Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 11, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #33,091 of 62,321
The lack of volume is not due to the device you are sending the BT signal from. This is from the built-in DAC/AMP of the TWS itself. So changing devices will not make any difference. :frowning2:

Tis a shame,

I really noticed on a run earlier how they lacked the power of the Airpods Pro/MW07+. Just felt a bit too small owing to the low volume from the iPhone, despite the clear advantage they have in every other area. Difficult, as at £350 the product kind of needs to be flawless.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #33,092 of 62,321
Do you guys know if any devices, either DAPs, or phones, give A louder output via tws?

I’m thoroughly enjoying the PI7, but I think another notch of volume and they’d be better than any tws has a right to be.
If you on iOS you could use Flacbox’s Preamplifier, add a few db on it could increase the volume (adding it with the master volume on your phone), but do in mind that using the preamplifier too much could distort your PI7.
B5B1263B-72DF-499C-AD2C-4B4E51A475BB.jpeg

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #33,093 of 62,321
Or, you could just chuck it all and Jailbreak the phone and get rid of the locked top end that Apple puts on volume for hearing protection (like we are all kids and can't do the right thing for ourselves)... hehe

May 11, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #33,094 of 62,321
Or, you could just chuck it all and Jailbreak the phone and get rid of the locked top end that Apple puts on volume for hearing protection (like we are all kids and can't do the right thing for ourselves)... hehe
Tempted, is there a phone that doesn’t have this volume limit?

If you on iOS you could use Flacbox’s Preamplifier, add a few db on it could increase the volume (adding it with the master volume on your phone), but do in mind that using the preamplifier too much could distort your PI7.
Thanks a bunch man, just tried it, and it worked amazingly for vocals, then bass kicked in And it was distorted as heck.

It’s a shame, as they’ve made something exceptional. But volume is especially important for tws as you’re often using them out and about, and these are noticeably quieter than the APP. Tis a shame as they sound about twice as good.

May 11, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #33,095 of 62,321

Thanks a bunch man, just tried it, and it worked amazingly for vocals, then bass kicked in And it was distorted as heck.

It’s a shame, as they’ve made something exceptional. But volume is especially important for tws as you’re often using them out and about, and these are noticeably quieter than the APP. Tis a shame as they sound about twice as good.
I wouldn’t go passed 1.5 on the Preamplifier, beyond that it would go distort. Try to play with it a little bit, who knows you might find a sweet spot on the volume.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #33,096 of 62,321
Just got a shipping notice from WorldWideStereo. Looks like the AZ70Ws are coming home to roost :)

Otherwise been battling a wicked head cold today, so took a listening break. This stuff ain't fun, folks.

May 11, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #33,097 of 62,321
1620771933090.png

Not that they are proven to have better batteries in them just yet but I said, WTH, and got the new CCA CC1. Only $20.99. Something cheap to play with till the Sony or something real exciting comes along though it will take several weeks to come lol. Yes, I actually like the look of the "HYBRID TECHNOLOGY" on it. Has a "customized version of 30095 balanced armature and 8MM Dynamic unit". They are BT5.2 with supposed 20M range. Figured I gotta try one of these KZ/CCA sometime :)

May 11, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #33,098 of 62,321
1620771933090.png

Not that they are proven to have better batteries in them just yet but I said, WTH, and got the new CCA CC1. Only $20.99. Something cheap to play with till the Sony or something real exciting comes along though it will take several weeks to come lol. Yes, I actually like the look of the "HYBRID TECHNOLOGY" on it. Has a "customized version of 30095 balanced armature and 8MM Dynamic unit". They are BT5.2 with supposed 20M range. Figured I gotta try one of these KZ/CCA sometime :)
That looks like an absolute steal. Where do you see it on sale for $20.99? I see $29.90 everywhere, still an absolute bargain anyhow.

May 11, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #33,099 of 62,321
Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #33,100 of 62,321
May 11, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #33,101 of 62,321
Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #33,102 of 62,321
I'm thinking I might just give up on these Galaxy Buds Pro and try and sell them due to the fit. Love the sound, love the size of the case, love the wireless charging, and even find the ANC acceptable for a TWS. I've updated the firmware so can now control volume, ANC, and track skipping all from the buds. However, when wearing them I am accurately that I am wearing them and they constantly feel on the verge of falling out. It's frustrating because they're so close to being great.

May 12, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #33,103 of 62,321
I'm thinking I might just give up on these Galaxy Buds Pro and try and sell them due to the fit. Love the sound, love the size of the case, love the wireless charging, and even find the ANC acceptable for a TWS. I've updated the firmware so can now control volume, ANC, and track skipping all from the buds. However, when wearing them I am accurately that I am wearing them and they constantly feel on the verge of falling out. It's frustrating because they're so close to being great.
would you say they go in deep or stay pretty shallow?
Tried different tips?

I am still curious about them, wish I had a 'try' option

May 12, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #33,104 of 62,321
Pretty much any android phone (that is not Samsung, who mostly copies Apple in all things). But either way, you won't get much more volume than that anyhow. Best bet might be to get a different pair if you aren't happy with the max volume (I'm sorry to say).

May 12, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #33,105 of 62,321
Pretty much any android phone (that is not Samsung, who mostly copies Apple in all things). But either way, you won't get much more volume than that anyhow. Best bet might be to get a different pair if you aren't happy with the max volume (I'm sorry to say).
I don’t agree. I’ve got 2 Android DAP’s running 8.1 and 9.0, and both have more than enough power for the Pi7’s. The highest I’ve listened to is around 70 out of 100 and whilst the buds seemed happy to go higher, my ears did not. @mainguy - you might want to check some of the smaller Hiby units. Amazing value for what you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back