Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 13, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #33,136 of 61,350
would you say they go in deep or stay pretty shallow?
Tried different tips?

I am still curious about them, wish I had a 'try' option
They stay quite shallow. The issue is that the battery housing which, in other TWS, typically lays flat in your ear is bulbous so that it protrudes out. It feels like the oval eartip is the only thing holding them in. I don’t have any such issues with the Jabra 65T.

May 13, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #33,137 of 61,350
How's the call quality on these? Thinking of upgrading from the M10...
I've had numerous long calls recently on them, and no complaints from the called party, no communication confusions, or need to repeat myself. I haven't heard them from the other end yet though. I also used the T10's for a long time for phone calls too, and I have heard them from the other end and the voice was clear - not odd sounding. :)

I haven't been out in crowds or loud crowded spaces for either the T10 or T10B, no idea how they will perform when I am once again.

Going from the T10's to the M10's didn't go well for me, I ended up returning the M10's...it's been a while I do recall there wasn't anything special about the M10's over the T10's, and I already had 2 pair of T10's.

The T10B's have more Bass by default, and 5 taps to the earpiece and it toggles between Bass and Gaming mode, I enjoy both modes, but mostly leave it on Default/Standard/Normal/Bass mode. I haven't gone back to the T10's - I moved over my AZLA SednaEarfitLight 2 Pairs (Size ML) tips to the new T10B's, more on order.

Amazon still has the Tranya T10's for sale, $39.99 + 30% off at checkout - check the 30% discount box before adding to Cart/Buy.

I pre-ordered the T10B direct from Tranya, and that took a long time (2 months) for my pre-order to get delivered, heads up for future pre-orders :)

IDK why, but Tranya is soft on the "B" calling it the "NEW T10" and "T10B". Tranya use the "T10B" many places except the Title of the product page and the cart entry.

The T10B box said T10 but the T10/T10B boxes have different text on the cover and back of the box descriptions, and there is a "T10B" product sticker with a barcode stuck to the back of the boxes - I pre-ordered 2 T10B's.

I've heard that the T10B was sent to Brazil exclusively?! and that is why we still don't see it for sale here in the US.

All(?) of the T10B reviews I've seen have come out on Youtube in Portuguese :)

Tranya NEW T10

The "T10B30" 30% Tranya.com discount code no longer works, but "SHARE20" 20% discount does work :)

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #33,138 of 61,350
They stay quite shallow. The issue is that the battery housing which, in other TWS, typically lays flat in your ear is bulbous so that it protrudes out. It feels like the oval eartip is the only thing holding them in. I don’t have any such issues with the Jabra 65T.
The eartips are oval? I was trying to look at detail pics and they look round .. or my eyes are wonky :)

But sounds like these won't be for me, as I have trouble with shallow fits .. and I saw several complaints on YT and reddit about a non-secure fit

thanks for your feedback. much appreciated

May 13, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #33,140 of 61,350
The eartips are oval? I was trying to look at detail pics and they look round .. or my eyes are wonky :)

But sounds like these won't be for me, as I have trouble with shallow fits .. and I saw several complaints on YT and reddit about a non-secure fit

thanks for your feedback. much appreciated
Yep, definitely oval-shaped. People with large ear holes also complain that the tips are way too small. I’m selling the buds pro tonight and might wait for reviews for the new Sonys. I don’t expect much from ANC in this form factor and am happy when it can cut out general hum.

Attachments

• 978EF5AF-C9BC-490A-8DAD-9F43F2374723.jpeg
    978EF5AF-C9BC-490A-8DAD-9F43F2374723.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
May 13, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #33,141 of 61,350
So anyone checking out the Echo Buds 2.0 at $99 (raises hand). With Amazon’s easy return policy, figured why not? Did not own 1.0. Expectations are low, but curiosity got the best of me. Due in tomorrow.
My first gen EchoBuds are finally scheduled to travel to my location this weekend (from that 59GBP deal a few months ago)... but let's see ... many things that still could go awray .. they might just totally close the airport :)

May 13, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #33,142 of 61,350
Yep, definitely oval-shaped. People with large ear holes also complain that the tips are way too small. I’m selling the buds pro tonight and might wait for reviews for the new Sonys. I don’t expect much from ANC in this form factor and am happy when it can cut out general hum.
Thanks for that!

