Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 9, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #60,226 of 62,493
Does anyone know if the Indiegogo price also includes customs fees worldwide? I e-mailed Aviot about this but got no reply so far.

Because paying taxes on these would cost me an extra 20% and I'm not sure they're worth it then.
I would work on the assumption that they're not --- everytime i've bought something via kickstarter/indigogo they've been shipped from china and got stung for import costs
They include shipping costs but import duty / customs are typically backers responsibility

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #60,228 of 62,493
Just ordered the Final ZE8000 mk2 hope I don’t regret it 😬

any feedback on them ?
From a sound quality perspective they're probably the best and most comfortable TWS I've tried.

But they do come with quite many downsides besides the good stuff.

There's no wireless charging, touch controls are quite difficult to master and the battery life is atrocious... Personally I couldn't get the multipoint to work either.

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #60,229 of 62,493
From a sound quality perspective they're probably the best and most comfortable TWS I've tried.

There's no wireless charging, touch controls are quite difficult to master and the battery life is atrocious... Personally I couldn't get the multipoint to work either.
Have you returned yours ?
I have Mystique coming soon also APP2 so hopefully they can fill the gap somewhere
I returned the Orbits

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #60,230 of 62,493
It's not quite that fair. The Prestige are 600, and we are talking about 250-300 IEMs in there. Literally half the price.
What are you talking about. The poster didn't list any price limitations and said he wanted the best sound quality. So I posted a list with several options from the most expensive down to under $300. I did exactly what the poster asked. What's not fair about that?

Feb 9, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #60,231 of 62,493

Totally agree. Super comfortable. Awesome balanced sound that grows on you as you adjust to them. Not sure why I sold them TBH. Probably chasing the dragon.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #60,234 of 62,493
Is the base on the PNK version meant to be bigger / more Boombastic?

Or tighter and more controlled ("better")?

Cause id probs prefer the bass-ier version
I'm not sure :S. I haven't researched the comparisons, but I was trying to translate the website haha.

Now that I've put a few hours on them, I went with this:
1. Added 2db to the bass via the Aviot app
2. Use Pentaconn Coreir brass tips

I actually prefer Azla SednaEarfit Max on most headphones, and on occasion SpinFit, but with these, the Pentaconn was just a little big better TO ME (but it's also like 2/3X the price haha)

I'm someone who has both the Empire Ears Legend EVO and the Fir Audio Xenon 6, so I like my visceral bass and the TE-ZX1 flagship version with the above configuration is keeping me fairly satisfied.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #60,235 of 62,493
Just sound quality. If possible more then 4 hours of battery on a charge.
If your only concern is sound quality and battery life and you do not need any other features, what you're looking for is not an TWS imho.

You're much better off with earhooks or an ""Wireless cable"" (or however these are called) or even an portable Bluetooth receiver.

Because sound quality is the only thing that TWS can do least good. They are made to have a lots of features to compensate for the lack of sound quality but if your most important thing is sound quality in a wireless fashion, an TWS is imho not what you're looking for.

Feb 10, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #60,236 of 62,493
Pulled the trigger, got AZ80. Really nice step up from AZ60, keeping somewhat similar tuning with better detail, soundstage and features (wireless charging, earpiece insertion detection). Metal music sounds lovely!

az80.png

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #60,238 of 62,493
While traveling for work, picked up the new Huawei Freeclips.

Quite interesting and really different.

They sit as a small ear clamp and surprisingly work well and biggest issue you will forget they are on.

Some people will stare at you as they are different from anything outhere.

Sound is very detailed and loud for a pair of open type TWS. Did not download Huawei app so did not customize tuning or controls.

Very easy to operate, plus they are not Right or Left you as they are side agnostic on the case and your ears.

1000000868.jpg

1000000869.jpg

Feb 10, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #60,239 of 62,493
So I received the Final ZE8000 MK11 unfortunately not for me fit is uncomfortable after a short time sound was unimpressive I actually enjoyed the orbits better.
Not sure what to try next!!
can’t help you with fit but for sound they do take a little time to get used to. Initially they were not very impressive to me but after a few days they really grew on me. It’s not a punchy sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back