Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 14, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #38,431 of 62,252
You buy TWS that only has graphs?
Soundcore or Amazon's return policy is hassle free so not sure what you meant.
I don't even know how you judge sound quality and signature off a graph lol. It's better to try firsthand and compare directly.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #38,432 of 62,252
You buy TWS that only has graphs?
I have been burned enough to the point where I dont care about a product (TWS AND wired) that doesnt have graphs.
A graph is very helpful to get a read on the tonality. If I saw that graph of the FIIL T1 Lite before I bought it, I wouldnt have wasted my money on it....

Soundcore or Amazon's return policy is hassle free so not sure what you meant.
Still very annoying to have to return it if I dont like it.

Oct 14, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #38,433 of 62,252
I have been burned enough to the point where I dont care about a product (TWS AND wired) that doesnt have graphs.
A graph is very helpful to get a read on the tonality. If I saw that graph of the FIIL T1 Lite before I bought it, I wouldnt have wasted my money on it....

Trying it for 30 days and able to return it if you don't like it will be better than reading any graph, watching youtube reviews or reading Head-fi tho. I don't know how hard it is in Sweden to return Amazon product, but in the USA, I can go to Whole Foods, UPS and kohls to return my purchase. Some place doesn't even required the item to be boxed, just return the item as is.

Oct 14, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #38,434 of 62,252

A graph will tell you if it's v-shaped or neutral or bass-heavy, but you can't judge overall sound quality off that alone. You can also equalize the frequency on most TWS, as long as they have an app to tweak the hardware frequency (Android has 'wavelet' too for tweaking the frequencies on the software end).

Oct 14, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #38,435 of 62,252

Personally I think graphs obviously give you a general idea but better to have a hands-on experience with the product to decide if it’s right for you but to each their own.

Oct 14, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #38,436 of 62,252
I caved... Shoppers Drug Mart still had 1 pair of CX400BT for $80 so I grabbed em...

They remind me alot of my MTW but I did like that TWS they just died because of the case. So these for the price I paid is pretty good in my opinion. Just updating the firmware.

Does this model have hear through? They said said they do when I went into the app but a double click on my right bud is causing it to skip forward instead of enabling hear through, could it be remembers a setting I had on the old MTW?

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #38,437 of 62,252
So what do the Canadians in here recommend for up to around $200, I am looking at Technics EAH-AZ70W-K, or CX plus. My needs are really ANC and a good connection, sound wise its mostly for transit and work so I wont be doing to much active listening.

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #38,438 of 62,252
I caved... Shoppers Drug Mart still had 1 pair of CX400BT for $80 so I grabbed em...

They remind me alot of my MTW but I did like that TWS they just died because of the case. So these for the price I paid is pretty good in my opinion. Just updating the firmware.

Does this model have hear through? They said said they do when I went into the app but a double click on my right bud is causing it to skip forward instead of enabling hear through, could it be remembers a setting I had on the old MTW?
Congrats! I'm really enjoying them but they don't have hear through unless this was added in recent FW update but I doubt that the case because the mic is in the right bud only.
Also I find them to sound best with a bit of eq tweak for the mids and treble and with different tips. :)

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #38,439 of 62,252
So what do the Canadians in here recommend for up to around $200, I am looking at Technics EAH-AZ70W-K, or CX plus. My needs are really ANC and a good connection, sound wise its mostly for transit and work so I wont be doing to much active listening.
Good options you mentioned overall and to add to this, the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro from Amazon at $180 CAD looks really nice and their app is one of the best for EQ and other features.
EDIT: Bose QuietComfort buds are on sale for $250 CAD which is above your budget a bit but the ANC is king.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #38,440 of 62,252
The CX Plus is cheaper normally but the AZ70 can be bought for just about the same price when on sale which happens quite often.

The AZ70 will be brighter sounding with good sub bass but no mid bass hump. Its a leaner sound signature with good detail. Its ANC is very good but not Sony good.

The CX Plus will have a bit harder hitting bass from what I have read and comparing it to the CX400BT I have which is warmer sounding than the AZ70 with a bit more mid bass hump.

It really boils down to signature preference as they both fit well at least to my ears. If your ears are a bit small the AZ70 is bigger in size by a bit so the CX will fit better.

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #38,441 of 62,252
Congrats! I'm really enjoying them but they don't have hear through unless this was added in recent FW update but I doubt that the case because the mic is in the right bud only.
Also I find them to sound best with a bit of eq tweak for the mids and treble and with different tips. :)
I was wondering about the hear through feature. I suspect it just gave me a canned walk through. Man the update is slowwwwwww lol

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #38,442 of 62,252
The CX Plus is cheaper normally but the AZ70 can be bought for just about the same price when on sale which happens quite often.

The AZ70 will be brighter sounding with good sub bass but no mid bass hump. Its a leaner sound signature with good detail. Its ANC is very good but not Sony good.

The CX Plus will have a bit harder hitting bass from what I have read and comparing it to the CX400BT I have which is warmer sounding than the AZ70 with a bit more mid bass hump.

It really boils down to signature preference as they both fit well at least to my ears. If your ears are a bit small the AZ70 is bigger in size by a bit so the CX will fit better.

Just to add to this. From what I read the CX Plus has more bass than the CX 400BT as the latter is more balanced and open sounding while the CX Plus hits harder.

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #38,444 of 62,252

... and fit. The CX Plus fit me waaaaay better than the AZ70s did. Looking forward to trying the AZ60s for sure. They look smaller and might fit me better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back