Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 15, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #30,736 of 62,500
Spoiler alert: get these if you have the MT. Just do it.

Two words: cleaner midrange. Yes, it gets even cleaner. I took a couple photos of the tips (installed) with no qualifiers. Can you figure out which one is the Final and which one is the stock MT tip?

Well if you have any leftovers I'll buy them. But between cost and shipping time it's not really option for me as I would need a medium and a large I believe.

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #30,737 of 62,500
How are bass and highs? I read that final type e apparently amplifies the bass.
Bass is cleaned up, but the impact also seems to have been boosted as well. Don't hear much of an effect in the treble, but the upper midrange seems to have come out of its shell and I feel like stage width has improved as well.

This varies wildly from TWS to TWS, though. This is especially true with the Technics, in which case I lost what midbass that set did have, regardless of which size tip I used. They're a match made in heaven for the 75t Active, and seem to take a head-in-the-subwoofer level of bass down enough to play along with the rest of the instruments. Still wouldn't try to run Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings on them, but they do help quite a bit...and I haven't done any EQ adjustments yet.
Well if you have any leftovers I'll buy them. But between cost and shipping time it's not really option for me as I would need a medium and a large I believe.
I'll go through the rest of the pairs to see what I'd need to stock up on, but good news is those MTMT guys deliver.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #30,738 of 62,500

Just arrived. Makes more sense now why there's virtually no domestic availability; they haven't even made domestic packaging. Which one should I open first?
Do you have a link on where you purchased these? And do the sound change as you move your head and neck around? It's a constant issue with the stock tips.

And look like they finally have the release notes on the v1.3.1 firmware:

Updates:

• Improved reliability of auto power-on when taking earphones out of charging case.
  • Improved reliability of auto power-off when putting earphones into charging case.
  • Added “Waiting to pair” voice prompt on removal from charging case after a system reset or when not previously paired.
  • Added battery power indication when only one earphone is powered on.
  • Improve call quality to increase sound volume in the receiving device and reduce ambient noise from the earphones.
  • Improved volume synchronisation on One plus phones.
  • Improve stereo drift whilst the volume is synchronizing and adjusting at low volume on Huawei phones.
  • Disable auto power-off when transparency is on and playing audio is paused.
  • System reset no longer resets the voice prompt language to English.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #30,739 of 62,500
Some people might not be happy to hear this, but the Jabra Elite Active 75t (EA75t, for short... it's catchy) is turning out to be everything I wished the 85t were in some respects; enough so that I'm going to say this:

Depending on what you listen to, the EA75t is a better buy than the 85t, even if price wasn't a factor.

Yes, the 85t has better ANC, but even being able to compare ANC between these two is awesome, considering it was done by software update (mentioned before, but worth mentioning again)! It doesn't compare to pairs that were developed around the tech, like the 85t or Technics AZ70W, but they do really darn well around the house.

For me, it's not even about the ANC, though. The EA75t just fits better. There's something oddly ergonomic about the way they fit in my ears. In a sense, they're how I wished the JBLs fit (yet unfortunately don't). They don't protrude like crazy, either, but definitely enough for the mic to pick up my voice, even masked and in the middle of a busy supermarket (wife never complained...win). Once they're in, they don't budge. At all. I even tested it with some Static-X and, while the room won't stop spinning and I regret going for that second glass of scotch first, the Jabras haven't moved.

It's bloated to the gills with bass in stock form, though. Luckily, I have the Final Type E TWS that just came in today to swap out and I'm so glad I did. Granted, you're still going to hate these on classical, jazz, binaural beats, or anything massively complex. The Jabra traded sophistication for grunt in the form of legitimate sub-bass, whether it's an amount you like or not and, while the Final tips are good, they don't make magic happen. Good news is you'll be all smiles for the stuff that you'd normally want to crank to 11. Big Bottoms slams on these. Just sayin'.

Get the 85t if you're going to want to listen to more refined material. The EA75t's energy doesn't translate over to these genres well. I don't know many people who are breaking PRs while jamming out to sick arias, but do whatever floats your boat.

