Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 24, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #35,491 of 62,436
Screenshot_20210724-132218.jpg

Looks like there's an update for the Falcon Pro (v4.0), folks. I'm excited.

Change log said the reason for updates were "Android stability." We can hope.
I’m not seeing the update on iOS yet. Maybe a phased rollout? I am still on version 2.0 for now. Looking forward to your impressions of the new version.

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #35,492 of 62,436
I’m not seeing the update on iOS yet. Maybe a phased rollout? I am still on version 2.0 for now. Looking forward to your impressions of the new version.
Well, I can immediately say it's more stable. Pair-up time when I remove the buds is about as long as it takes for me to get the bud into my ears anyway. I don't get random disconnects or lost pairings anymore. The app works more often than it used to. It's certainly not a perfect experience, but I think it's a step in the right direction. I can even leave aptX Adaptive on and not complain.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #35,493 of 62,436
Major caveat that Flossy's preferred sound signature is pretty close to the opposite of what most people here favor (his words: maximum bass, maximum highs, minimum mids). His videos are good resources for the features and to get a visual, but I don't trust his ears at all, especially after having seen some of the EQ curves he builds.

Let me emphasize: I appreciate what he does for the community and I'm not trying to trash-talk him, but folks should understand what he's after in a set of TWS and how, more than likely, his sound preferences are incompatible (at best) with ours.

Very much agree. I myself have stated similar thoughts here.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #35,494 of 62,436
Jul 25, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #35,495 of 62,436
So my first impressions with the Falcon pro at the gym. Blocks out noise to the point that i would not hear a nuke going off next to me. Sounds good still. And very comfy and the sweat is a non-factor. Satisfied so-far. I'll surely update this once they are broken in more.

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #35,497 of 62,436
My wife is not into the headphone hobby. She has very tiny ear canals, so she's been using the Klipsch X10 for a long, long time, with the very small oval OEM tips. Not a bad pair of in-ears; they had an MSRP of $350 back in the day (they eventually were around $95 new when they were about to be discontinued, so I got two pair for her in like 2013. They debuted in 2008).

Well, based on miserybeforethemusic's experience with the UE Fits, we gave it a shot. I did get the small custom tips first for $30, so the $169 sale price went to $199 (we could have asked for the smalls gratis when the mediums that come with the Fits failed, but I decided to just use the ones I bought separately. I may see if UE will refund the $30, but no matter).

Followed the Klipsch app video and miserybeforethemusic's advice on keeping relaxed, etc.). It worked to perfection! My wife actually went out on the streets with the Fits in her ears yesterday (she normally only used in-ears when traveling on planes, trains, buses etc.). So mission accomplished. Thanks to misery for that advice. Now I am annoyed I didn't grab a pair @$169 (the price is back up to $249). Doh! Anyway, a great outcome.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #35,498 of 62,436
So with the xelastec tips it lowered the bass a tad but opened up the rest of the sounds. Especially the stage and mids. And they are very comfy now. Like nothing is in my ears. 20210725_160738.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #35,499 of 62,436
Jul 25, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #35,500 of 62,436
Major caveat that Flossy's preferred sound signature is pretty close to the opposite of what most people here favor (his words: maximum bass, maximum highs, minimum mids). His videos are good resources for the features and to get a visual, but I don't trust his ears at all, especially after having seen some of the EQ curves he builds.

Let me emphasize: I appreciate what he does for the community and I'm not trying to trash-talk him, but folks should understand what he's after in a set of TWS and how, more than likely, his sound preferences are incompatible (at best) with ours.
I don't really totally agree with your point. Maybe the way that Flossy reacts to the voice let us think that he is basshead. However, just look at his TW ranking.
1. Pi7
2. MTW 2
3. MW08
4. XM4
5. AZ70
In this list, just Pi7 and XM4 have rich and thick bass. In addition, he appreciates AZ70 so much, I got AZ70 and i can tell you that this pair absolutely are't made for basshead.

Jul 25, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #35,501 of 62,436
That’s a very good price, if only I hadn’t bought those defective Sennheisers I would probably nab a pair.
Indeed it’s rather cheap, PI7 for Airpod Pro money. Im tempted to get some for my partner as a gift…
I don't really totally agree with your point. Maybe the way that Flossy reacts to the voice let us think that he is basshead. However, just look at his TW ranking.
1. Pi7
2. MTW 2
3. MW08
4. XM4
5. AZ70
In this list, just Pi7 and XM4 have rich and thick bass. In addition, he appreciates AZ70 so much, I got AZ70 and i can tell you that this pair absolutely are't made for basshead.
Also the MW08/MW07 strong point is bass, or weakness, if you dont like bass dominance and thin mids. He always ranked the senns above those despite having a much feebler bass…

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #35,503 of 62,436
1. Pi7
2. MTW 2
3. MW08
4. XM4
5. AZ70
I've mentioned before that he and I have different preferences. Nothing wrong with that and I owe it to him just as much as anybody owes it to me. The AZ70W is the oddball on the list, I'll agree with that, but it's on my list too. It's not just "closet audiophile" music they excel at, despite anything I have to say about 'em.

I'm not going to try to diminish someone else's opinion. As long as I've been in this hobby, opinions are darn near guaranteed to change, anyway. Just a question of scale.

Jul 26, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #35,504 of 62,436
Did anybody in here get the Edifier Neobuds Pro? Except the person who ordered and then cancelled, obviously.
I'm curious as to whether they actually sound any good, besides the older bluetooth codec and lack of wireless charging they seem very solid for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back