Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #35,506 of 62,422
DD552823-F825-4E3A-BC85-A6F530D604BC.jpeg

Feeling a bit dirty using a Monster product but these aren’t half bad for the price when on sale. Obviously big bass but not boomy at all, nice mids, and laid back highs with large soundstage.
Ambient noise is superb, ANC hasn’t been tested.
Makes me happy when even the consumer guys are starting to rethink bass response and come out with stuff like this. Good job, Monster.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #35,507 of 62,422
Makes me happy when even the consumer guys are starting to rethink bass response and come out with stuff like this. Good job, Monster.
Agreed. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised.
Bought them just out of curiosity. No app which sucks but there is a Monster app to equalize your playlist library on iOS devices. They are just fun to listen to really and have more than average clarity. Jazz and live music sound really good with them.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #35,508 of 62,422
Agreed. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised.
Bought them just out of curiosity. No app which sucks but there is a Monster app to equalize your playlist library on iOS devices. They are just fun to listen to really and have more than average clarity. Jazz and live music sound really good with them.
Awesome, man. Glad you like them.

Stumbled across this today; not sure if it flew under the radar, but could be an alternative to the UTWS3, speaking purely in terms of price.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNqIH2F

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #35,509 of 62,422
Awesome, man. Glad you like them.

Stumbled across this today; not sure if it flew under the radar, but could be an alternative to the UTWS3, speaking purely in terms of price.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNqIH2F
Interesting!
I’m still a heavy user of wired earphones at home but always wireless outdoors.
probably will end up with the Melomania Touch or 1+ or the ADV M5 based on your recommendation 😉

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #35,510 of 62,422
Interesting!
I’m still a heavy user of wired earphones at home but always wireless outdoors.
probably will end up with the Melomania Touch or 1+ or the ADV M5 based on your recommendation 😉
I can help you narrow it down from there if you're interested. I'm similar to you, though I have really been digging that Qudelix 5K. Just enough power to get my earbuds to wake up a little bit, I can fish the cable under my shirt and clip the 5K to my waist, and I get headphone-like sound without losing my situational awareness. It's been a tough thing to switch away from, but I did really enjoy some Wheel on the Falcon Pros while working on the back patio this weekend.

Man, those NFPs isolate. At one point, the wife came outside and had to tap on my shoulder to get my attention. Screaming at the top of her lungs wasn't loud enough...

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #35,511 of 62,422
Hi, first time poster here. First off, I'd like to say thanks for the incredible amount of information everyone has provided in this thread. Your shared experience, time and effort are much appreciated.

I bought my first pair of TWS earbuds last month, the Lypertek Z7s. Initially I had some trouble getting a good seal, because the stock silicon tips are really flimsy and the memory foam didn't work for me. It seems like the buds stick out of my ears a lot and the tips are the only thing securing them in place.

The store I bought them from sent me some Final tips (not sure of the specific model), which seemed to help a lot. They seemed to be more robust and the LL size held things in place much better, although I still have to readjust them periodically.

The sound quality in these things are just incredible! After a little EQing, I was hearing new details in songs that I had been listening to for decades. The triple driver setup really disperses the various frequencies nicely. It was a love at first sound!

Unfortunately, the honeymoon ended and things went south pretty quickly... The left bass driver quit working and the right nozzle snapped off when changing tips. The store I bought them from has offered to replace them or have me try something else.

Back to the drawing board... I was really happy with the Z7s, but the fit was somewhat of an ongoing struggle. Should I get the Z7s again and continuing my search for the best fitting aftermarket tips? Or maybe a different brand/form factor would work better? I noticed a lot of people raving about the Melomania Touch... Can they compete with the sound of the Z7's triple drivers?

My primary concern is sound quality, I'm using Spotify on an iPhone X, so they would have to have a good AAC implementation (and EQ). I like lively bass, but not overblown, mid-crowding bass. Battery life is second priority. ANC and call quality are not a concern at all.

After pouring over hundreds of posts in this thread, I've compiled a short list of possible solutions as to what to try next. Can I please get some recommendations from you pros? Which earbuds/tips would you recommend for best SQ and fit?

Earbuds
Lypertek Pureplay Z7
Melomania Touch
Nuarl N6 Pro2
UE FITS
Technics AZ70W

Tips
Azla Sedna Earfit Crystal (TWS version)
Azla Xelastec
Final TWS
EPro TW00

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #35,512 of 62,422
Hi, first time poster here. First off, I'd like to say thanks for the incredible amount of information everyone has provided in this thread. Your shared experience, time and effort are much appreciated.

