Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 11, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #34,141 of 62,223
I am all day if outside (I pause/power them down) and do no carry the case so today to not have at least 8 hours (non ANC) when Creative had 12-14 hours (claimed) years ago is not great IMO.

My neckbands are 24 hour and 35hours.

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #34,142 of 62,223
I am all day if outside (I pause/power them down) and do no carry the case so today to not have at least 8 hours (non ANC) when Creative had 12-14 hours (claimed) years ago is not great IMO.

Random question but which neckbands do you use?

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #34,143 of 62,223
Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #34,145 of 62,223

I don't know if you're being very fair in this regard. These are tiny batteries that are handling a continuous BT signal and (usually) high-bitrate codecs on top of amplification and DAC duties. Add in real-time DSP (EQ, ANC, HearThrough, notifications, voice control, etc) and it all adds up. Neckbands have a significant advantage in the amount of space it can use, but I think asking for 8 hours of battery life as a standard is a pretty hard ask.

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #34,146 of 62,223
I am not stupid I get that they cannot have 35 hours but again did you read the part where I used example, of Creative had 12-14 hours years ago (even with SxFi Chip) and battery tech have came on since then same with Chipsets and BT versions.

There is just no way today I will buy a set with less than 8 hour non ANC no matter how good they sound or features. and as I said in the past I can live without as TWS none are that great overall (was discussed here weeks ago), I would love another neckband (also was discussed here) but hey there are not the "in thing" now.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #34,147 of 62,223
How loud does the Sony mx4 get?
One of reviewers (posted in this thread) said they are not the loudest but are loud enough, hopefully they have enough head room so normally listing would be 70-80% and 100% for short bursts in my fav songs and quieter recorded albums which I have some of.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #34,148 of 62,223
I am not stupid I get that they cannot have 35 hours but again did you read the part where I used example, of Creative had 12-14 hours years ago (even with SxFi Chip) and battery tech have came on since then same with Chipsets and BT versions.

There is just no way today I will buy a set with less than 8 hour non ANC no matter how good they sound or features. and as I said in the past I can live without as TWS none are that great overall (was discussed here weeks ago), I would love another neckband (also was discussed here) but hey there are not the "in thing" now.
What codec were the Creative running? aptX and high-bitrate AAC aren't as efficient. Battery tech, despite what you think, has not evolved as much in this space.

You don't have to buy anything you don't want, but I'm telling you your expectations are unrealistic for TWS. Yes, there are some models that exceed your 8-hour benchmark. I happen to own a couple. They're prohibitively expensive for most consumers and have a swath of other issues that would keep me from recommending.

These things are not just battery+driver and I think that's what you're not taking into account. Just because it's been done before doesn't mean it can be reproduced (otherwise we'd be celebrating an Apollo 45 mission at this point).

And who cares what the "in thing" is, anyway? We're a fraction of a fraction of the consumer market. Nothing we do is the "in thing."

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #34,149 of 62,223
One of reviewers (posted in this thread) said they are not the loudest but are loud enough, hopefully they have enough head room so normally listing would be 70-80% and 100% for short bursts in my fav songs and quieter recorded albums which I have some of.
I wish I could demo them somewhere. Hopefully best buy has them for demo. I'm kind of tired of my Beats pro in ears for the gym.

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #34,150 of 62,223
I wish I could demo them somewhere. Hopefully best buy has them for demo. I'm kind of tired of my Beats pro in ears for the gym.
Costco/Sam's? Could always just take advantage of the return policy if they're not your thing.

Nevermind...just saw your full location. Don't think they have those in Poland...

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #34,151 of 62,223
What codec were the Creative running? aptX and high-bitrate AAC aren't as efficient. Battery tech, despite what you think, has not evolved as much in this space.

You don't have to buy anything you don't want, but I'm telling you your expectations are unrealistic for TWS. Yes, there are some models that exceed your 8-hour benchmark. I happen to own a couple. They're prohibitively expensive for most consumers and have a swath of other issues that would keep me from recommending.

These things are not just battery+driver and I think that's what you're not taking into account. Just because it's been done before doesn't mean it can be reproduced (otherwise we'd be celebrating an Apollo 45 mission at this point).

And who cares what the "in thing" is, anyway? We're a fraction of a fraction of the consumer market. Nothing we do is the "in thing."

Not sure why you have a bee in your bonnet or did I hit a nerve, I cannot be bothered to even read that but either way I am done with this pointless debate?

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #34,152 of 62,223
Not sure why you have a bee in your bonnet or did I hit a nerve, I cannot be bothered to even read that but either way I am done with this pointless debate?
I don't take too kindly to people who make blanket and inaccurate statements, so I chose to correct it. Consider it the privilege that comes from being part of a public forum. Ending a passive-aggressive statement in the form of a question doesn't suit you.

Consider the debate pointless if that makes you feel better. Your expectations are still unrealistic.

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #34,153 of 62,223
Look I do not want to listen to your BS anymore and my statements were my own not blanket so get of your high horse (set my 1st ever ignore here), not that is was big deal but he seemed to feel it was so....

P.S advise you watch reviews even they will say battery not the best when it is 5-7 hour today 9non ANC), that will keep you busy for a while messaging them to educate/correct them.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #34,154 of 62,223
Costco/Sam's? Could always just take advantage of the return policy if they're not your thing.

Nevermind...just saw your full location. Don't think they have those in Poland...
I'm in NJ. From Poland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back