60,776 of 62,552
Define budget....
You can get a new or refurbished XM4 under <$200, same with AirPods Pro. If you don't mind shopping older models you can really get some outsized value since those go on clearance and you'll find them for 1/2 off its original price.

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #60,777 of 62,552
I’d recommend the Sony Linkbuds S. I preferred them much more over the XM4’s and APP.

One of the few for me that ticked the boxes of being comfortable, lightweight, stable, having good sound (objective I know), and very good ANC (probably the best I’ve heard from a pair that price).

Mar 4, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #60,778 of 62,552
One item I find is the connection and reconnecting plus multi point, I find the Huawei to be more seamless , Bose has giving me issues, but I do have similar issues with the QC Ultra

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #60,779 of 62,552
One item I find is the connection and reconnecting plus multi point, I find the Huawei to be more seamless , Bose has giving me issues, but I do have similar issues with the QC Ultra
Yes, not sure why Bose cut corners. Freeclip have zero issues for me switching between Mac, iPad, Android and iPhone.

I'm struggling to get along with the Shokz Openfit. Once you've tried the Freeclip and the Bose Ultra Open, it's very hard to use traditional around the ear ows buds.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #60,780 of 62,552
Bose software is wretched. I am on my third pair of Bose TWS (2 warranty replacements) and they still have major connection problems. At times, they just won't connect for like 15 minutes and several reboots. It's ridiculous that they can't get it right. Actually consider a record 3rd RMA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back