Do you have a link on where you purchased these? And do the sound change as you move your head and neck around? It's a constant issue with the stock tips.

And look like they finally have the release notes on the v1.3.1 firmware:

Updates:

• Improved reliability of auto power-on when taking earphones out of charging case.
  • Improved reliability of auto power-off when putting earphones into charging case.
  • Added “Waiting to pair” voice prompt on removal from charging case after a system reset or when not previously paired.
  • Added battery power indication when only one earphone is powered on.
  • Improve call quality to increase sound volume in the receiving device and reduce ambient noise from the earphones.
  • Improved volume synchronisation on One plus phones.
  • Improve stereo drift whilst the volume is synchronizing and adjusting at low volume on Huawei phones.
  • Disable auto power-off when transparency is on and playing audio is paused.
  • System reset no longer resets the voice prompt language to English.
Sure. Here you go:
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...ooth-earphone-2-pairs#judgeme_product_reviews

They also have some other fun ones you could try out, like the SednaEarFit that I mentioned earlier. As for whether I hear any sonic changes when I move my head, I don't, but I also don't think that was ever a problem for me on the stock tips.

Great find on the release notes and, yes, I can confirm the British lady saying "waiting to pair" gets me one step closer to a certain one of DankPod's speakers and I'm all for that.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #30,740 of 62,500
Some people might not be happy to hear this, but the Jabra Elite Active 75t (EA75t, for short... it's catchy) is turning out to be everything I wished the 85t were in some respects; enough so that I'm going to say this:

Depending on what you listen to, the EA75t is a better buy than the 85t, even if price wasn't a factor.

Yes, the 85t has better ANC, but even being able to compare ANC between these two is awesome, considering it was done by software update (mentioned before, but worth mentioning again)! It doesn't compare to pairs that were developed around the tech, like the 85t or Technics AZ70W, but they do really darn well around the house.

For me, it's not even about the ANC, though. The EA75t just fits better. There's something oddly ergonomic about the way they fit in my ears. In a sense, they're how I wished the JBLs fit (yet unfortunately don't). They don't protrude like crazy, either, but definitely enough for the mic to pick up my voice, even masked and in the middle of a busy supermarket (wife never complained...win). Once they're in, they don't budge. At all. I even tested it with some Static-X and, while the room won't stop spinning and I regret going for that second glass of scotch first, the Jabras haven't moved.

It's bloated to the gills with bass in stock form, though. Luckily, I have the Final Type E TWS that just came in today to swap out and I'm so glad I did. Granted, you're still going to hate these on classical, jazz, binaural beats, or anything massively complex. The Jabra traded sophistication for grunt in the form of legitimate sub-bass, whether it's an amount you like or not and, while the Final tips are good, they don't make magic happen. Good news is you'll be all smiles for the stuff that you'd normally want to crank to 11. Big Bottoms slams on these. Just sayin'.

Get the 85t if you're going to want to listen to more refined material. The EA75t's energy doesn't translate over to these genres well. I don't know many people who are breaking PRs while jamming out to sick arias, but do whatever floats your boat.

Sure. Here you go:
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...ooth-earphone-2-pairs#judgeme_product_reviews

They also have some other fun ones you could try out, like the SednaEarFit that I mentioned earlier. As for whether I hear any sonic changes when I move my head, I don't, but I also don't think that was ever a problem for me on the stock tips.

Great find on the release notes and, yes, I can confirm the British lady saying "waiting to pair" gets me one step closer to a certain one of DankPod's speakers and I'm all for that.
I much preferred the fit of the 65t to the 85t. However the soundstage was narrow. Bass was bloated but with great sub bass. Also the treble is much stronger but harsh. 85t is opposite in the high end and wider soundstage.
75t are the perfect workout buds but not for pure listening.

Mar 15, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #30,741 of 62,500
I much preferred the fit of the 65t to the 85t. However the soundstage was narrow. Bass was bloated but with great sub bass. Also the treble is much stronger but harsh. 85t is opposite in the high end and wider soundstage.
75t are the perfect workout buds but not for pure listening.
They're still the first Jabras I've ever claimed enjoying listening to. I consider those high marks.

