Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 10, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #40,111 of 62,403
Sitting here judging these new Noble Fokus Pro. First impressions. WOW. I mean, these things fit perfect, like molded IEMs in my ears. SOOOO much better than the Falcon Pro. Case is made of metal and plastic. Sound... yeah, exactly what I expected. Soundstage is wide, full. Instrument separation is there. Out of the box they sound great, but I do love to slap on a little EQ. Bring up the low end a bit so my head can rattle. I'm a Harman curve guy. Still messing around. Touch panels work great. No honeymoon yet, just a lot of thinking and analyzing. These buds have no frills. Just play, pause, skip and vol control. No wireless charging, no auto pause. You're paying for the tri-drivers et al. Not really sure what else to comment about yet until I keep playing.

The Wizards magic is blowing my mind, hypnotized for the moment listening to this:

I hope his magic doesn't wear off.
Definitely the best sounding tws I’ve heard. What tips are you using?

Dec 10, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #40,112 of 62,403
So no differences in sound at all? Do these have in ear detection?
Upon further listening, there's a slight difference. The T2 pro has a slightly more neutral sound, it has lesser sub bass and less hot treble than the T1 pro. These do not have in ear detection unlike the T1 pro.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #40,113 of 62,403
On my phone 990 skips and has issues no matter the headphone and whether I have the screen turned off. Its better off but still skips to much to listen to music.

But actually using 660bps is better than the default adaptive rate.

So again thanks @Canabuc for helping me finally get to use LDAC at a higher rate. :)

Dec 10, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #40,114 of 62,403
Definitely the best sounding tws I’ve heard. What tips are you using?
You know, out of the box, I'm using what was on them. So far so good. Did you prefer something else? I swear I used them for hours. Love the fit.

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #40,115 of 62,403
HOLY CR@P!!!! I don't think I have EVER EVER EVER actually used LDAC fully, no damn wonder I have been unimpressed!

OK, using your instructions I tried 990 and it was a stuttering unusable mess. Will try with my 2 full size LDAC headphones later.

I then switched to 660 and that worked and DEFINITELY sounded better than the default LDAC settings. I used an Ultra HD Enya tune from Amazon. I then switched to one of my Patricia Barber Smash FLAC files and when I looked at the file details saw it was 24bit 96hz so set LDAC to those values and it sounded way more detailed. Tried it at 990 and same stuttering mess, so think 990 is just to high for TWS which does not surprise me at all.

I almost guarantee you most reviews of products have not been properly tested because of the way LDAC is implemented and the reviewer simply not knowing all this techy BS.

I am personally happy to know it now though. It will interesting to see if this impacts battery life even more though.
I have the Samsung galaxy note 10+ and I have been switching in dev options for quite some time to 990 and I haven't had any real stuttering... Hmm. Maybe once or twice here and there but for the most part it plays just fine. I used it on AZ60 as well as every other ldac set. I play flac primarily from my phone library. Does this happen when streaming mostly? Sorry if the answer is in a post further back

Dec 11, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #40,116 of 62,403
Yeah, but oddly the Grell website says ships in two weeks. Drop says ready to ship. Weird.

Interesting, they use SoundID to EQ for their app. Not something proprietary. Also, looks like the Drop version has wingtips. I kinda like the Grell only version better without the extra branding.
Still waiting for my Grell when I ordered the same day they announced, basically have given up on receiving them

Dec 11, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #40,117 of 62,403
Yeah, but oddly the Grell website says ships in two weeks. Drop says ready to ship. Weird.

Interesting, they use SoundID to EQ for their app. Not something proprietary. Also, looks like the Drop version has wingtips. I kinda like the Grell only version better without the extra branding.
I didn’t realize they were ready to ship from Drop when I ordered from there. I always just assumed I’d be waiting a month for them :p

Dec 11, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #40,118 of 62,403
I have the Samsung galaxy note 10+ and I have been switching in dev options for quite some time to 990 and I haven't had any real stuttering... Hmm. Maybe once or twice here and there but for the most part it plays just fine. I used it on AZ60 as well as every other ldac set. I play flac primarily from my phone library. Does this happen when streaming mostly? Sorry if the answer is in a post further back
Streaming or using local FLAC files, actually any local file causes the stuttering if 990 is set. It happens alot with the screen on and less than half as often with it off.

Dec 11, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #40,119 of 62,403
On my phone 990 skips and has issues no matter the headphone and whether I have the screen turned off. Its better off but still skips to much to listen to music.

But actually using 660bps is better than the default adaptive rate.

So again thanks @Canabuc for helping me finally get to use LDAC at a higher rate. :)
Another thing I noticed helped was turning off location services now it almost doesn't stutter even with screen on and not at all with screen off.
I read though that the range is shorter at that quality so maybe also try to keep phone a bit closer.

Dec 11, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #40,120 of 62,403
Switching to 990 alone doesn't do anything. You need to toggle another seeing with it for example switch the bit rate to a different number like 24 and back. Without doing that it shows 990 but it still is set at best effort so you aren't getting the best quality. But be prepared for stutters of you have screen on and location on.
These are Android bugs afaik.

Dec 11, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #40,121 of 62,403
The hose device's CPU needs to be up to the task since it's effectively converting FLAC to LDAC and that seems to be a pretty resource-intensive task as bandwidth goes up. My OnePlus 8T can handle 990, even if I just leave things in default modes. The Pixel can't. It stutters like mad.

My conclusion? Sounds like it's not the TWS here. Kinda sad that it's not really disclosed to the customer, but would be really useful information. The price we pay for being on the bleeding edge...

Dec 11, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #40,122 of 62,403
The hose device's CPU needs to be up to the task since it's effectively converting FLAC to LDAC and that seems to be a pretty resource-intensive task as bandwidth goes up. My OnePlus 8T can handle 990, even if I just leave things in default modes. The Pixel can't. It stutters like mad.

My conclusion? Sounds like it's not the TWS here. Kinda sad that it's not really disclosed to the customer, but would be really useful information. The price we pay for being on the bleeding edge...
It could also be an Android thing. One plus had custom version. My phone drive disabling location while listening is near stutter free even using screen while listening. Maybe 1 skip per song and none screen off.
Some phones it is the radio chips and how interference affects signal transmission be it wifi GPS etc.

Dec 11, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #40,123 of 62,403
Thanks for this review, Ever since I got the Ear Fun Free Pro 2 buds, i've been wanting to get my hands on theses.
because they are so pocketable AND sound great, I grab them more often when I go out than anything else ...
I am not 100% sure, but i THINK it remembers the app settings (like bass boost EQ) when I switch then from Android to iOS device .. but not 100% sure ,,,

Dec 11, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #40,125 of 62,403
It could also be an Android thing. One plus had custom version. My phone drive disabling location while listening is near stutter free even using screen while listening. Maybe 1 skip per song and none screen off.
Some phones it is the radio chips and how interference affects signal transmission be it wifi GPS etc.
We can agree to disagree, but I spent the better part of a few years looking into this. All the things you mentioned are CPU loads; it's your CPU that can't handle the task.

The Pixel 3a can't either, so this isn't a bragging point. Some devices will have no problem with transcoding 990, some physically will be unable to do it. If you're at the point where you're trying to disable a bunch of smartphone features to make 990 work, I think you're applying the wrong solution. Either stick with 660/Adaptive or upgrade the host device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back