I bought my first pair of TWS earbuds last month, the Lypertek Z7s. Initially I had some trouble getting a good seal, because the stock silicon tips are really flimsy and the memory foam didn't work for me. It seems like the buds stick out of my ears a lot and the tips are the only thing securing them in place.

The store I bought them from sent me some Final tips (not sure of the specific model), which seemed to help a lot. They seemed to be more robust and the LL size held things in place much better, although I still have to readjust them periodically.

The sound quality in these things are just incredible! After a little EQing, I was hearing new details in songs that I had been listening to for decades. The triple driver setup really disperses the various frequencies nicely. It was a love at first sound!

Unfortunately, the honeymoon ended and things went south pretty quickly... The left bass driver quit working and the right nozzle snapped off when changing tips. The store I bought them from has offered to replace them or have me try something else.

Back to the drawing board... I was really happy with the Z7s, but the fit was somewhat of an ongoing struggle. Should I get the Z7s again and continuing my search for the best fitting aftermarket tips? Or maybe a different brand/form factor would work better? I noticed a lot of people raving about the Melomania Touch... Can they compete with the sound of the Z7's triple drivers?

My primary concern is sound quality, I'm using Spotify on an iPhone X, so they would have to have a good AAC implementation (and EQ). I like lively bass, but not overblown, mid-crowding bass. Battery life is second priority. ANC and call quality are not a concern at all.

After pouring over hundreds of posts in this thread, I've compiled a short list of possible solutions as to what to try next. Can I please get some recommendations from you pros? Which earbuds/tips would you recommend for best SQ and fit?

Earbuds
Lypertek Pureplay Z7
Melomania Touch
Devialet Gemini
Nuarl N6 Pro2
UE FITS
Technics AZ70W

Tips
Azla Sedna Earfit Crystal (TWS version)
Azla Xelastec
Final TWS
EPro TW00

Thanks!
I may be able to help you eliminate a couple options (based on my experience anyways).

I can speak towards the MT and AZ70 from personal experience. AZ70 I had fitting/comfort issues with, and folks have complained about battery leak issues. I would definitely recommend MT over the AZ70. AZ70 has better build and case, but MT is better for what you are looking for (great sound quality, spectacular battery life, good fitting), but the stock tips are a bit slippery. I am on the verge of ordering the epro tips, but after I get my replacement MT. Xelastec are very good, but people have had size problems with it & apparently it's very sticky in the ear (quite a few have said it picks up earwax so I am avoiding them).

Anyways, Gemini are the best of the lot, but by far the most expensive. If you have the budget for them, I think they outclass the rest. If you want to keep the cost down then I would highly recommend the MT.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #35,513 of 62,422
The Melomania Touch's are bringing my ears so much enjoyment. I've had a thing for true wireless buds since shortly after the original Samsung Galaxy Buds came out. For me it's so freeing having sound like this in your ears and not being attached to anything with wires, even just for use in my living room at home. I'm excited for the future of Bluetooth and true wireless once things progress even further into higher quality codecs and better battery life and all that. LDAC is taking things in the right direction. Maybe my ears aren't as golden as some, but even these MT's with just aptx sounds pretty good to me.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #35,514 of 62,422
After trying some 10+ TWS (and after some serious usability issues with the Falcon Pro, Moondrop Sparks, and Melomania Touch—though they all sound great), I decided to go with the Nuarl N10 Plus. I haven't seen a whole lot of discussion about them on here, but I'm very impressed by the detail and soundstage, especially for just over $150. ANC is not too shabby, though nowhere near the level of AirPods Pro or the WF-1000xm4; transparency mode is a bit quieter than I'd prefer but still works well. Multi-point is smooth and convenient. Very comfortable to wear for long periods and I get a great seal using the AZLA SednaEarFit tips and the silicone grip/cover that Nuarl provided (the wing tips hurt my ears after like 30 minutes). The main feature I'd prefer is a better in-app EQ because the N10 Connect app only provides two presets: Default and Clarity.

Jul 26, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #35,515 of 62,422
Some interesting figures for you guys

In 2020 the tws market grew 78% year on year, over 233 million units shipped compared to 120 million the year before. In 2021 we’re on track for over 300 million units (and about half of them are us head fiers probably abusing amazon return policy)

Apple absolutely dominated the market, with 31% share (for reference Samsung had 7%) Sony I’m not sure, hard to find the data on. Surely second, but certainly not anywhere near Apple.

This got me thinking, the market is exploding and is expected to continue to do so as tws reaches users iems didnt; and Apple aren’t foolish. I expect they’re putting some big money on the table given this product has paid dividends. Wonder if it’ll bear fruit from the airpods tree. Wireless Andromeda equivalent with ANC, auto pairing and $250 plz.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #35,516 of 62,422
I may be able to help you eliminate a couple options (based on my experience anyways).

