Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #34,127 of 62,573
Just as a side note as there doesn't appear to me to be a thread on the Jabra Elite Active 75t- I just received my new set after returning my old ones about 6 months ago and they are "Version C (ANC)" as written on the box, ANC is listed as a capability and obviously the newest firmware is installed.

The biggest thing for me though is that I think they've changed the tuning somewhat! They used to sound a bit unnatural to me to such extent i tried EQ'ing them for days with no success. Some people also reported a LOT of bass, however, they are fantastic out of the box! Definitely an improvement over the previous version to my ears.

It would be interesting to see if Crinicle can get the new version and do an FR measurement on them as I see he's graphed the older version.

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #34,128 of 62,573
Just as a side note as there doesn't appear to me to be a thread on the Jabra Elite Active 75t- I just received my new set after returning my old ones about 6 months ago and they are "Version C (ANC)" as written on the box, ANC is listed as a capability and obviously the newest firmware is installed.

The biggest thing for me though is that I think they've changed the tuning somewhat! They used to sound a bit unnatural to me to such extent i tried EQ'ing them for days with no success. Some people also reported a LOT of bass, however, they are fantastic out of the box! Definitely an improvement over the previous version to my ears.

It would be interesting to see if Crinicle can get the new version and do an FR measurement on them as I see he's graphed the older version.
Yep. No dedicated thread, though I've been an acolyte for the EA75t (as it's abbreviated here) for a while now.

I don't really think the EA75t responds that well to EQ, but it does respond very well to different ear tips. I've had the best luck overall with either Final Audio's TWS tips or Azla's Crystal tips. Both are on the spendier side, but they are case-compatible and do a decent enough job taming that heaping amount of bass energy. I think a lot of it is tip-dependent and that can be fixed somewhat just through different tip selection. The MySound feature can help with that a little, so don't hesitate to give that a shot as well.

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #34,130 of 62,573

So ANC better on the Bose ? ok...but what's incredible is that this guy doesn't seem to have a clue about PASSIVE isolation that would have to be a LOT better on the XM4s based on their design so it would make sense for them to have less of a "wow" factor than the Bose or the APPs and their semi-open designs when ANC is turned on.

Hopefully someone will do a "hear what's it like test" with a dummy head to try to show how effective ANC is, few reviewers do that though, "Jim's Review Room" used to do that and EBPMan does too but the sound he gets is generally not great so it's probably a cheap setup.

BTW, are the tips in fact similar to the "foam" version that came with the XM3s ? That would be good news for their durability vs Comply type tips but not so much in terms of "grippinness"

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #34,131 of 62,573
Looks like Earfun's back at it again, this time with the Free 2:

Introduction-1-1100x825.jpg

https://www.headphonesty.com/2021/06/review-earfun-free-2/

Doesn't look like much of a sonic shift from the Earfun Free Pro, so I'd venture to guess there's going to be a hefty amount of midbass bloom on the EF2 as well. I do like that the edges of the new buds are rounded, though. This may fit very similar to the JBL Club Pro+ or Jabra EA75t.

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #34,133 of 62,573
Hi, I have a pair of Nuarl N6 Pro and I love it’s sound quality. What will you recommend for better sound quality ( yes, only focus on sound quality)? I am using iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Have to ask a few questions first:
  1. What content will you be consuming (genres of music, apps used, VoIP calls, etc)?
  2. What about the N6 Pro do you wish you could improve?
  3. What features are absolute must-haves? Nice-to-haves? Don't-wants?
  4. How much are you willing to spend?
If you priority is sound quality over everything else, my suggestion is to just grab a set of TWS-IEM adapters (like the iBasso CF01 or Fiio UTWS3) and call it a day. You're going to get a consistently better experience in terms of SQ that way. That being said, if you still want this to be TWS-specific, help me out with the four questions I put up and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #34,134 of 62,573
Yeah, no I'm really liking the tuning from these now straight out of the box with their own tips. No change is required for me at the moment. I'll take a note of your suggested tips and perhaps give them a try at some point. 👍
If they're reissuing these, I wonder if this means they'll pass on the 85T Active's this year.
Looks like Earfun's back at it again, this time with the Free 2:

Introduction-1-1100x825.jpg

https://www.headphonesty.com/2021/06/review-earfun-free-2/

Doesn't look like much of a sonic shift from the Earfun Free Pro, so I'd venture to guess there's going to be a hefty amount of midbass bloom on the EF2 as well. I do like that the edges of the new buds are rounded, though. This may fit very similar to the JBL Club Pro+ or Jabra EA75t.
Bart just put out a review and he seems to like them..

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #34,136 of 62,573
If they're reissuing these, I wonder if this means they'll pass on the 85T Active's this year.

Bart just put out a review and he seems to like them..
No word on either front so far. 85t Actives could be pretty sweet if done well.

And weekly maintenance calls. Tired enough that I confused this with my morning coffee at least once already:
IMG_20210611_092646.jpg
Just a little Dawn soap and hot water. We used to call this "hot soapy" and is the universal cleaner onboard submarines.
IMG_20210611_094613.jpg
Might seem like a lot of work, but it's still less compared to an ear infection.

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #34,137 of 62,573
Not sure. The reissue could just be to highlight on the box that they have ANC and come with the latest firmware. From my ears though there's been a welcomed change of tuning.

I didn't go with 85t's due to poorer IP rating as I use these mainly for running so it'll be interesting to see any Active's like you say.

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #34,139 of 62,573
Regarding Flossy Carter reviews, he's funny and does give good impressions. I don't always agree with his sonic preferences but understand them well enough to know which products he reviews will work for me.

In the case of the XM4 I have a few reservations though. He appeared to be using the setting for stability versus sound quality when testing, this would not allow the XM4 to be at its best sonically speaking so may have affecting his musical ranking and account for why he thought the sound quality was very similar to the XM3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back