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #30,742 of 62,500
They're still the first Jabras I've ever claimed enjoying listening to. I consider those high marks.
My journey for the perfect buds started with the 75t actives. For casual poobedm listening and working out they were a great all around earbud.
But I also had the buds + and Liberty 2 pro at the time and decided to go down the rabbit hole and find the perfect earbud.

Well it doesn't yet exist. I think if I had 3 earbuds that I can mix into 1 I could find that unicorn.

So for now I have decided to try to go to 2 buds to cover all my needs.

Right now The MT are there to fill the need for sound quality with a secure fit that make it great for listening to music or working out.

The 2nd set right now are for more practical use. So ancand wauloty ambient modes and great call quality to use in more work type setting or commute/ travel, etc.
So far in that category the options would be the 85t, freebuds pro, XM3, Bose, Technics/Panasonic, MTW2,
JBL,Liberty air 2 pro, galaxy buds pro....

Of all those I have only not tried the Bose as the size outs me off.
Some on that list I had hoped would be that perfect bud but:

JBL could not get a secure fit for workouts. Button control was literally hit or miss and limited. Ambient was great but ANC was useless.

85t was so close. Functionality was great with 2 exceptions. The multipairing would lead to audio dropouts on my iPad when 2 devices connected. Sound for me even with ton of time was just not exciting. It was a sif lol the vocals and instruments played the right sound but they didn't add up to something that engaged me the way JBL or MT do. And also for me even with largest tips I always was adjusting the buds as they would move around in the ear.
They would be an excellent choice as an all arounders with great ANC however and perfect for professional use.

MTW2 were disappointing. Soundstage and treble detail was amazing. Volume too low and lower midrange was muffle din several genres. ANC was below average and case was on the big side. Call quality was terrible with many robotic sounding artifacts. Battery life was below average as well.

Galaxy buds pro were very nice. Great details d sound though treble was a bit too prominent. ANC when I could get a secure fit was very good though not top class. Ambient amazing. But could not for life of me get proper seal and fit was actually painful beyond 20 minutes. ( Us Amazon has so e 3rd party tips out. If those ever come here would try these again)

XM3 might be a good choice for their excellent ANC and very good sound. Case and buds are bulky but I can get good fit and seal. Call wuity is only ok and can't control everything from the buds. Still at their current on sale price they were nearly half the cost of the MTW2. Might still be a keeper.

Liberty air 2 pro lasted literally 2 hours at my house. Just hated the stems that were too long and rub against my face. In ear comfort was terrible and sound was not great as could get a good seal despite 80 included eartips.

Technics have very good ANC. They have a detailed sound but without sufficient bass for me and thus some music just sounded bland while others,female vocals or pianos were great. Boy did I have a lot of errant button presses trying to adjust them as I could never get a fit that felt like they wouldn't fall out. Felt like tumors were growing out of my ears. Did not like the case either. Despite the aluminum trim it felt cheap and flimsy and the buds never seated prophet on the first go. To me they should never sell for more than 150$.

Now onto the freebuds pro. ANC is best I've heard. Ambient mode is great. The controls are all there including volume control. Has nice size case with Qi charging.
Despite the stem design has good fit and seal.
Only negatives which are minor so far are no IP rating like the Sony, though I have read in several places they say it is splash resistant and likely around ipx4.
Other issue was sound profile. There is no in built EQ and while the stock sound is very nice with great Bass, the treble is a bit rolled off and missing some detail similar to 85t. Volume was a bit lower than the Sony as well.
That said with wavelet I stalled I used the system wide graphic EQ and boosted the treble and got it to where I like it. Also the disable absolute volume control trick work around seems to have gotten me the missing volume should I need it. I ktially there as no app for iPhone bit there is now. Only issue is not having EQ on Apple though. I heard they might add EQ in software update. They really do support these. Since release in September there have been no less than 6 firmware updates.
If they had the MT sound my journey would be over. But they sound much better than I thought they would. With nice instruments separation and soundstage. Better in that regard than the 85t. And they sound more exciting to my ears than the 85t.
My ears still get a bit sore after listening for a when but new buds often do this and they are only 2 days old.
If I had to travel and take 1 pair it would likely be these as they hit all my needs and the call quality and multipairing are great.

