Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 15, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #30,721 of 62,551
I think KEF just has limited supply here in the US. Same issue with their speakers...heard people were having trouble finding LS50 Metas when they first came out and they are still out of stock at many places (including KEF Direct and Crutchfield). Don't think I saw anyone complaining too much about the mu3 so didn't think there was anything to indicate that they pulled the mu3 like the others you mentioned. Seems like a solid product and I would have picked one up too if I were still commuting (and who knows when that will start again).
Just seemed odd there are almost 0 reviews online or videos on YouTube. They were for sale very briefly and now on backorder/preorder.

Mar 15, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #30,723 of 62,551
They have been backordered for a while now.
Man that sucks... I took a chance ordering them right away before I read any reviews, mainly based on their reputation with speakers and stuff. I was very much hoping they weren't all buggy

The only minor thing is that occasionally when i remove them from the case, they don't connect automatically to my iphone. If I just set them back in the case without even closing it, then when I lift them back out that connects just fine

I also wonder how firmware update will be handled since there isn't an app…

I just wore them at the gym and it's so awesome to just single press the left button for ambient mode without having to take them out if some clown interrupts my workout. Press again for "ANC off" then once more for blissful silence. I can't stand buds that have a whole bunch of buttons and complicated controls where you have to tap them a certain number of times, slide your finger around and all that crap

Mar 15, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #30,725 of 62,551
The Melomania 1s don't get that loud, either. Not a bad thing for me, as I'm 55 with some hearing loss and serious tinnitus. But yeah, the Melomania 1's will have trouble cutting through a lot of street noise.

Your fix is aces for those on Android!
Chiming in with the loud thing. I have the Melomania 1 and the Melomania 1+ (recently arrived). When I use the latter with my LG V30 (strictly used as a DAP, no service), I have to hold down the right phone button to boost the sound and it gets VERY loud. I can then adjust the volume using the volume switch on the LG. Not the case with my iPhone 8+, which is plenty loud from the jump using either Melomanias.

I have the same issue with a pair of Samsung Level On BT on-ear phones. I have to swipe up on the right side to get the volume loud, then adjust down with my phone (either Android or iOS). Weird.

I just stumbled on both situations because I was unhappy with the inability to get them loud enough. And I am not talking dangerously loud either.

My Android "disable absolute volume" in developer settings was already toggled to off.

Mar 15, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #30,726 of 62,551
Chiming in with the loud thing. I have the Melomania 1 and the Melomania 1+ (recently arrived). When I use the latter with my LG V30 (strictly used as a DAP, no service), I have to hold down the right phone button to boost the sound and it gets VERY loud. I can then adjust the volume using the volume switch on the LG. Not the case with my iPhone 8+, which is plenty loud from the jump using either Melomanias.

I have the same issue with a pair of Samsung Level On BT on-ear phones. I have to swipe up on the right side to get the volume loud, then adjust down with my phone (either Android or iOS). Weird.

I just stumbled on both situations because I was unhappy with the inability to get them loud enough. And I am not talking dangerously loud either.

My Android "disable absolute volume" in developer settings was already toggled to off.
No you toggle it to on. Then reboot phone. Then you can set the buds volume and phone volume separately. This somehow allows much louder volume the. When the buds and phone volume control are synced.

Mar 15, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #30,729 of 62,551
Does this method also work with buds that don't have their own independent volume control as well? I'm on Android.
Yes. Normally the buds are coupled to the phone and raising volume on but raises phone volume and vice versa.

Toggling this on decouples the 2.
Now if say your phone volume for Bluetooth is set at 50% your buds can lower and raise their independent volume but only to the max of 50% of the phone's. So if you set phone's Bluetooth to 100. Now you can control your buds from. 0 to 100 and for some reason this gets louder than when coupled.
Seems when volume is synced it is also limited.

Mar 15, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #30,730 of 62,551
Nobles are on the break-in bed today, but I continue to be happy with them. Really curious to see how the Final tips change the overall fit and sound sig. Definitely don't regret swapping out for the SpinFits. I've just come to realize that driver flex is a massive issue with the Noble Falcon Pros if they're inserted with any residual pressure (positive or negative) inside the ear. If you've never experienced driver flex, it can be as benign as sounding like crinkling metal every time you breathe in and out to as major as massive driver distortion, leading to potential driver failure. Since there's 2 BAs and a DD inside of each of these shells, it can produce all sorts of interesting changes in the NFP's sound if left unchecked. If you got a pair and everything sounds hollow or sucked out, chances are you either have a phase issue or, in my case, one of the drivers is being mechanically bound (that sounds so bad to even type out, let alone think about).

