Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 4, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #43,591 of 62,591
Is this really it...
1646419003583.png
1646419017287.png
With outstanding sound quality and Adaptive Noise Cancellation, the MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 are an excellent choice if you're looking for ultimate listening pleasure. The Sennheiser TrueResponse transducer system delivers superior high-fidelity sound using high-resolution wireless transmission. Adaptive Noise Cancellation guarantees an undisturbed listening experience and automatically adapts the ANC level if the ambient noise level changes. The advanced system uses three microphones to continually monitor ambient noise and automatically optimise noise cancellation. When you want to be aware of your surroundings or have a conversation, the Transparent Hearing feature makes the ambient noise audible at the touch of a button.

Impressive all round
Exceptional quality when answering and making calls or interacting with voice assistants is guaranteed by an advanced system that uses three microphones on each earbud. Either earbud can be used on its own, making the MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 simple and convenient to use. Improved ergonomics and a selection of ear adapters and fins ensure that these in-ear headphones are extremely comfortable to wear, all day long, while splash protection (IPX4) makes them very versatile. The design combines a sleek, futuristic look with the trademark delicate craftsmanship of the MOMENTUM series.
Details
  • Size (W x H x D): one size fits all
  • Material: plastic
  • Colour: black
Features
  • Sennheiser's signature sound thanks to the Sennheiser TrueResponse transducer system
  • Adaptive Noise Cancellation (ANC)
  • Splash-proof according to IPX4*
  • Customisable touch interface for intuitive operation
  • Supported profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
  • Sound pressure level: 107 dB
  • ANC: Hybrid Adaptive ANC
  • Bluetooth® 5.2, Class 1
  • Supported codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX™, aptX™ adaptive
  • Frequency range: 5-21 kHz
  • Wireless charging (case)
  • Qi wireless charging
  • Power supply: 5 V⎓, 1,000 mA max.
  • Built-in lithium-ion battery (charging time: up to 90 mins.)
  • Runtime up to 7 hrs. - up to 28 hrs. with wireless charging
Included in delivery
  • Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 in-ear headphones
  • Charging case
  • USB-C charging cable
  • Silicone ear adapter sets, sizes: XS, S, M, L
  • Silicon ear fin sets, sizes: S, M, L
*Protected against splashes from any direction in accordance with the IPX4 standard.

Fail on case size and same ip rating. Who's going to step up in 2022?

Mar 4, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #43,592 of 62,591
Well, I love the matte black looks if this genuine. Wireless Charging was a must anyway, as was Bluetooth 5.2.

The case, while looking nice, is pretty much as before. ANC adaptive is fine as long as it works better than on the B&O EQ. Battery life seems average these days but enough all in all. Aptx adaptive is nice.

Sound quality will define how good they will be. On paper (again if genuine) it looks like a logical successor without taking any major risks...

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #43,593 of 62,591
Fail on case size and same ip rating. Who's going to step up in 2022?
LOL, Is it 2022 with 7 hours battery and the case doesn't make 30 hours either. AptX Loseless or Snapdragon Sound? LE firmware upgradable?

Slipping in a last current tech model here is not very exciting.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #43,594 of 62,591
Is this really it...
1646419003583.png
1646419017287.png
With outstanding sound quality and Adaptive Noise Cancellation, the MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 are an excellent choice if you're looking for ultimate listening pleasure. The Sennheiser TrueResponse transducer system delivers superior high-fidelity sound using high-resolution wireless transmission. Adaptive Noise Cancellation guarantees an undisturbed listening experience and automatically adapts the ANC level if the ambient noise level changes. The advanced system uses three microphones to continually monitor ambient noise and automatically optimise noise cancellation. When you want to be aware of your surroundings or have a conversation, the Transparent Hearing feature makes the ambient noise audible at the touch of a button.

Impressive all round
Exceptional quality when answering and making calls or interacting with voice assistants is guaranteed by an advanced system that uses three microphones on each earbud. Either earbud can be used on its own, making the MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 simple and convenient to use. Improved ergonomics and a selection of ear adapters and fins ensure that these in-ear headphones are extremely comfortable to wear, all day long, while splash protection (IPX4) makes them very versatile. The design combines a sleek, futuristic look with the trademark delicate craftsmanship of the MOMENTUM series.
Details
Features
  • Sennheiser's signature sound thanks to the Sennheiser TrueResponse transducer system
  • Qi wireless charging
Included in delivery
  • Charging case
  • USB-C charging cable
*Protected against splashes from any direction in accordance with the IPX4 standard.
Looks good!

Wireless charging, aptx adaptive, better battery life. Doesn't say if the earbuds are smaller or not than mtw2 so I would be curious about that. I would be also curious if phone call quality has been improved, but that we won't know until the early reviews.

One thing I don't like is the plastic body - were mtw1 and mtw2 both plastic too?

Does anyone remember how much the mtw1 and mtw2 cost on release?

