Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 15, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #38,461 of 61,358
Been listening with liberty 3 pro and it sounds pretty darn good. HearID is kinda useless tbh because it just make the treble too bright and the soundcore default EQ setting is already bright enough. Luckily, the custom EQ is quite good and very responsive too. Connection has been solid.
Here is my custom EQ
Screenshot_20211015-005605_Soundcore.jpg

Oct 15, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #38,465 of 61,358
Been listening with liberty 3 pro and it sounds pretty darn good. HearID is kinda useless tbh because it just make the treble too bright and the soundcore default EQ setting is already bright enough. Luckily, the custom EQ is quite good and very responsive too. Connection has been solid.
Here is my custom EQ
Every single review I've read has said that the HearID tuning has made it too bright for them.
What are you pairing them with? And what files are you mainly listening to?

Oct 15, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #38,466 of 61,358
Little off topic though! I remember someone mentioned having Beoplay H95! I do not have one but I do have a Beoplay Portal.
Can any of you comment on the connectivity with Jabra Link 380 and Beoplay? I am trying to make the connection and the Jabra never detects Beoplay but it defects every other TWS I have :unamused:

Oct 15, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #38,467 of 61,358
Hope I didn't ruin them for you :)
But you don't hear the driver flex like noise when chewing? Have you tried running/jumping?
Ha, yeah, started to hear it a lot more; and yes it would drive me crazy if I heard that all the time. I tend to jam them in so the bud part really makes way into my ear canal so they don’t move around while walking. That and using low for both transparency and anc has kept the popping at bey. But I totally understand your experience now. Don’t get from chewing and I don’t work out with them, but when walking if they come loose I’ll hear some pops, no crinkle unless on high and pushing on them. No noise when just shaking my head. That said, I can get small pop when tapping on them for controls. Still sound amazing to me much more than not.

Edit: Yes, jumping can give me pops

Oct 15, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #38,468 of 61,358
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #38,469 of 61,358
Here is my custom EQ
I don't have mine yet (they're in the mail), but I've always found HearID to not give me a sound I like. It's good that it's there for people to try, but it's been fairly worthless for me.

The custom EQ is great, I hope my current settings carry over from the L2P.

Oct 15, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #38,470 of 61,358
Got the Jabra Elite 7 Active today.

The case feels cheap, it's plastic, like hard plastic on the outside, not the same grippy material the 75t Actives have.

The buds feel larger in my ears than the 75t Active's as well, they may be smaller but somehow feel bigger.

The sound although actually pleasantly tuned, especially on "smooth" EQ, sounds quite thin and distant. There's not enough impact. I preferred the 75t Active's with a touch of EQ.

The ANC I didn't even bother trying and the Hearthrough is actually quite good. Not that effective when volume is up a bit.

Being able to use either bud in ear didn't do much for me as the controls stay the same when one is removed. Meaning if I kept the left in I don't have playback control.

For me I'd rather save £50 and get the Elite 75t Active's instead.

A big fail imo! Expected more.

Oct 15, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #38,471 of 61,358
Not sure if something new is on the horizon, but $199 is a steal for the Bose Quietcomfort ANC buds. I'm taking a second spin here because I read they added an EQ to the app. Edit: Maybe I'm wrong about the EQ. We'll see...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C4KWM9T?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1
You are correct, there are a bunch of new additions now with new app (maybe also FW?)
Modes: you can create different modes, right now I only have quiet and aware .. and I can circle through those, that's an improvement over before where you had fixed 3 placeholders for ANC intensity.
EQ: It's basic, but works, 4 presents, which then can be customized
Source: I like this one, it remembers the last (9?) connected devices by name and you can use the button in the case to cycle through and it automatically connects to that one .. no 'unpair' or 'forget device' on source first.

These have become my main buds ... I was missing a bit of 'uuumphh', but now with EQ I can add that easily.

Screenshot_10_15_21__11_21_PM.jpg

Oct 15, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #38,472 of 61,358
Liberty 3 Pro was just delivered. Looks like very nice packaging, tips, and wings. I'm letting it charge right now. I did note that the case is a bit slick. I'm thinking of trying to transfer the cellophane "Open" tab that came on the case of the LP 2 Pro to this case. If it doesn't work I may rig up something similar.

Oct 15, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #38,473 of 61,358
Every single review I've read has said that the HearID tuning has made it too bright for them.
What are you pairing them with? And what files are you mainly listening to?
My pc and Samsung S21ultra. And I listen to mp3 and youtube mostly.

Oct 15, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #38,474 of 61,358
The Technics don’t have wireless charging right? Couldn’t really tell, but doesn’t seam to mention.
They don't. That's what makes me wait on them.

Oct 15, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #38,475 of 61,358
I don't have mine yet (they're in the mail), but I've always found HearID to not give me a sound I like. It's good that it's there for people to try, but it's been fairly worthless for me.

The custom EQ is great, I hope my current settings carry over from the L2P.
Yeah, it is just a gimmick for sound (HearID), but for the ANC, it is quite useful actually.
I don't have L2P so I don't know how it sounds, but the L3P is pretty mainstream sounding tuning wise. The drivers are capable and has potential to sound great imho. The custom EQ is a huge win for me. Also, I like a little bit more bass on my TWS because outside noise and wind noise tend to "reduce" the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back