Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 8, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #60,211 of 62,534
Finally Noble released the app for the Falcon Max
Seems to have made them louder than they were before with the firmware update 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208-182127_Noble_FALCON_MAX.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208-182127_Noble_FALCON_MAX.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #60,214 of 62,534
I’d say that’s a fair list. Honestly I’m surprised the Svanar and Svanar LE aren’t talked about a bit more. For guys that lean more towards jazz, classical, acoustic, some rock and classic rock, they are pretty incredible. Sometimes I’ll still get those holy schiit moments that I’m not listening to my CFA Bonnevilles.

It's not quite that fair. The Prestige are 600, and we are talking about 250-300 IEMs in there. Literally half the price.

Feb 9, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #60,216 of 62,534
I mean that’s all there really is on the market right now. Price tiers would be dumb with so few products overall.

Also PSA - Svanar LE are $199 on Amazon right now.

Price tiers are not dumb when one product is essentially double the price of most other flagships.

The Prestige is an exception, but a notable one. It's in a different price tier period.

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #60,218 of 62,534
Technically the Svanarr is nearly the same price. And price doesn’t necessarily mean better SQ.
I forgot the svanar price, thanks.

That's two IEMs in a totally different price bracket.

You are preaching to the choir about price does not equal sq

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #60,219 of 62,534
After all, after the red one yesterday, I ordered too the AVIOT TE-ZX1-PNK today, I didn't know that that PNK version was more oriented for music listeners than the red one (which seems to concern more gamers) ..
I will compare both when I get them, and I will sell the version which sounds less "musically" tuned for me.

It's pity that most musical TWS are concerning more or less iphone users without LDAC, as for android users there is a significant sound quality improvement when we switch between LDAC & AAC or even APTX (Bluetooth Codec Changer). And most of the few LDAC TWS can't be used 8 hours or more for one charge which is a bit annoying too (only my 1000XM5 in LDAC mode & no DSEEx, is ok till now).

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #60,220 of 62,534
Well, Aviot replied and they're not sure about the customs fees: they say they're not included and they don't know in their message. Makes no sense haha!

Anyway, the cheaper tier is gone in the meantime so I'm out. You were too slow to reply Aviot.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #60,221 of 62,534
Well, Aviot replied and they're not sure about the customs fees: they say they're not included and they don't know in their message. Makes no sense haha!

Anyway, the cheaper tier is gone in the meantime so I'm out. You were too slow to reply Aviot.

It sure makes sense, 'cause they say that they won't pay any custom fees in advance when they ship the product. Which means that local custom / import fees will have to be paid for by the recipient.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #60,222 of 62,534
It sure makes sense, 'cause they say that they won't pay any custom fees in advance when they ship the product. Which means that local custom / import fees will have to be paid for by the recipient.
Well, they say they don't know and not included so they DO know they're not included. Their sentence is kinda confusing.

Anyway, I might try the ZX1 when I'm in Japan, no rush. I don't really like buying audio gear blindly.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #60,223 of 62,534
Well, they say they don't know and not included so they DO know they're not included. Their sentence is kinda confusing.

Anyway, I might try the ZX1 when I'm in Japan, no rush. I don't really like buying audio gear blindly.
It's standard practise to deal with customs fees and import taxes yourself if you order from outside EU. It's really up to the customer to know this. Also, since the cheaper tier was sold out, they didn't really lose any business, maybe from you personally, but someone else paid for it.

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:23 AM Post #60,225 of 62,534
No, most sites now include VAT when you order so you know upfront. If they don't, it's specified in their FAQ or order page.

Oh ok. I've had to pay VAT myself every time I've ordered something from outside EU, I always do the math before ordering. I assumed that a Japanese company wouldn't be paying taxes to Finland, especially since Indiegogo is an American company AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back