I can speak towards the MT and AZ70 from personal experience. AZ70 I had fitting/comfort issues with, and folks have complained about battery leak issues. I would definitely recommend MT over the AZ70. AZ70 has better build and case, but MT is better for what you are looking for (great sound quality, spectacular battery life, good fitting), but the stock tips are a bit slippery. I am on the verge of ordering the epro tips, but after I get my replacement MT. Xelastec are very good, but people have had size problems with it & apparently it's very sticky in the ear (quite a few have said it picks up earwax so I am avoiding them).

Anyways, Gemini are the best of the lot, but by far the most expensive. If you have the budget for them, I think they outclass the rest. If you want to keep the cost down then I would highly recommend the MT.
Thanks for the info! The MT was second on my list because so many people on the thread recommend them for SQ and they look like the outer ear would offer some support for the buds, not just the ear canal.

Since you mentioned the Gemini were the most expensive, I double checked the price and realized they are out of my price range so I removed them from my list. Thanks for the reality check!

So far it looks like it's either going to be the Z7s or the MT. I heard that Xelastec tips deform over time, but the Crystals, not so much. But I'm desperate to get a good seal so if someone suggested drywall anchors I'd give it a shot. Let me know which tips you settle on.

Jul 26, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #35,517 of 62,422
I don't really totally agree with your point. Maybe the way that Flossy reacts to the voice let us think that he is basshead. However, just look at his TW ranking.
1. Pi7
2. MTW 2
3. MW08
4. XM4
5. AZ70
In this list, just Pi7 and XM4 have rich and thick bass. In addition, he appreciates AZ70 so much, I got AZ70 and i can tell you that this pair absolutely are't made for basshead.
I've been testing PI7, XM4 and AZ70 and these three are have the best bass among those I owned. It's not a matter of tuning. It's clear when you try to eq them.

Jul 26, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #35,518 of 62,422
Thanks for the info! The MT was second on my list because so many people on the thread recommend them for SQ and they look like the outer ear would offer some support for the buds, not just the ear canal.

Since you mentioned the Gemini were the most expensive, I double checked the price and realized they are out of my price range so I removed them from my list. Thanks for the reality check!

So far it looks like it's either going to be the Z7s or the MT. I heard that Xelastec tips deform over time, but the Crystals, not so much. But I'm desperate to get a good seal so if someone suggested drywall anchors I'd give it a shot. Let me know which tips you settle on.
Studs are more secure, anyway. The Crystal should help. If not those, then the TW00. It's kind of a one-two solution for me regarding fit at this point. A few sets prefer the kind of shroud that's on the ADV M5, but I can usually get a fit with most sets using the two I mentioned.

My recommendation is really going to come down to what you think is more important. The MT will more likely have a sound signature you can immediately appreciate. The FITS and Technics both take sitting time; FITS for their neutrality, Technics for the treble emphasis. Get last that and feed them the right content, though, and both will definitely impress. Pass on the Technics if you plan to do any sort of physical activity with them. You won't want to drop one of these buds.

Jul 26, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #35,519 of 62,422
Some interesting figures for you guys

In 2020 the tws market grew 78% year on year, over 233 million units shipped compared to 120 million the year before. In 2021 we’re on track for over 300 million units (and about half of them are us head fiers probably abusing amazon return policy)

Apple absolutely dominated the market, with 31% share (for reference Samsung had 7%) Sony I’m not sure, hard to find the data on. Surely second, but certainly not anywhere near Apple.

This got me thinking, the market is exploding and is expected to continue to do so as tws reaches users iems didnt; and Apple aren’t foolish. I expect they’re putting some big money on the table given this product has paid dividends. Wonder if it’ll bear fruit from the airpods tree. Wireless Andromeda equivalent with ANC, auto pairing and $250 plz.
With a low budget I wouldn't buy anything pricey at the moment. Hi-res codecs are a game changer but bt connection is the weak point.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #35,520 of 62,422
With a low budget I wouldn't buy anything at the moment. Hi-res codecs are a game changer but bt connection is the weak point.
I dont think the connection is the weak point, up to a limit. The Pi7 and Nobles actually sound really good, wired or not, so they prove that even within a wireless limitation you can produce an iem that sounds great. The other sub par tws are not a sign of codecs but likely the acoustic design. Thats why its possible that Apple, who now have more money to dump into iems than likely sennheiser & campfire audio combined, owing to their absurd airpod profits, could make something special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back