Mar 4, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #43,595 of 62,591
Is this really it...
1646419003583.png
1646419017287.png

Impressive all round
Details
Features
  • Qi wireless charging
Included in delivery
  • Charging case
  • USB-C charging cable
I'll definitely try them. Qi was a must. Don't care about aptX, I'm usually on an iPhone. They look smaller. Let's hope. Anything BT 5 and up I'm fine with. :fingers_crossed:

Mar 4, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #43,596 of 62,591
Looks good!

Wireless charging, aptx adaptive, better battery life. Doesn't say if the earbuds are smaller or not than mtw2 so I would be curious about that. I would be also curious if phone call quality has been improved, but that we won't know until the early reviews.

One thing I don't like is the plastic body - were mtw1 and mtw2 both plastic too?

Does anyone remember how much the mtw1 and mtw2 cost on release?
Also 299, I think.

Mar 4, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #43,597 of 62,591
Is this really it...
1646419003583.png
1646419017287.png

Impressive all round
Details
Features
  • Qi wireless charging
Included in delivery
  • Charging case
  • USB-C charging cable
Meh, still hasn't quite hit the mark for me. Basically looks like another CX Plus model and still no multi-point. :thumbsdown:

Mar 4, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #43,598 of 62,591
Keep in mind that there are 2 plus variants (you probably already know this). The Plus and the Plus LTD. The draw that I see is the lack of volume wheel for either.

But the Plus uses the ESS DAC, where the Plus LTD uses the AK DAC. The ESS Plus has 660mW @32Ω whereas the Plus LTD has 558mW @32Ω (both numbers are from balanced out).

Unless you are looking for purely sound quality, I won't even suggest the DX160 because it has terrible BT and WiFi connections. Sound-wise though, I don't know if you can get much better for the price category listed (that is totally subjective though). The mid-tiered DAPs are so close in sound quality these days, I would really look for all the features you are wanting (and future-proof). For example, if you are wanting Roon certified, you may need to jump over to A&K, otherwise you will be limited to 16/48 if you use Roon. Or, if you need more ouput power to double as a desktop solution, you will either need to upgrade your tier (money) or get something like the DX160 (6.2VRMS). Etc... etc...

From what I have read though, you really can't go wrong with Fiio, or Hiby, or iBasso IMHO.
Thanks man I appreciate the response alot. Ya I've researched quite a bit however still hesitant when so much money is involved. Thank you

Mar 4, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #43,599 of 62,591
LOL, Is it 2022 with 7 hours battery and the case doesn't make 30 hours either. AptX Loseless or Snapdragon Sound? LE firmware upgradable?

Slipping in a last current tech model here is not very exciting.
It appears that they are just trying to stay relevant (or at least status quo), until they can come out with something better?! The Linkbuds I can forgive for only having 5.5 hours per charge, but that is due to how small they really are... :) And, 17.5 more hours for a dinky case is still acceptable (for what it is) IMO. Though the Senns LOOK nice, I don't think they seem super special to me, unless they have amazing sound (which trumps all for me).

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #43,601 of 62,591
Meh, still hasn't quite hit the mark for me. Basically looks like another CX Plus model and still no multi-point. :thumbsdown:
Two plus years and you get a tweaked model. Still not excited. I guess they do have fins though. New shape, Qi, and fins. Indeed like an improved CX Plus model that they will cash in on with a nice price jump?? The Euro price is 249 probably translates to $229 US? About $50 more than the CX Plus seems about right.

Though the 2 is still listed on the Senn site at $299. Hope they don't do $299.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #43,602 of 62,591
I was looking at the m11 plus. I own the m11 original and it is still so good man. However I was thinking of upgrading to either the m11 plus or the Hiby R6 2020. Enjoy it man
Ya, it sounds amazing. I am experiencing a more rich and full midrange with the M11 Plus ESS vs my M7 although that bar isn't very high for comparison, I know. I was also considering the Hiby R6 and it was on sale for $250 less than the FiiO but ended up going with the FiiO instead for better internals and more updated software. The imaging and instrument separation is also more discernable and precise. Loving it with the UTWS5 and Dorados.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #43,603 of 62,591
Exchanged the AZ60 with almost no hassles. Hopefully this pair doesn't develop the same issue.

They had the WF-1000XM4on sale for $250CAD,with is $196us very tempting as I do wonder what they would be like....

But I didn't win the lottery, so nope I am not spending $250 to satisfy curiosity...

Mar 4, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #43,604 of 62,591
Is this really it...
1646419003583.png
1646419017287.png

Impressive all round
Details
Features
  • Qi wireless charging
Included in delivery
  • Charging case
  • USB-C charging cable
If this is right then I am probably in. I really liked my original MTWs and this seems to tick most of the boxes with respect to what I was waiting for (really what I wanted to see when the MTW2 was released).

Open items are size, call quality and price for me.

Mar 4, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #43,605 of 62,591
Unless it sounds drastically better than my AZ06 Im not that interested of the MTW3...I thought it would be something more exciting after waiting 2 years for a new iteration.

Nothing about support for the upcoming LE audio either, and the same old big chunky case with that damn cloth finish :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back