Seems I am 'stuck' with having the leaders in ANC already (Bose QC and Jabra 85, maybe also APP), so, everything else will disappoint ..
Hoping for the Sony or who knows if anyone comes in from the left field and surprises us

May 13, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #33,146 of 61,350
Hi everyone, I have some old Phonaks with the interchangeable filters which I bought probably 8 years ago. What would be 3 high end wireless IEMs that you could recommend I need a pair. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

May 13, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #33,147 of 61,350
depends on what you want, the AKG N400 is one of the best sounding, but they are absolute trash when it comes to controls, pairing and charging,
the new B&W are being spoken well of, sony are good but i would wait for the new models, the samsung buds pro and the huawei freebuds pro are both ok to good sounding but are jacks of all trade with good pairing, ANC and easy to use.

May 13, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #33,148 of 61,350
Thanks for that!

Seems I am 'stuck' with having the leaders in ANC already (Bose QC and Jabra 85, maybe also APP), so, everything else will disappoint ..
Hoping for the Sony or who knows if anyone comes in from the left field and surprises us
Those 85t are critically underrated for their ANC performance. It's really something special. Only trick is fitment with the oval tips; just a hair off axis and the whole thing collapses in my ears. Otherwise, it's absolutely phenomenal.
Hi everyone, I have some old Phonaks with the interchangeable filters which I bought probably 8 years ago. What would be 3 high end wireless IEMs that you could recommend I need a pair. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)
Will you buy all 3 to have variety or are you planning to narrow it down from there?

On SQ alone (so far):
-Noble Falcon Pro
-Cambridge Melomania Touch
-UE FITS

Alternatively, there's TWS adapters for 2-pin/MMCX IEMs you may want to consider. I personally love the iBasso CF01, but haven't tried the other offerings yet.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #33,149 of 61,350
Thanks for the heads up, after ruminating for ages on whether I can justify the £279 for the MW08 these seem an absolute steal. Also went for the slim reaper as the most subtle of them all (it’s all relative 😂). Looking forward to trying these out.
My M&D MW07 Plus arrived today. Colour me impressed on first use, although the bar wasn’t too high with my current TWS (Jabra 65t and Pamu Quiet). I’ve got some wired molded Livewires and Shure SE500 I have used Witham adapter, and some decent full size cans (eg Senn HD650) knocking about too and Sony WH-1000 Xm2 for noise cancelling.

The MW07 Plus fit me great out of the box, which is half the battle with IEMs I think. The little fins are great. Could go on the dodgems with these and not worry I reckon. Love having real buttons that work and which I’ve learned in 2 minutes. Build quality is outstanding. Charging case much smaller than I expected from the pictures. My model has a matt black stainless steel case that looks great. Sound, I’m no expert, but they’re not going back. Lots of air and separation, don’t sound like they are in the ear at all. Comfortable +1 hour in but like most IEMs not sure I’d want to wear for a straight 8+ hours which is their battery life. Yet to ‘test’ connection but my iPhone as main source is always close so don’t expect issues. Noise cancelling not a strong feature but that’s fine - passive cancelling is pretty good and the ANC helps with droning low frequency. Yet to test phone calls much but seems ok.

So - at half price I’m very happy so far. The offer runs until 31st May 2021 I think [Nike KD13 colourway versions direct from M&D with code HYPE]. Haven’t figured out how to check if they support AAC or not (specs say no but some mixed reports say later versions did).

Cheers all.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #33,150 of 61,350
Those 85t are critically underrated for their ANC performance. It's really something special. Only trick is fitment with the oval tips; just a hair off axis and the whole thing collapses in my ears. Otherwise, it's absolutely phenomenal.

Will you buy all 3 to have variety or are you planning to narrow it down from there?

On SQ alone (so far):
-Noble Falcon Pro
-Cambridge Melomania Touch
-UE FITS

Alternatively, there's TWS adapters for 2-pin/MMCX IEMs you may want to consider. I personally love the iBasso CF01, but haven't tried the other offerings yet.
Also maybe another for the list would be the Nuarl N6 or N6 Pro (same thing, just one comes with Spinfit tips + stock tips). If you are into neutral but massive detail retrieval, these are great. I have read that the N10 and Pro are supposed to be upgrades to the N6, but can't verify that statement because I have not heard them.

I have not heard the other two on @miserybeforethemusic list, but trust his ear (as ours seem to be pretty close in taste), but the Melomania Touch I own, and since the newest firmware update, they are fantastic! Some continuously have issues with them, whereas others have no problems at all (myself falling into the latter), so take that with a grain of salt. Even for the ones that have had many issues, most people agree that they sound damned good (audiophiles and non-audiophiles alike).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back