Hope this post helps some people.

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #30,743 of 62,500
My journey for the perfect buds started with the 75t actives. For casual poobedm listening and working out they were a great all around earbud.
But I also had the buds + and Liberty 2 pro at the time and decided to go down the rabbit hole and find the perfect earbud.

Well it doesn't yet exist. I think if I had 3 earbuds that I can mix into 1 I could find that unicorn.

So for now I have decided to try to go to 2 buds to cover all my needs.

Right now The MT are there to fill the need for sound quality with a secure fit that make it great for listening to music or working out.

The 2nd set right now are for more practical use. So ancand wauloty ambient modes and great call quality to use in more work type setting or commute/ travel, etc.
So far in that category the options would be the 85t, freebuds pro, XM3, Bose, Technics/Panasonic, MTW2,
JBL,Liberty air 2 pro, galaxy buds pro....

Of all those I have only not tried the Bose as the size outs me off.
Some on that list I had hoped would be that perfect bud but:

JBL could not get a secure fit for workouts. Button control was literally hit or miss and limited. Ambient was great but ANC was useless.

85t was so close. Functionality was great with 2 exceptions. The multipairing would lead to audio dropouts on my iPad when 2 devices connected. Sound for me even with ton of time was just not exciting. It was a sif lol the vocals and instruments played the right sound but they didn't add up to something that engaged me the way JBL or MT do. And also for me even with largest tips I always was adjusting the buds as they would move around in the ear.
They would be an excellent choice as an all arounders with great ANC however and perfect for professional use.

MTW2 were disappointing. Soundstage and treble detail was amazing. Volume too low and lower midrange was muffle din several genres. ANC was below average and case was on the big side. Call quality was terrible with many robotic sounding artifacts. Battery life was below average as well.

Galaxy buds pro were very nice. Great details d sound though treble was a bit too prominent. ANC when I could get a secure fit was very good though not top class. Ambient amazing. But could not for life of me get proper seal and fit was actually painful beyond 20 minutes. ( Us Amazon has so e 3rd party tips out. If those ever come here would try these again)

XM3 might be a good choice for their excellent ANC and very good sound. Case and buds are bulky but I can get good fit and seal. Call wuity is only ok and can't control everything from the buds. Still at their current on sale price they were nearly half the cost of the MTW2. Might still be a keeper.

Liberty air 2 pro lasted literally 2 hours at my house. Just hated the stems that were too long and rub against my face. In ear comfort was terrible and sound was not great as could get a good seal despite 80 included eartips.

Technics have very good ANC. They have a detailed sound but without sufficient bass for me and thus some music just sounded bland while others,female vocals or pianos were great. Boy did I have a lot of errant button presses trying to adjust them as I could never get a fit that felt like they wouldn't fall out. Felt like tumors were growing out of my ears. Did not like the case either. Despite the aluminum trim it felt cheap and flimsy and the buds never seated prophet on the first go. To me they should never sell for more than 150$.

Now onto the freebuds pro. ANC is best I've heard. Ambient mode is great. The controls are all there including volume control. Has nice size case with Qi charging.
Despite the stem design has good fit and seal.
Only negatives which are minor so far are no IP rating like the Sony, though I have read in several places they say it is splash resistant and likely around ipx4.
Other issue was sound profile. There is no in built EQ and while the stock sound is very nice with great Bass, the treble is a bit rolled off and missing some detail similar to 85t. Volume was a bit lower than the Sony as well.
That said with wavelet I stalled I used the system wide graphic EQ and boosted the treble and got it to where I like it. Also the disable absolute volume control trick work around seems to have gotten me the missing volume should I need it. I ktially there as no app for iPhone bit there is now. Only issue is not having EQ on Apple though. I heard they might add EQ in software update. They really do support these. Since release in September there have been no less than 6 firmware updates.
If they had the MT sound my journey would be over. But they sound much better than I thought they would. With nice instruments separation and soundstage. Better in that regard than the 85t. And they sound more exciting to my ears than the 85t.
My ears still get a bit sore after listening for a when but new buds often do this and they are only 2 days old.
If I had to travel and take 1 pair it would likely be these as they hit all my needs and the call quality and multipairing are great.