At this point, the most effective technique for me has been to pull on my ear to widen the canal and just kinda rest the IEM down instead of pushing it in. Once I release my ear, the canal contracts and makes for an effective seal. Just doesn't produce the most confident fit; I may go back to the stock tips and fiddle around with this some more, but these really could have used a vent of some sort. The pressure control issues are just too much and you're going to have to decide if you're okay with that. Personally, I think I'll manage; I have plenty of other pairs I can use if I need to move around more.

Totally forgot about it, but I somehow must have ordered a set of Elite 75T Actives in Navy Blue last week and not remembered it. Put them on the charger; will give impressions sometime tomorrow, most likely.

Oh and for the first battery test of the NFPs, I've used the same test case as previous and left Hear Through off. Currently sitting at 35% after about 5 hours of continuous play. That's pretty respectable, especially considering how much extra juice you can get out of the case.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #30,731 of 62,551
IMG_20210315_144707.jpg

Just arrived. Makes more sense now why there's virtually no domestic availability; they haven't even made domestic packaging. Which one should I open first?

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #30,732 of 62,551
No you toggle it to on. Then reboot phone. Then you can set the buds volume and phone volume separately. This somehow allows much louder volume the. When the buds and phone volume control are synced.
Well it seems this varies a lot between Android device. Samsung used to have a "media volume sync" which was a quick toggle that worked similarly but since it was removed some users have complained that disable absolute volume made the volume lower than what MVS did. It's especially annoying on earbuds without built-in volume control. I have a 3.5mm Bluetooth receiver that sounds badly distorted unless I disable absolute volume. My Astrotec S60 used to be very loud when I toggled MVS off and on but for whatever reason it got greyed out for this specific device after my phone got a firmware update and is now barely loud enough on my phone. The Earfun Free (Olulz edition) was just fine for me but other users experienced low volume on other Android devices which some solved with absolute volume but others could not.

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #30,733 of 62,551

Just arrived. Makes more sense now why there's virtually no domestic availability; they haven't even made domestic packaging. Which one should I open first?
Spoiler alert: get these if you have the MT. Just do it.

Two words: cleaner midrange. Yes, it gets even cleaner. I took a couple photos of the tips (installed) with no qualifiers. Can you figure out which one is the Final and which one is the stock MT tip?

IMG_20210315_150417.jpg
IMG_20210315_150353.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #30,734 of 62,551
Nobles are on the break-in bed today, but I continue to be happy with them. Really curious to see how the Final tips change the overall fit and sound sig. Definitely don't regret swapping out for the SpinFits. I've just come to realize that driver flex is a massive issue with the Noble Falcon Pros if they're inserted with any residual pressure (positive or negative) inside the ear. If you've never experienced driver flex, it can be as benign as sounding like crinkling metal every time you breathe in and out to as major as massive driver distortion, leading to potential driver failure. Since there's 2 BAs and a DD inside of each of these shells, it can produce all sorts of interesting changes in the NFP's sound if left unchecked. If you got a pair and everything sounds hollow or sucked out, chances are you either have a phase issue or, in my case, one of the drivers is being mechanically bound (that sounds so bad to even type out, let alone think about).

At this point, the most effective technique for me has been to pull on my ear to widen the canal and just kinda rest the IEM down instead of pushing it in. Once I release my ear, the canal contracts and makes for an effective seal. Just doesn't produce the most confident fit; I may go back to the stock tips and fiddle around with this some more, but these really could have used a vent of some sort. The pressure control issues are just too much and you're going to have to decide if you're okay with that. Personally, I think I'll manage; I have plenty of other pairs I can use if I need to move around more.

Totally forgot about it, but I somehow must have ordered a set of Elite 75T Actives in Navy Blue last week and not remembered it. Put them on the charger; will give impressions sometime tomorrow, most likely.

Oh and for the first battery test of the NFPs, I've used the same test case as previous and left Hear Through off. Currently sitting at 35% after about 5 hours of continuous play. That's pretty respectable, especially considering how much extra juice you can get out of the case.
I have the 75t Active's currently and can't wait to hear your impressions. I've always felt Jabra refines and tweaks their tuning with their Active sets. I feel the 75t Active's bass is leaner and tighter compared to the bloated mess of the regular 75t's when I had the latter earlier last year. I think they listened to the feedback. Iam quite eager how the 75 Active t compares to your 85t once you compare them against each other as I plan on getting the 85t Active when they release them later this year. That is as long as they keep the IPX7 rating :)

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #30,735 of 62,551
Spoiler alert: get these if you have the MT. Just do it.

Two words: cleaner midrange. Yes, it gets even cleaner. I took a couple photos of the tips (installed) with no qualifiers. Can you figure out which one is the Final and which one is the stock MT tip?

IMG_20210315_150417.jpg
IMG_20210315_150353.jpg
How are bass and highs? I read that final type e apparently amplifies the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back