Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 11, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #33,076 of 62,435
I am actually a big fan of the beans, they fit perfectly (using the biggest ring thingies) and I really enjoy the rather energetic sound signature and even the ANC, which maybe only works for me since I get a pretty good seal with those wonky ears of mine.

But there is an oddity with the ANC that's tricky to describe and maybe it is just me? It seems to 'switch levels' every once in a while and it is not based on things like grinning or moving my jaw ... it's like as if I am on the highway in a pretty sound proof car .. and every so often someone cracks a window just a bit .. and then closes that again ... it is not too distracting, but a shame, because in 'closed window' cycle, it is really among the best ANC that I have here. Anyone else experiencing that?

Already my second pair that has that (first died probably of moisture, running in this humidity creates just way too much sweat)
I can get the Jabra to do the same thing with HearThrough from time to time. Think it's a hiccup in the audio processing or something.
I saw that when I updated a couple months ago, and was reminded of it Saturday and said to myself, I've gotta read up on that. Hadn't gotten around to it. Thanks for the links.
I don't blame you for putting it off. Really not much conclusive that I can find on it, including from Google directly. Seems to be a complete rewrite of the Bluetooth stack, optimized for Android 11 and a framework referred to as "Rust." Have a feeling you'll find more on Rust than you will Gabeldorsche.

May 11, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #33,077 of 62,435
Was listening to the MW08 one last time, and a strange thing happened. i was a couple rooms from my phone, these have had no dropouts, but something else happened i've not experienced with another pair. Instead of the music cutting out, the sound switched from stereo to mono in both ears. They were perfectly in sync, there was no echo / out of focus sound, several ways i could describe it, one would be like that 96K bitrate on free Pandora back in the day.
They did this twice, and then switched back to stereo seamlessly, like nothing had happened. I don't want my audio to cut out from being interfered with of course, but in those moments where i'm a good distance from my phone and listening to a podcast or book, I'd rather have what i described happen instead of the garbled choppy audio that's so common.

May 11, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #33,080 of 62,435
It seems there ARE some ppl here who actually like the Galaxy beans, happy to hear. Any of those also tried the Galaxy Buds PRO?

I'd like to hear your impressions ...

mainly regarding the ANC.

I watched several YT videos, but when they start with 'the ANC on the Buds Live was crap' then I already know that we have different ears :D

May 11, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #33,081 of 62,435
Don't sleep on airpod pro's. Honestly pretty fantastic for the price.
For sure. Even I'll vouch for the APPs and I have no practical use for them. Just wish the wife would use them more as I bought them for her in the first place. It's a bit funny watching her try to do stuff around the house with only one available hand, though.

May 11, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #33,082 of 62,435
It seems there ARE some ppl here who actually like the Galaxy beans, happy to hear. Any of those also tried the Galaxy Buds PRO?

I'd like to hear your impressions ...

mainly regarding the ANC.

I watched several YT videos, but when they start with 'the ANC on the Buds Live was crap' then I already know that we have different ears :D
I use them for calls. They work very well for the purpose. Basically Samsung’s answer to regular air pods. Music would only be in a pinch. ANC isn’t really effective. It’s a strange effect but relatively useless. Edit sorry - didn’t realize this was for the pros. Mea culpa.

May 11, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #33,083 of 62,435
I use them for calls. They work very well for the purpose. Basically Samsung’s answer to regular air pods. Music would only be in a pinch. ANC isn’t really effective. It’s a strange effect but relatively useless. Edit sorry - didn’t realize this was for the pros. Mea culpa.
I also use them mostly for calls and for walking around town so I can hear what is going on around me and to be able to take handsfree calls. Great to be able to talk to the starbucks barista without having to adjust or take out my earbuds.

As I have noted before, I dont really care for ANC but it appears to do an effective job at fan/hvac/low frequency "droning" noises but does not negate much else. I like that it works that way because, as the name suggests, it is intended to allow you to interact with your surroundings. You cant compare these for ANC to Sony or Bose but that is fine for me. Dont have any Apple devices so cant compare to airpods.

