Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 20, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #3,227 of 62,573
Sounds like the same problem as with the E8. Even if the buds are fully charged they will not turn on if the case is fully dischargef
the only problem was that the case was plugged in and showed green before I left the house so should have been fully charged.

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #3,229 of 62,573
Common problem with all tw. The case acts as the mechanism to power them down. If the case is dead the headphones won’t turn off.

With the E8 they do turn off but not on

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #3,230 of 62,573
Common problem with all tw. The case acts as the mechanism to power them down. If the case is dead the headphones won’t turn off.
I dunno. Happened to have yesterday fully discharged 65t case. The case light went red (when you open/close the lid) in the evening, but I forgot to charge it since I mostly use MW07 nowadays. Today morning even the red light wasn't there, so I decided to check the buds. They obviously still had some juice in them because they connected and sounded fine. Then I put them back into supposedly dead case and each bud still blinked red as normal, signifying that they're switching off. Then I waited a bit and took them from the case again. Still switched on and connected. Go figure. Probably Jabras somehow know that they're in the case even if it has no juice. Maybe capacitors on the contacts, or in-bud sensors know typical position within the case? Only proves that 65t as a whole are the best designed TW package out there.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #3,231 of 62,573
With the E8 they do turn off but not on

That was my understanding. If they hit the connectors they'll power down even if the case isn't able to charge. Besides, the case will always have just enough charge in it to go red and show it's unable to charge.

Also just chiming in to reiterate how much I love the e8s.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #3,232 of 62,573
It's exactly what happened to me... and I don't think that the case was really drained... it's like the case bugged... Hope they will fix it with a new case if it's a hardware problem.

Yeah, it doesn't matter if my case is drained, partially charged or fully charged. It just happens. Then plug in the USBC and they stop playing and start charging. Not all the time - trying to isolate what I cdo when it happens to see if it's a kind of repeatable pattern (like it only happens when I put the R one in first then wait too long to put L in) but so far no luck.

What I still can't do at all is charge the case without them in it. That's one of the two things that just doesn't work - the other being the transparent mode while music is playing the background rather than silence.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #3,233 of 62,573
That was my understanding. If they hit the connectors they'll power down even if the case isn't able to charge. Besides, the case will always have just enough charge in it to go red and show it's unable to charge.

OH - I have an update on my E8 experience. Yesterday evening I was cleaning out my daughter's closet and I was wearing the E8s while I did it, trying to listen detailed and figure out why mine sound so different. Anyway, I found her old 1st-2nd grade earmuffs. They were very tiny and cute. Because I'm that guy, I put them on my head. The earmuffs "mushed" the top of my ears against my head and the bottom part of my ear moved out away from my head as a result. They also pulled my ears back away from my face toward the back of my head. The E8s suddenly sounded much more bassy and full. Took them off, back to the same thinner, more clinical sound. It was amazing and re-creatable each time I fiddled with the earmuffs. I could do it by playing with moving my ears around with my fingers, but when I let go it went back. Unfortunately, spinfits, spiral dots, complys and regular silicones could not recreate the effect.

If you look at the last pic in my post comparing the Senns and E8s physically (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-180#post-14640561), you'll see that the Senns have a more pronounced angle "up" at the tip.

I think that may be the difference. My ears are just shaped wrong.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #3,234 of 62,573
OH - I have an update on my E8 experience. Yesterday evening I was cleaning out my daughter's closet and I was wearing the E8s while I did it, trying to listen detailed and figure out why mine sound so different. Anyway, I found her old 1st-2nd grade earmuffs. They were very tiny and cute. Because I'm that guy, I put them on my head. The earmuffs "mushed" the top of my ears against my head and the bottom part of my ear moved out away from my head as a result. They also pulled my ears back away from my face toward the back of my head. The E8s suddenly sounded much more bassy and full. Took them off, back to the same thinner, more clinical sound. It was amazing and re-creatable each time I fiddled with the earmuffs. I could do it by playing with moving my ears around with my fingers, but when I let go it went back. Unfortunately, spinfits, spiral dots, complys and regular silicones could not recreate the effect.

