Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 21, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #45,571 of 62,810
Yes fit and sound are subjective. All of this hobby is. If someone likes their purchase it shouldn't matter what someone else thinks. Again, all of this is subjective. The fit would have been great, but I couldn't achieve a seal, which is critical.

But this game is only 400 max as opposed to my usual game which is now over 6K. Ridiculous.
100%. If my wife knew the costs, I'd be in the doghouse. This message will self destruct.

May 21, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #45,572 of 62,810
Supposedly a notch below the XM4 for SQ and ANC. More balanced though on the signature is what I read. Early and few impressions but how good is the ANC and how important is that? Might be worth the price so you get what you pay for. Of course they will drop the price like $30 pretty soon. My impression is a you'll like the size and fit more than the Senn but not the sound. if the ANC and auto adjusting ANC/ambient works for you I see a possible return and repurchase after a price drop or two and perhaps a good firmware update. :)
Totally agree. I'll report back soon after I get them. I did pick up the new over ears XM5 and I must say, I might be a minority, but I really like them better than the 4. Got them for a plane trip next week. Wore them about 5 hours yesterday. Not a TWS, so I'll stop here.

May 21, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #45,573 of 62,810
Sennheiser will also prob give plenty of software updates to the MTW3 for future refinements/features, whilst I doubt the EX will see much attention to new software features.
Probably true, yes. However, let's not forget that B&O added multipoint bluetooth to the EQ buds many months after their release. So you never know but Sennheiser will likely update the firmware many more times still (as they also should). The MTW3 are a fantastic pair of TWS but they still need some refinements and the addition of multipoint as well.

May 21, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #45,574 of 62,810
I'm still loving my MTW3, personally I think its a joke that you can't customize touch controls or having the music pause when enabling ambient mode on the EX. Especially since they cost much more than the MTW3.

I will be prob getting the IE600 + UTWS5 in the near future for when I want maximum portable sound quality anyways. As of now I mostly use the MTW3 when I actually want a great pair of TWS, which means stuff like fit, software features and ANC is very important.

Sennheiser will also prob give plenty of software updates to the MTW3 for future refinements/features, whilst I doubt the EX will see much attention to new software features.
Totally agree, not being able to customize touch controls is a joke. After being a Senn guy, I have had to play the tutorial a couple of times to learn the controls.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #45,575 of 62,810
Probably true, yes. However, let's not forget that B&O added multipoint bluetooth to the EQ buds many months after their release. So you never know but Sennheiser will likely update the firmware many more times still (as they also should). The MTW3 are a fantastic pair of TWS but they still need some refinements and the addition of multipoint as well.
Yeah hopefully they'll add multipoint soon, they will have another huge advantage with the connetion manager in the app too :)

May 21, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #45,576 of 62,810
I think it is important to realize that what may be a deal breaker feature for one is not another. We all have individual uses.

I like ANC but it isn't my first priority. I am more of a Sound Quality person.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #45,577 of 62,810
What's in my little "man bag" today, walking outside on a gorgeous California day.

3D4AFBCC-E4A3-41CA-971E-A46BE8A30299.jpeg
540C3373-A170-4F95-975E-D86534B357E9.jpeg

If I'm being completely honest, these $21 iems sound every bit as good as the eq'd Sony and the stock az60.

901227F1-CBF3-4E4A-B9F5-1D6A7A429AA6.jpeg
For me, those CRA were a total shocker for the money (I got mine on sale for $13). Are they perfect? No, but I would put them up against a lot of $200-$300 IEMs on most things.... They remind me of yesteryear; the Xioami Piston II, that were also hyped here on Head-Fi, and for good reason IMHO. I still have two sets of those... :)

How do they compare wirelessly to wired?

May 21, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #45,578 of 62,810
For me, those CRA were a total shocker for the money (I got mine on sale for $13). Are they perfect? No, but I would put them up against a lot of $200-$300 IEMs on most things.... They remind me of yesteryear; the Xioami Piston II, that were also hyped here on Head-Fi, and for good reason IMHO. I still have two sets of those... :)

How do they compare wirelessly to wired?
We’re all paying for tuning…

May 21, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #45,580 of 62,810
Yeah hopefully they'll add multipoint soon, they will have another huge advantage with the connetion manager in the app too :)

Very handy as I connected my new MTW3's to my PC+ aptX Adaptive dongle and then used the App on my phone to see what it was doing.

This is the first I can actually prove it is working as intended in aptX Adaptive mode as the RED LED could be anything they claim it is.

Screenshot_20220521-161107.png
Screenshot_20220521-160754.png

May 21, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #45,585 of 62,810
What's with the MTW3 Apps not showing both Independent Right and Left Earbuds battery levels and no Case battery level even though the user manual states it does?

Screenshot 2022-05-21 222016.png
Jep, don't know. I've even seen a picture of it on the Sennheiser website where the case battery level is to be seen. Would be nice to have these things if they mention then and even show them to us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back