Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 12, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #33,136 of 35,617

samandhi

1000+ Head-Fier
AAC, or for that matter, AptX, SBC et al, are a transmission mechanism that code then decode a file to be moved from source to receiver in as small a volume as its parameters allow. Nowhere in the Bluetooth standard is there reference to volume control. Apple still have to comply with those standards at least.
I am certainly no Apple engineer, nor phone OS coder, so I can't go TOO deeply into this hole. You may need to consult with Apple as to WHY this is what it is. The thing is that AAC, AptX, etc... are not the Bluetooth driver/stack. These are just the codecs, which is what the OS tells the BT stack (Flouride on android) to encode in order to be transmitted and then decoded on the IEM side of things. You are right this has nothing to do with the volume information (except if the song file itself contains gain levels/volume leveling numbers).

And as for the Bluetooth standard, this is also not specific to any one OS, but coding can be inserted before or after the stack (or if they really want to right in the stack). Windows uses many many different Bluetooth stacks (some much better than others). Android only tends to use one at a time. And, to be quite frank, Apple doesn't always adhere 100% to standards because it is such a closed system. They might have to comply to standards that are not their own pieces of software/hardware, but if it is written specifically for IOS and only IOS they they need not comply with anything that is not patented. In the case of Bluetooth they only need to comply with the transport protocols that allow connections, signal transmissions, etc.. There is nothing saying that they cannot add volume leveling in the code if they so choose.
and does not explain fundamental low volume over Bluetooth without app intervention.
This, actually is exactly what I am telling you. There is indeed intervention from an app going on here. Think of the system volume on IOS as an app, just like Neutron, or etc... Except it overrides all other apps asking for volume information. It IS and does control the volume level of transmitted signals over all outputs possible rather than leave it alone as a "transport" only situation. This is also why your Sony limited headphone jack but not the BT volume, because they chose to leave it that way.

What I am arguing here is not whether this phone limits volume or that one doesn't, I was simply trying to say that MOST android phones (and especially plain android DAPS) do not limit volume in any way concerning Bluetooth.
but honestly that just shows me you can control volume through certain applications
Which is exactly what I was trying to explain after you said:
If the iPhone has no control or knowledge of the Bluetooth volume, how can it limit it?

The bottom line is: IOS Bluetooth max volume is lower than on most android devices but not because of the power differences on the device. It is purely on a software level.

May 12, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #33,137 of 35,617

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm sorta tempted by them, but I owned the CCA CX4... three times and had to return them three times due to connection issues that rendered them unusable. But I really loved the sound and fit of them!
I'm sure we are hoping for the two positives you liked about them and the newer 5.2 chip to address the connection issues this time around.

I will compare to this DQ6 / Z3 wireless combo...
1620859339434.png

May 12, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #33,138 of 35,617

SemiAudiophile

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm sorta tempted by them, but I owned the CCA CX4... three times and had to return them three times due to connection issues that rendered them unusable. But I really loved the sound and fit of them!
Yeah, even the CX10 looks pretty tempting with 4BA and 1DD at $50. But you never know what kind of quality or QC issues you'll be getting, so I'm not sure I wanna take that gamble. Especially if I need to return them overseas.

May 12, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #33,139 of 35,617

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus

Attachments

• 1620861065120.png
    1620861065120.png
    246.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #33,140 of 35,617

dweaver

Headphoneus Supremus
Sure hope the Sony's offer a silicone tip option. But they look good in white as well as black!

May 13, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #33,141 of 35,617

senorbroom

New Head-Fier
would you say they go in deep or stay pretty shallow?
Tried different tips?

I am still curious about them, wish I had a 'try' option
They stay quite shallow. The issue is that the battery housing which, in other TWS, typically lays flat in your ear is bulbous so that it protrudes out. It feels like the oval eartip is the only thing holding them in. I don’t have any such issues with the Jabra 65T.

