Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 21, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #57,677 of 63,225
Where Apple shines is their Dolby Atmos and spatial music if you have their AirPods Pro - they have a fairly clear high resolution library. Tidal has more formats, and I think algorithms are better, but they cost more and if youā€™re already on Apple - then you might as well get the One subscription and get a lot bundled. Tidal also adds a little more bas to their songs in my opinion and Iā€™ve seen others say this too. Tidal is better, but for the other reasons Iā€™ve mentioned I am just on apple for now.

Oct 21, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #57,678 of 63,225
QBuz,Tidal have the HiFi , what at least keeps me with Spotify is the wide range of their library and their algorithms have really allowed me to discover a wide gamut of music.
Have tried Apple Music that has a large library but Spotify still beats them by quite a lot with their Algorithms.
That's the key with Spotify --- they're discovery methods and things like Spotify Connect are unique but i'm genuinely surprised at how much the SQ delta is between Spotify and Tidal ... am eagerly awaiting the "hifi" option they keep touting

Oct 21, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #57,679 of 63,225
It depends on your ears. My use case for tws is the exact same as yours. Denon PerL Pro is the best and has made me stop looking for alternatives. Waterproof to ipx4 which is good enough.
My issue is that the 1st pair of DPP's i got were fine (regret sending them back really) -- but the 2 pairs i've tried subsequently were faulty.
Seems the QC is lacking. So now i'm kinda done with them

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #57,680 of 63,225
Though they aren't near my top of the list for sq, for outdoor activities, or workouts in general where you want to hear stuff, it's hard to beat AirPods Pro 2. The transparency mode is so natural, and the ANC is great, especially. With that said, I also own Noble Fokus Pro and Denon PerL Pro, which are my go to for everything EXCEPT working out.
I've had nothing but problems with airpods. If I were to get running buds, I would go for something you can relie on. Airpods are functionally great, but after experiencing issues with this product, I would never relie on airpods ever again!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #57,681 of 63,225
Please can someone recommend some TWS earphones for running outdoors? They would need to have good sound quality, bass, be comfortable and waterproof. Budgetwise, am just happy to pay the money for the right set.
It depends a bit about hard you run. I am a jogger and find my Elite 10 work fine for that activity and working out in the gym. These are currently my best sounding TWS.

If you want more rugged the Elite 8 would be more secure fitting and have a higher dust and water resistance rating. But I suspect their sound quality will a solid step behind the Elite 10.

The MTW3 are also a good option and actually have the best wind setting of all MTW I have tried, which if your a hard runner might be something you will need. The only challenge is they have just an IPX4 rating so only good for sweat. These offer very good sound quality and depending on your preferences might eclipse the Elite 10.

If your a Samsung user, the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro might work and have an IPX7 rating. But fit can be challenging to get a snug fit. The new FE model actually has a fin so might be a better Samsung option for security.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #57,682 of 63,225
Bang Olufsen EX are good - but for solid running Iā€™d look at something that goes over the ear - that way they donā€™t fall out ever.. I find that virally all needs some adjustment when I walk or run. So it depends on how much you run - if you need dedicated or can live with some adjustment to also have a pair for regular use
+1 - I have never had the EX to fall out - even while running - and the sound is excellent...

Oct 21, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #57,683 of 63,225
Hmmm. I did always say I'd probably want to try a ZE8000 second attempt

1697919912956.png

Oct 21, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #57,685 of 63,225
This just in. Whew. Who needs real TWS today? Canā€™t believe how good these sound. Okay, yes, I believe it.

Cranking this tune up and my face is melting:

Attachments

• IMG_7273.jpeg
    IMG_7273.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7274.jpeg
    IMG_7274.jpeg
    909.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 21, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #57,686 of 63,225
Oct 21, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #57,689 of 63,225
Um not a fair fight? Whatā€™s the cost of this little rig? $1500?
I know, I know. Can't say, someone could be watching. Sold off a few pairs. But damn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back