Hope this post helps some people.
I think the MT was an unexpected smash hit, once the wrinkles got ironed out. It's crazy how the more stuff I try, the more I just want to come back to the MTs for a little while longer. They don't care what you're listening on or to; they don't throw tantrums with poor-quality recordings. Even audio sync, while not perfect, is more than usable as a daily driver.

If you're casually lurking and asking yourself for a recommendation, I suggest you start here.

Mar 16, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #30,744 of 62,500
I think the MT was an unexpected smash hit, once the wrinkles got ironed out. It's crazy how the more stuff I try, the more I just want to come back to the MTs for a little while longer. They don't care what you're listening on or to; they don't throw tantrums with poor-quality recordings. Even audio sync, while not perfect, is more than usable as a daily driver.

If you're casually lurking and asking yourself for a recommendation, I suggest you start here.
I think I might try final type e for tws. I am trying to get some improvement in mids, highs and soundstage. I realize it doesn't do much to the highs, but perhaps improvements to the mids & soundstage may be worth it.

I just wonder about sizing.

What final type e is almost equal in size to the MT oem large? On all other earbuds including az70/xm3 I was using medium but MT is a size large for some reason.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #30,745 of 62,500
Anyone has some references about the open ones Vivo Neo?
vivo_tws_neo_review_earphones_1598877662502.jpg

Mar 16, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #30,747 of 62,500
I think I might try final type e for tws. I am trying to get some improvement in mids, highs and soundstage. I realize it doesn't do much to the highs, but perhaps improvements to the mids & soundstage may be worth it.

I just wonder about sizing.

What final type e is almost equal in size to the MT oem large? On all other earbuds including az70/xm3 I was using medium but MT is a size large for some reason.
Probably the Large. The material with the final tips is considerably softer, which might help it conform to the shape of your ears better. So far, I've found a use for each size (NFP seems to like the Small).

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #30,748 of 62,500
Probably the Large. The material with the final tips is considerably softer, which might help it conform to the shape of your ears better. So far, I've found a use for each size (NFP seems to like the Small).
That answers the question about the type of material used (is is like the regular tips). I would also assume that because they are made for TWS they fit into the (very picky) case on the MT?

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #30,749 of 62,500
That answers the question about the type of material used (is is like the regular tips). I would also assume that because they are made for TWS they fit into the (very picky) case on the MT?
They're a little lower-profile than the stock MT buds (wider bore, flatter top, shorter sleeve), so you shouldn't have any fit issues with them. Come to think of it, I don't think there's a single case they haven't fit into as well as or better using the Final TWS tips than with the stock tips. One major caveat is that, due to the thinner core, these can be tricky to put on some of the wider-bore TWS sets out there. It took some work, but I have managed to fit them to both the NFPs and the Technics.

As for material, it's a really soft silicone with a core that has almost no thickness of its own. The inner bore itself looks rifled (if that makes sense), or with little grooves going from inside-out. I have had zero issues with itchy ears, even with a little sweat working on them. I took the MT/Final combo out for a walk to the convenience store last night. Even though I didn't have ANC, I couldn't hear any of the busy road traffic once volume got to 50%. No sonic changes from turning my head or walking briskly, either (don't judge me, it was cold).

It was probably a matter of meeting the price point, but I really think these are the tips that should have shipped with the MTs. Maybe it's just me; guess I'll see what other people think.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #30,750 of 62,500
Is there a TOTL wireless model yet? I'm using apple earpod pro, and they're ok. I don't get the best seal, I'll pass the test, then fail the test, then wiggle them deeper and pass again. I'm not going to read through all 2051 pages, hoping for cliff notes.
I tried Louis Vuitton's version, I don't get a seal at all, so whatever it's rebranded from probably won't do so well. I'm using A18t at the gym, and it's not ideal with a 2.5 balanced cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back