Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 16, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #47,239 of 62,483
Ah I should probably give my wallet a break. I decided to get an iFi xDSD Gryphon to see if it can drive these Euclids better. I have those puppies hooked up to my old HiBy R6 Pro running a pink noise burn in track. And this is totally random... I bought a handheld searchlight with a 2.4 km beam that's like 20 feet wide. Gotta love being a grown up and being able to buy toys I would've done anything to have as a kid

Aug 17, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #47,241 of 62,483
You terrible hype people made me look! All this talk about the Fokus Pro ... but I am confused, probably some weird copy writing on behalf of amazon JP .. now, do they have ANC or not? And what are those mystical unique Japanese specs I wonder?

Initially I thought the price is crazy as I see close to 60K Yen and my head still tells me that's like 600USD .. (but it is 'only' 450USD, plus there are some cheaper sellers / used and we get down to 350 USD) ... and that's what I paid for the XM4 when they came out, no? So, not super crazy

Cursor_and_Amazon_co_jp__Noble_Audio_FoKus_PRO_Fully_Wireless_Earbuds_-_Designed_to_Prioritize...jpg

Aug 17, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #47,242 of 62,483
Anyone tried the Noble Fokus H-ANC? How does it compare to the Fokus Pro?
I got to try a H-ANC demo unit (next to the Pros) very briefly - definitely more bloat (midbass? no idea) & severe lack of clarity - so I didn't like it very much

Perhaps its something that can be resolved with EQ? I've seen some nice comments about the H-ANCs, someone said it was 85% of the way to the Pros but in my (albeit very brief) experience I have to respectfully disagree

Also @Caipirina the FoKus Pros don't have ANC - that said their passive noise isolation is excellent. I came over from the MTW2s with Comply tips and I don't miss ANC at all. Not sure about the Japan unique spec though unfortunately!

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #47,243 of 62,483
Ok… my Noble Fokus Pros arrived today. After a very difficult (user error) time opening the box, a near impossible experience putting on the proper sized tips, and then another near impossible experience switching them again to Spin Fits, I’ll admit, I was losing faith.

But… once all set… they paired immediately. The sound was excellent!!! The app with the pre-programmed EQ was excellent. Fit and comfort were very good— with the Spin Fits. And so far there has been no connectivity issues. I was able to traverse the house without any drops.

One evening… one data point. But so far… Wow!!!

I made a couple of phone calls. I heard the folks on the other end very well. Almost landline-like. But while they could hear me clearly, it was obvious I was on a headset to them.

Did I mention the sound???? Not at all what I was expecting from TWs.

Anyway… just one night… but I am happy!
I’m glad you brought up phone calls. I think I may have bad microphone(s). Whenever I try to have a conversation on them I’m always having to repeat myself multiple times, then end up switching to handset or speaker because they just can’t understand me. And it’s not just a couple of calls here and there, it’s every single call I’m on. Good to know that while they may not be great, they should be better than what I’m getting out of them.

Aug 17, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #47,244 of 62,483
Aug 17, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #47,246 of 62,483
Just a quick run through and I was up to 3,300$ :D
Nuts! Not sure what Klipsch and UE are thinking with their new additions. One is waaaaay overpriced and the other reasonable but with geriatric specs.

Aug 17, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #47,247 of 62,483
I would love to know that too. I love the FoKus pro and I’ve even thought of getting some Noble IEMs now
I think @erockg had/has them and posted a couple weeks back. Possibly a few others.
I use them both. Pro sound exceptionally better. But the fit on the H-ANC is phenomenal imo. Don't get me wrong, sound isn't bad on the H-ANC. It's great. EQ customization is exactly like the Pro. Unless you're a Noble lover, and don't need transparency and ANC, I'd stick with the Pro. If you have a wild hair like many of us here, you won't hate the H-ANC and they're a nice pair to add to a collection.

Aug 17, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #47,248 of 62,483
I’m glad you brought up phone calls. I think I may have bad microphone(s). Whenever I try to have a conversation on them I’m always having to repeat myself multiple times, then end up switching to handset or speaker because they just can’t understand me. And it’s not just a couple of calls here and there, it’s every single call I’m on. Good to know that while they may not be great, they should be better than what I’m getting out of them.
Sorry you’re having that experience. Hopefully Noble will be able to help you figure it out.

Aug 17, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #47,250 of 62,483
Nuts! Not sure what Klipsch and UE are thinking with their new additions. One is waaaaay overpriced and the other reasonable but with geriatric specs.
Those Jabra Enhance Plus looking better vs. the Klipsch. Good news that they will be able to be straight purchased soon enough. The regulations are changing this fall so they should be "over the counter" and no doctor involved with the purchase of them. Still eight bills for the Jabra though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back