Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 17, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #30,811 of 63,214
I just got these EarFun Free Pro earbuds to replace my aged Anbes 359 (which are bulletproof btw ... I have a NIB set as a backup but haven't needed them). I use them solely to work out, and I'm liking them for that purpose. I have a couple questions:

1. Since the shaft/nozzle isn't round, how do I know what aftermarket ear tips will work? For instance, does anyone know which size SpinFits work? Or any other brand?

2. I had to really turn down the bass. I use Wavelet on my Samsung Galaxy S10. Does anybody have any EQ settings I could compare to? I've got them pretty close to where I want them, but I'm curious how others have tuned them.

Thanks for any info that can be shared.
Huh...never noticed the tips weren't circles until you mentioned it. CP360s worked just fine on them (Mediums tend to work in my ears). As long as the measurements are relatively similar to the CP360's shaft and bore, you should be good with any other set as well.

Yes, they're overwhelming in bass when you come from something neutral. The only EQ settings I've been using are generated based on my ears (I use Neutralizer). If you can swing a few bucks for the app, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Basically gives every pair you own SoundID, wired or otherwise, each with their own individual presets. Think I remember it being 5 USD or less. Alternatively, you could see if someone's made an AutoEQ profile for it and run Wavelet/Neutron instead.

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #30,812 of 63,214
I had the driver flex on my left Noble Falcon Pro monitor till I switched to Symbio hybrid ear tips with foam inside. The flex is gone now.
https://symbioeartips.com/
IMG_0065.jpeg

Mar 17, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #30,813 of 63,214
I kind of want to try the Falcon Pro, though the OG Falcon’s I have are a bit V-shaped :p I also like the tiny case the OG Falcons have, it’s smaller than the APP case!

Mar 17, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #30,814 of 63,214
Huh...never noticed the tips weren't circles until you mentioned it. CP360s worked just fine on them (Mediums tend to work in my ears). As long as the measurements are relatively similar to the CP360's shaft and bore, you should be good with any other set as well.

Yes, they're overwhelming in bass when you come from something neutral. The only EQ settings I've been using are generated based on my ears (I use Neutralizer). If you can swing a few bucks for the app, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Basically gives every pair you own SoundID, wired or otherwise, each with their own individual presets. Think I remember it being 5 USD or less. Alternatively, you could see if someone's made an AutoEQ profile for it and run Wavelet/Neutron instead.
Thanks for the quick answer ... that really helps. I'll try Neutralizer. And the CP360s

You said "Wavelet/Neutron". Neutron as in the Neutron Music Player? I stream every thing from Qobuz. I'm not sure if that app will work for me (if that's what you're referring to). Or did you mean Wavelet/Neutralizer?

Mar 17, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #30,815 of 63,214
Thanks for the quick answer ... that really helps. I'll try Neutralizer. And the CP360s

You said "Wavelet/Neutron". Neutron as in the Neutron Music Player? I stream every thing from Qobuz. I'm not sure if that app will work for me (if that's what you're referring to). Or did you mean Wavelet/Neutralizer?
Sadly, no, though UAPP does support Qobuz. I mentioned Wavelet and Neutron together because they both utilize the AutoEQ database (aka oratory1990 and Friends' neutralization EQ curves). If you just want to run the native Qobuz app, then you'd only need to run Wavelet or Neutralizer in addition to it.

Mar 17, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #30,816 of 63,214
Another budget model...
1616023018171.png

1616023080974.png

Cheap, a couple colors, light, plenty of battery, Quick charge 40 min. to full, Titanium coated driver, and full controls with volume and track control. No ambient or other features though.

Mar 17, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #30,817 of 63,214
Another budget model...
1616023018171.png
1616023080974.png
Cheap, a couple colors, light, plenty of battery, Quick charge 40 min. to full, Titanium coated driver, and full controls with volume and track control. No ambient or other features though.
I ordered these a week or so ago from their international store. I'll definitely provide impressions once it arrives, but I wouldn't expect too much from it given the price point.