May 13, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #33,142 of 35,617

hmscott

500+ Head-Fier
How's the call quality on these? Thinking of upgrading from the M10...
I've had numerous long calls recently on them, and no complaints from the called party, no communication confusions, or need to repeat myself. I haven't heard them from the other end yet though. I also used the T10's for a long time for phone calls too, and I have heard them from the other end and the voice was clear - not odd sounding. :)

I haven't been out in crowds or loud crowded spaces for either the T10 or T10B, no idea how they will perform when I am once again.

Going from the T10's to the M10's didn't go well for me, I ended up returning the M10's...it's been a while I do recall there wasn't anything special about the M10's over the T10's, and I already had 2 pair of T10's.

The T10B's have more Bass by default, and 5 taps to the earpiece and it toggles between Bass and Gaming mode, I enjoy both modes, but mostly leave it on Default/Standard/Normal/Bass mode. I haven't gone back to the T10's - I moved over my AZLA SednaEarfitLight 2 Pairs (Size ML) tips to the new T10B's, more on order.

Amazon still has the Tranya T10's for sale, $39.99 + 30% off at checkout - check the 30% discount box before adding to Cart/Buy.

I pre-ordered the T10B direct from Tranya, and that took a long time (2 months) for my pre-order to get delivered, heads up for future pre-orders :)

IDK why, but Tranya is soft on the "B" calling it the "NEW T10" and "T10B". Tranya use the "T10B" many places except the Title of the product page and the cart entry.

The T10B box said T10 but the T10/T10B boxes have different text on the cover and back of the box descriptions, and there is a "T10B" product sticker with a barcode stuck to the back of the boxes - I pre-ordered 2 T10B's.

I've heard that the T10B was sent to Brazil exclusively?! and that is why we still don't see it for sale here in the US.

All(?) of the T10B reviews I've seen have come out on Youtube in Portuguese :)

Tranya NEW T10

The "T10B30" 30% Tranya.com discount code no longer works, but "SHARE20" 20% discount does work :)

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #33,143 of 35,617

Caipirina

Headphoneus Supremus
They stay quite shallow. The issue is that the battery housing which, in other TWS, typically lays flat in your ear is bulbous so that it protrudes out. It feels like the oval eartip is the only thing holding them in. I don’t have any such issues with the Jabra 65T.
The eartips are oval? I was trying to look at detail pics and they look round .. or my eyes are wonky :)

But sounds like these won't be for me, as I have trouble with shallow fits .. and I saw several complaints on YT and reddit about a non-secure fit

thanks for your feedback. much appreciated

May 13, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #33,145 of 35,617

senorbroom

New Head-Fier
The eartips are oval? I was trying to look at detail pics and they look round .. or my eyes are wonky :)

But sounds like these won't be for me, as I have trouble with shallow fits .. and I saw several complaints on YT and reddit about a non-secure fit

thanks for your feedback. much appreciated
Yep, definitely oval-shaped. People with large ear holes also complain that the tips are way too small. I’m selling the buds pro tonight and might wait for reviews for the new Sonys. I don’t expect much from ANC in this form factor and am happy when it can cut out general hum.

Attachments

• 978EF5AF-C9BC-490A-8DAD-9F43F2374723.jpeg
    978EF5AF-C9BC-490A-8DAD-9F43F2374723.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
May 13, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #33,146 of 35,617

Caipirina

Headphoneus Supremus
So anyone checking out the Echo Buds 2.0 at $99 (raises hand). With Amazon’s easy return policy, figured why not? Did not own 1.0. Expectations are low, but curiosity got the best of me. Due in tomorrow.
My first gen EchoBuds are finally scheduled to travel to my location this weekend (from that 59GBP deal a few months ago)... but let's see ... many things that still could go awray .. they might just totally close the airport :)

May 13, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #33,147 of 35,617

Caipirina

Headphoneus Supremus
Yep, definitely oval-shaped. People with large ear holes also complain that the tips are way too small. I’m selling the buds pro tonight and might wait for reviews for the new Sonys. I don’t expect much from ANC in this form factor and am happy when it can cut out general hum.
Thanks for that!

Seems I am 'stuck' with having the leaders in ANC already (Bose QC and Jabra 85, maybe also APP), so, everything else will disappoint ..
Hoping for the Sony or who knows if anyone comes in from the left field and surprises us

Users who are viewing this thread