May 11, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #33,084 of 62,435
While it may not be the best choice for music, I'm really digging the E-Pro TW00 on my Jabra EA75t for calls. Does a phenomenal job cutting down some of the boominess that comes through from some callers and doesn't otherwise mess with fitment. Still on the fence about what they do for music, though, so that's what I'll try to spend my time today doing.
IMG_20210511_111138.jpg
So far, here's what I can infer:
  • Those wanting a boosted midrange (or at least a more prominent midrange presence) would benefit more from the Final TWS tips. The TW00 seem to make cuts in the upper bass/lower midrange which turns some of that boom into more of a snap. Depending on the genre, this will be either a pro or a con.
  • They're even more comfortable on the EA75t than the Final TWS tips were, which I didn't think was possible. I could probably stand to go down a size on them and still keep a great seal.
  • Passive seal is much better than the Final TWS were. With the buds in and no music playing, I can barely make out the clacking of my keyboard when I type. Once I activate ANC, I have to really struggle to hear it. This allows me to keep the volume low when I listen to music and avoid early fatigue.
  • I am constantly forgetting that I have auto-pause enabled. Keep forgetting the EA75t even have that feature. Or muli-link pairing, for that matter.
In full disclosure, the tips that Jabra includes with the EA75t are very similar in shape/style to the EPro horns; the two biggest differences being a much wider bore on the TW00 and grippier texture. I think both will ultimately help keep this set fully planted in my "impulse buy" recommendations for under $100.

May 11, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #33,085 of 62,435
What's the general consensus between the Galaxy Buds and Buds+? The Buds+ are cheaper here for some reason.

Are there any chances Samsung will add aptX in future versions or are they likely to stick with their proprietary technology?

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #33,086 of 62,435
What's the general consensus between the Galaxy Buds and Buds+? The Buds+ are cheaper here for some reason.

Are there any chances Samsung will add aptX in future versions or are they likely to stick with their proprietary technology?
i can't speak to differences between the 2, but no APTX is a primary reason I don't buy them. Sure they have AAC, which imo has improoved on LG phones, RIP LG mobile, but I also don't play in the Samsung Sandbox. plus they hamstring the Galaxy Buds line by limiting playback on SBC. On principal that bothers me.
If i had to bet, I don't think APTX will make it's way to galaxy TWEs any time soon.

May 11, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #33,087 of 62,435
Looks like Moondrop has gone live with the Sparks. Might be a good option for fans of their VDSF tuning.
https://apos.audio/collections/moondrop/products/moondrop-sparks-iems
https://hifigo.com/products/moondrop-sparks-tws?_pos=3&_sid=96dc3113c&_ss=r
apos-audio-moondrop-earphone-in-ear-monitor-iem-moondrop-sparks-iems-28651926651051_1800x1747.jpg

Looks a lot better in this colorway than the pink/purple, in my opinion, but I know I'm not the entirety of the market. Feature set looks pretty decent as well. Curious to see how they're going to do in the arena.

Hoping @MOONDROP will hop in and share a little about their new TWS. Especially this, which sounds quite interesting:
apos-audio-moondrop-earphone-in-ear-monitor-iem-moondrop-sparks-iems-28651926585515_1672x1800.jpg

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #33,088 of 62,435
Well I've been paying for my Dreamstate tickets all year; keeping my fingers crossed they'll give us permission to have fun again soon. Or we can just take it ourselves, but that's a totally different story haha. Nobody asked permission for underground raves back in the day...

Do you think the Mini is a solid purchase? Wouldn't mind adding a Nuarl into the collection based on feedback here, but also don't want to run the risk of having it feel redundant against something else in the stable.
Definitely miss the old days, last time in a concert was back in 2015 watching Lamb of God, and it was awesome.

Personally for me, Nuarl N6 Mini is a solid purchase for the price vs performance (around $100 in my country). Love the sound quality of it, especially on the bass and mids (no boomy bass or shouty mids), trebles could use a little boost though, but you can always tips rolling or use the EQ, details is good and the timber is excellent. Currently I’m using Tanchjim T300T (no EQ) which brought up the trebles without adding any bass (sub or midbass), surely now the sounds is more balance, closer to my preferences. Soundstage is good, not too cluster phobic even though it doesn’t have HDSS likes it’s big brother, but it have an excellent separation for a TWS. Feature wise, it have AAC/SBC/Aptx, an ip7x rating and a hear through mode, but don’t expect it to be awesome though. Battery wise, I’m getting around 6 hours 50 minutes on AAC (iPhone 11) at 80% volume, and around 5 hours 43 minutes on Aptx (Redmi note 8 pro) at 80% volume.

May 11, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #33,089 of 62,435
Do you guys know if any devices, either DAPs, or phones, give A louder output via tws?

I’m thoroughly enjoying the PI7, but I think another notch of volume and they’d be better than any tws has a right to be.

May 11, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #33,090 of 62,435
Do you guys know if any devices, either DAPs, or phones, give A louder output via tws?

I’m thoroughly enjoying the PI7, but I think another notch of volume and they’d be better than any tws has a right to be.
The lack of volume is not due to the device you are sending the BT signal from. This is from the built-in DAC/AMP of the TWS itself. So changing devices will not make any difference. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back