If you look at the last pic in my post comparing the Senns and E8s physically (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-180#post-14640561), you'll see that the Senns have a more pronounced angle "up" at the tip.

I 100% can believe this is the case. The e8's have a... peculiar fit that works perfectly for me but then I seem to be blessed with the world's most generic ear canals so medium sized tips on literally every universal IEM work perfectly on me.

HOWEVER, as to that "peculiar" fit, I've noticed that no matter what I do, the e8 will "drift" after a little while. They rotate a tad and won't sit as deeply, likely the total lack of "wing" or other bracing feature that makes the MW07 such a great fit. For me, this doesn't make one honk of a difference but given how loathe they are to sit in a deeply-inserted position I absolutely could believe they fall out of the right spot for a ton of people.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #3,235 of 62,573
I 100% can believe this is the case. The e8's have a... peculiar fit that works perfectly for me but then I seem to be blessed with the world's most generic ear canals so medium sized tips on literally every universal IEM work perfectly on me.

HOWEVER, as to that "peculiar" fit, I've noticed that no matter what I do, the e8 will "drift" after a little while. They rotate a tad and won't sit as deeply, likely the total lack of "wing" or other bracing feature that makes the MW07 such a great fit. For me, this doesn't make one honk of a difference but given how loathe they are to sit in a deeply-inserted position I absolutely could believe they fall out of the right spot for a ton of people.

I get a good fit with large SpinFit tips, could not get propper seal with the stock tips, but yes they do wander and have to be pushed back in from time to time if I’m moving while wearing them, the left is more prone as my left ear canal is larger than my right

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #3,236 of 62,573

I get a good fit with large SpinFit tips, could not get propper seal with the stock tips, but yes they do wander and have to be pushed back in from time to time if I’m moving while wearing them, the left is more prone as my left ear canal is larger than my right

So, since I'm not interested in a surgical procedure, is there anything to be done but to move on here? I really like the way the E8s look, the way the case works, the way it looks, etc. better than the Senns. Pretty much everything is better on the E8s except the sound. Kind of a shame.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #3,237 of 62,573

Same here. In the same league as the MW07 sound-wise but with the battery life of a champ. Amazon had them yesterday for $192 AND 10% off if you used your Amazon Store Card. They are back up to $220 right now without the 10% promo. I priced matched them at Best Buy for $192, but I was OK forgoing the additional 10%, since I prefer the ability to directly return in the store same-day.

These are good enough for enjoyable listening sessions. Gotta say, I love not having wires. Streaming from Apple Music (AAC) over the XS Max to the E8 sounds great. I get the moves like Jagger.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #3,238 of 62,573
the only problem was that the case was plugged in and showed green before I left the house so should have been fully charged.

My Senns (both the IEMs and the case) lose power remarkably fast when in transit - any time that it's not just sitting still on a table or desktop. I don't know why. I can charge them overnight, stick them in my briefcase, then at work the case and the buds are 60% or so. It's a 20 minute drive and a 5-10 minute walk.

In contrast, on a weekend I charge overnight and then disconnect and leave them on my nightstand. Come back many hours later and everything's 100% or close to it.

Wondering if the E8's elastic band is even more useful than I thought.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #3,239 of 62,573

I can legit tell you my first pair sounded different and it was not fit, seal, etc. You should be able to tell if properly inserted by ear pressure, ambient sounds, etc. If you over-pressurize, it will also affect the sound. As SomeGuyDude has indicated in this thread, the E8 does take some trial and error for the proper fit, but it seems to fit most people eventually.

It sounds like you may have a deep, perhaps wider ear canal, so I would recommend some slightly longer, wider ear tips. At the very least, I would go with some longer ear tips. My Tunai Drum has some nice deeper ear tips that I threw on the E8 and they work fantastic.

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #3,240 of 62,573
Enjoying the MW07 more and more. Would still love any compatible Comply tip recommendations if anyone’s been using them with.
i would recommend symbio w tips. Comply true pro grip r whatever the name is.. r available in one size and it doesnt fit me. try looking for any comply tips that u may already own..

edit: spell checked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back