Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 19, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #3,196 of 62,989
Having reacquainted myself with the MW07, for those comparing them to the Senns, I think the biggest difference between the 2 is that the MW07 have a real sense of soundstage which is unusual in the TW space.
What a gift to have 60 year old ears! :) On my MW07 I don't hear significant left side hiss during silence, for sure it's not "noticeable" to me. Same with my 65t, despite @SomeGuyDude experience with 5 or whatever pairs. With MW07 it could be minor elevated noise floor if I really try to muscle my left ear. Not much different from my wired AKG K701 cans when plugged into a weak source without a proper head-amp.

It probably is an elevated noise floor. I wouldn't call it significant it's just strange that it's present on left side only on all 3 pairs. I've stopped worrying about it. If it was truly the noise floor, I would expect to hear it on both sides.

Dec 19, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #3,198 of 62,989
Check out the apple store, they used to sell RHA and allowed returns

Dec 19, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #3,199 of 62,989
For those of you who bought the Sennheiser from their website did they take your money right away if being shipped or waited. They took my money but I have not got a shipping notice yet and now the site says its on backorder. I'm just wondering if I'm getting it soon or January. I'm fine either way just curious to when.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #3,200 of 62,989
For those of you who bought the Sennheiser from their website did they take your money right away if being shipped or waited. They took my money but I have not got a shipping notice yet and now the site says its on backorder. I'm just wondering if I'm getting it soon or January. I'm fine either way just curious to when.

I just got mine Tuesday after a purchase early last week (Tuesday/weds I think). Said it was backordered till Jan though, I'm really not sure why I got them earlier. Maybe the back order isn't that bad?

Sorry to jack this reply post but I also wanted to post some impressions so far.

• Eq is basically a range of hd6x0 to hd700. A small hill shape is working well for me.
  • Sibilance is pretty awful on these if you don't Eq it but I like the extra air in the treble if I got em on before 10pm.
  • Sbc sounds like garbage.
  • Detail sounds quite a bit worse than my chain without my Eitr, so don't expect AptX to help you much there. Also I can't listen to classical on these at a loud volume, the deficiencies and lack of clarity become extremely apparent.
  • Transparent hearing means your music/media better be playing damn soft if you want to hear people speaking to you at a normal volume while you listen to content

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #3,201 of 62,989
As before, this song crackles pretty much non-stop on the right at higher volumes (iPhone XS as source)—to such a degree that I cannot appreciate the song. Nothing on the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless, also using the same phone's Bluetooth.

Relatedly, my MTWs also make the high-pitched noise on the left between 20 and 120 Hz on your tone generator.

You don't have a AptX device to test? The excerpt that spotify played of that song sounded great to me.

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #3,202 of 62,989
they only took my money the day before mine shipped when they came off backorder.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #3,203 of 62,989
I listen at around 50-60% so cant comment on high volume listening but listen to everything from classical to jazz to rock and like them with my all genres.fir the only time I hear sibilance is if it's in the song.

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #3,204 of 62,989
According to their website, the Havit G1 support AAC.
https://www.prohavit.com/g1-series-tws-true-wireless-earbuds/#specs

They are also branded under the Soundstream name. I saw them at Fry's Electronics for $99.99.
https://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-h2GO-Wireless-Earbuds-Charging/dp/B07KCN1R1W
Huh it’s interesting that there’s a rebrand of it already, but not that surprising i guess

Also regarding the AAC, it’s a little weird that they only mention it in some places; it’s not even in their official manual. I’m more than happy with the sound, but I’d take the AAC (and bluetooth 5) claims with a pinch of salt

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #3,205 of 62,989
to Be fair they’re already rebranded from the Kickstarter version, the originals were hakii hgroov the rebrand is havit g1 and now we have a third rebrand. Agreed though that even in official documents there is no mention of aac. They’re good for what they are at the price they are though

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #3,206 of 62,989
You don't have a AptX device to test? The excerpt that spotify played of that song sounded great to me.
It sounds the same with aptx, and also when using Apple Music.
I think you have to know which noises you look for...
Do you hear the crackle here? Right side. Start at 38 sec.

Did you test the tone generator? Mid/high pitch noise on left side with aptx/aac? (Both with SBC)
http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ (20-50hz)

Edit: Remember, you need some volume to hear it clearly.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #3,207 of 62,989
Hi all...

Really disappointed with the connectivity of my MTW... I read that there was issues with the fact that sometimes, even when putting the ears in the case, they remain ON instead of being in OFF mode... I resetted the ears by touching the two faceplates, the ears in the charging case but nothing.. the problem remains... I also restarted the app but now it even has problem to pair correctly with the phone... I have to pair it manualy but to shut them down, I have to close the bluetooth... Is there another solution?

Thank you all..

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #3,208 of 62,989
Hi all...

Really disappointed with the connectivity of my MTW... I read that there was issues with the fact that sometimes, even when putting the ears in the case, they remain ON instead of being in OFF mode... I resetted the ears by touching the two faceplates, the ears in the charging case but nothing.. the problem remains... I also restarted the app but now it even has problem to pair correctly with the phone... I have to pair it manualy but to shut them down, I have to close the bluetooth... Is there another solution?

Thank you all..
I would like to help, but I haven't experienced the issues you are having.
The resetting you say, by touching the two faceplates... when touching those two together, you only set the buds in pairing mode.
Have you tried resetting the buds within the app, and deleting them from the bluetooth list. Then pair them, and registering the LE_Momentum TW with the app again?

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #3,209 of 62,989
Thank you BigZ12,

Yess I tried to reset both, buds and app but nothing... the system don't understand anymore the fact that when I put the bud in the case, it must shut down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back