Mar 17, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #30,818 of 63,214
I ordered these a week or so ago from their international store. I'll definitely provide impressions once it arrives, but I wouldn't expect too much from it given the price point.
Someone said better than TWS1 and X3 but not better sounding than NB2. No real burn in or tip rolling so it seems solid not spectacular. Getting your moneys worth. A Soundpeats Sonic competitor.

Mar 17, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #30,819 of 63,214
Someone said better than TWS1 and X3 but not better sounding than NB2. No real burn in or tip rolling so it seems solid not spectacular. Getting your moneys worth. A Soundpeats Sonic competitor.
The NW2 are on sale today if you'd like to put that to the test. Think they're marked down to 80 USD at the moment.

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #30,820 of 63,214
If I were to get any, I'd be looking at one of these two:

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...black-the-mercury-true-wireless-4-9mm-3-pack/
https://www.amazon.com/Comply-Truly...d=1&keywords=comply+tws&qid=1616015746&sr=8-3

But I have spent so much lately; I'm forcing myself to go on a break and learn to enjoy what I have. To be honest, though, I wouldn't bother with foams on the EA75t. I would wholeheartedly recommend these instead:

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...-for-true-wireless-bluetooth-earphone-2-pairs

IMG_20210317_135919_2.jpg
And then these guys showed up. Man, there's just something about the UE FITS packaging that's just fun and fresh...and minimal...but I really can't understand for the life of me why they thought it necessary to include 2 pamphlets of safety information, one which I'm pretty sure I can hold onto in case I need shade on a hot day.

Regardless, I gingerly removed the old tips and installed the new, significantly larger tips onto the FITS per the guided instructions on the FITS app. Once I found a makeshift bite block, I pushed in a little harder than last time and patiently waited for the process to finish. Let me tell you, it feels very, very weird when the stem starts moving into your inner ear. Nothing uncomfortable, though.

The end result has left me all smiles so far. Fitment feels much more secure. I can shake my head all over the place and open my mouth wide (for those Dokken vocals, man) and the seal doesn't shift at all. Now they live up to their name and that's the best I could ask for.

Which brings me to the final point: if you can swing the asking price for these and just want a listening set that can handle the occasional phone call as well, these are still probably going to sit at the top of my recommended list. They are a sound signature you'll have to get used to if you're coming from the vast majority of U or V-shaped pairs on the market, but I think you might find yourself wanting to. Guess we'll see what @erockg thinks after he's had some time with them :)
Never Unchain the Night, Dude. Lynch rules.

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #30,821 of 63,214
I had the driver flex on my left Noble Falcon Pro monitor till I switched to Symbio hybrid ear tips with foam inside. The flex is gone now.
https://symbioeartips.com/IMG_0065.jpeg
Holy crap those are large. How do you get them to stay in your ears? I can barely get them in with the medium stock tips.

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #30,822 of 63,214
Sadly, no, though UAPP does support Qobuz. I mentioned Wavelet and Neutron together because they both utilize the AutoEQ database (aka oratory1990 and Friends' neutralization EQ curves). If you just want to run the native Qobuz app, then you'd only need to run Wavelet or Neutralizer in addition to it.
Samsung phones have their own version of Netralizer baked in called Adapt Sound, which does the same thing. It has been a part of the samsung ecology for quit a few years now. I'm sort of surprised that no company has taken advantage of how well it works until recently.

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #30,823 of 63,214
Never Unchain the Night, Dude. Lynch rules.
Always felt like I appreciated Lynch more than most of the guitarists I was told to appreciate, much the same way I've got a soft spot for Malmsteen, corny as his stuff can be from time to time.

What's your take on the FITS so far?

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #30,825 of 63,214
Always felt like I appreciated Lynch more than most of the guitarists I was told to appreciate, much the same way I've got a soft spot for Malmsteen, corny as his stuff can be from time to time.

What's your take on the FITS so far?
I couldn't agree more Lynch was some of my favorite pickin in my youth. :)
No, you're not alone. I can't stand them and find them uncomfortable. Spiral dots for the win. Or Radio Shack ones.
Off topic, but I love your avatar. I used to love watching Dangermouse quah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back