Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 9, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #40,036 of 62,417
Aaaaaand once again, answering my own questions regarding the T2. There is indeed a new version of the English app, v3.40 a link can be found in the description of a review video on YT. By some Oscar :wink:. Took me a while to install, I am hapless in Android.
And indeed, there is a wind mode in ANC (or MAF as they call it), but it is not in the standard button cycle, hence I never got it activated while running.
There’s also EQ with presets. Nice! Really liking those buds now even more. Just hope there comes an iOS app some day.
DDC6259E-C0F4-4042-9C95-61835C0A1EBB.jpeg

And as suspected, buttons / presses can be modified as wanted. The advanced mode adds ie volume control (single / triple taps), I keep that off for now as I really enjoyed that slight fit adjustments did not trigger anything :wink:
Other stuff:
AAAA0716-AFD2-4B67-9175-9003FB7B0C0C.jpeg
Thanks for this review, Ever since I got the Ear Fun Free Pro 2 buds, i've been wanting to get my hands on theses.

Dec 9, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #40,037 of 62,417
Oh nice. I truly love my TW2. Slap an upgraded Shure IEM on them and you'll be in heaven. Yesterday, I went down an rabbit hole in search of the new Fostex TM2C and am sitting with my finger on the purchase button. Anyone know a number of a good therapist?
You are the best therapist for yourself! When you feel the urge to purchase, it's all about taking a few deep breaths, relaxing and controlling yourself!

Dec 9, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #40,039 of 62,417
You are the best therapist for yourself! When you feel the urge to purchase, it's all about taking a few deep breaths, relaxing and controlling yourself!
Is this my wife? Great, she's hacked the system Guys! Abort! Abort! :beyersmile:

Dec 9, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #40,042 of 62,417
Oh nice. I truly love my TW2. Slap an upgraded Shure IEM on them and you'll be in heaven. Yesterday, I went down an rabbit hole in search of the new Fostex TM2C and am sitting with my finger on the purchase button. Anyone know a number of a good therapist?
I’m probably gonna take the 215 for a spin and see if I like them enough when out and about but hoping I can use the connector with the UE900 assuming they fit. I’m not ready to cough up the money for the SE846 just yet, but if that day comes I think it will be the end game for my TWS journey as life situation and an upcoming move won’t allow me to play that game no more lol

Dec 9, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #40,043 of 62,417
42mw@16ohm. The FiiO has 54mw@16ohm. Though the FiiO though is not on the cheaper side being $50 more.

TRN still kept that silly zip case though. TWS with a zip case really! :)

KZ AZ09 Pro is the best design and the cheapest but doesn't do MMCX. Best arm for fit and comfort and the smallest modules and 4.5 grams weight.

FiiO @ $130 with no ear phones and no features. At least the TRN can change connectors.

We really need more models since that competition is what will drive them to give us more of the features we want at a fair price.
The utws5 will be 130.00? I did not see that. Thanks man. I bought both versions of the Utws3 so I could use both mmcx and 2 pin connectors with it. I did buy these very small adapters to connect on the mmcx version but found that not many iems could fit in the case that way... So... Naturally I'll buy both... Good Lord. Anyways, there is a segment of Audio crazy people like us that would welcome more options out there. I like the Fiio's for the tonality, driving power, case and app but anymore these other brands are catching up. I tried the ibasso cf01 as well and they didn't do it for me. Still have yet to try the Fostex as well as the Shure units.

Dec 9, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #40,044 of 62,417
I’m probably gonna take the 215 for a spin and see if I like them enough when out and about but hoping I can use the connector with the UE900 assuming they fit. I’m not ready to cough up the money for the SE846 just yet, but if that day comes I think it will be the end game for my TWS journey as life situation and an upcoming move won’t allow me to play that game no more lol
Oh that's right, you have those UE. Very cool.

Dec 9, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #40,046 of 62,417
Dec 9, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #40,048 of 62,417
Dec 9, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #40,050 of 62,417
Hmm. I wonder how easily they pair across multiple devices. Does anyone have any experience with Drop's return policy?
I did have any issues with one item bought about a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back