Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 12, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #30,616 of 62,906
So far ahead of the pulse, you beat Cambridge to releasing its own statement on their ZenDesk about the update. Latest change notes they have are for v1.2.3:

https://melomania.zendesk.com/hc/en...What-is-the-current-Melomania-Touch-Firmware-

Update process itself went soooooo much better than 1.2.3. No multiple attempts, only one temporary hangup at 99% on the Right bud, but everything pushed properly. Took screenshots along the way for reasons:
Screenshot_20210312-110011.jpg
Screenshot_20210312-110127.jpg
Screenshot_20210312-110430.jpg
Screenshot_20210312-110526.jpg
Post-update, things seem to be in working order. I even attempted to force the volume bug to occur and couldn't. Subjectively speaking, I think there are audible improvements to both Hearthrough and the overall tuning (both positives). I did notice, however, that the touch surface is still hypersensitive and it seems that Neutron won't resume from the buds anymore if you do accidentally pause while listening. That being said, the pros outweigh the cons and hopefully this also means those of you who were considering returns might want to give them one more shot before finally calling it quits.

Oh yeah, postal clerk rang the doorbell while I was updating/posting and dropped something off from a far away land. Regulars in the classifieds might be able to figure out who these came from. A massive thank you to this member! Really looking forward to enjoying these.
IMG_20210312_111814.jpg
Nevermind the AZ70W on the right. They're just going through Day 2 of their bass workout. Currently playing:

Do I need those NFP's? Are they worth the $300+? Keep putting them in my cart but hold off.

Mar 12, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #30,618 of 62,906
So far ahead of the pulse, you beat Cambridge to releasing its own statement on their ZenDesk about the update. Latest change notes they have are for v1.2.3:

https://melomania.zendesk.com/hc/en...What-is-the-current-Melomania-Touch-Firmware-

Update process itself went soooooo much better than 1.2.3. No multiple attempts, only one temporary hangup at 99% on the Right bud, but everything pushed properly. Took screenshots along the way for reasons:
Screenshot_20210312-110011.jpg
Screenshot_20210312-110127.jpg
Screenshot_20210312-110430.jpg
Screenshot_20210312-110526.jpg
Post-update, things seem to be in working order. I even attempted to force the volume bug to occur and couldn't. Subjectively speaking, I think there are audible improvements to both Hearthrough and the overall tuning (both positives). I did notice, however, that the touch surface is still hypersensitive and it seems that Neutron won't resume from the buds anymore if you do accidentally pause while listening. That being said, the pros outweigh the cons and hopefully this also means those of you who were considering returns might want to give them one more shot before finally calling it quits.

Oh yeah, postal clerk rang the doorbell while I was updating/posting and dropped something off from a far away land. Regulars in the classifieds might be able to figure out who these came from. A massive thank you to this member! Really looking forward to enjoying these.
IMG_20210312_111814.jpg
Nevermind the AZ70W on the right. They're just going through Day 2 of their bass workout. Currently playing:

Awesome, ya' junkie! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I just want some of that candy.

Mar 12, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #30,619 of 62,906
Just updated MT, it took 2 attempts before it got right. There seems to be less bass bloating and overall added clarity.
Yes. It is like they carved a way some bloat in the upper bass and soundstage opened up.

Cx400bt going back and likely JBL too as I just love the sound. Will accept no matter what tip fin combo I can't get my right ear perfect but this is true for every bud. But I can get it comfortable and with good seal 95% of the time. 100% if I don't smile lol.

Thinking them and Huawei could be a good 1-2 punch. Huawei has top of line ANC with a good sound mumtipairing so can use with more than one device at a time.

Think I'm done right now.
Only thing that has me intrigued is the B&W tws as I love their over ear P7W and if they can put that sound in an earbud with multiple drivers ANC transparency and a case that can act as a Bluetooth transmitter,.....

Mar 12, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #30,620 of 62,906
Do I need those NFP's? Are they worth the $300+? Keep putting them in my cart but hold off.
I'll need way more time with them to make that impression, but I'll say yes if the following reasons are high up in your considerations:
  • Wireless charging works flawlessly
  • Super-strong magnets in what is now almost the smallest case in my lineup (dimension for dimension almost identical to the JBLs)
  • Ear tips have the absolute widest bore possible;
  • True IEM insertion (these suckers almost go Ety deep and still manage to seal)
  • Super-lightweight buds that seem to just fit like a glove...you'd think this was a no-brainer for Noble, but anybody who's ever tried to get the fit right on some of their non-customs know what I'm talking about
  • Hearthrough that works so well, I can actually hear my wife and make out what she's saying, even if she's on a completely different floor...and it doesn't sound robotic. It gets more sensitive when music is playing and definitely amplifies my keystrokes when working. Unfortunately, there's only two modes (on and off) and no adjustability. I don't hate it, but I also don't particularly appreciate the implementation; I'll just say I'm somewhere in the middle
But if you want sound impressions, those are going to take a while. Out of the box, they're definitely treble-tilted with neutral bass but can still rumble if the track requires it. Once you get past the shock of that, they're extremely coherent and, dare I say, IEM-like. The lighter weight + lack of a cable really does bely the NFP's sound signature. Relative to the Technics, they're a little more neutral on stock EQ, but don't seem to suffer from the same presence region spike of the AZ70Ws, which lends credence to my suspicions that the usage of AAC over Android was crippling the Technics. Regardless, I can now basically stream bit-perfect 24/48 over BT again and I'm a happy camper...haven't had that since the TRN BT adapter days.

I did ask for a microphone quality test from my mother-in-law and she didn't even know I was on Bluetooth. I'll take that as a big pro. No word on how they work at blocking out environmental noise yet, but based on the insertion of these, it wouldn't surprise me if passive isolation takes care of the majority of external noise. Hope so, because these have zero ANC.

Mar 12, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #30,621 of 62,906
Update went smoothly for me. I just hope MT's new firmware address some of the battery issues I've been having. If they improve connectivity issues, that would also be great. I hope they put out the release notes soon. Other then that, I'm still addicted to the tuning, makes them very hard for me to return them despite the issues I listed.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #30,622 of 62,906
Update went smoothly for me. I just hope MT's new firmware address some of the battery issues I've been having. If they improve connectivity issues, that would also be great. I hope they put out the release notes soon. Other then that, I'm still addicted to the tuning, makes them very hard for me to return them despite the issues I listed.
What's weird is, despite the firmware update rolling out this morning, Cambridge still processed my RMA instead of suggesting I update my firmware. Wish they would have; I think that just took care of everything. Now I have to decide whether the RMA is really necessary; might cancel it if no other problems come up over the weekend.

Seems like getting them to charge in the case was even easier, but might have just been expectation bias at play.

And these Nobles are good. Really, really good. Haven't seen them slip up on a single genre yet.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #30,623 of 62,906
What's weird is, despite the firmware update rolling out this morning, Cambridge still processed my RMA instead of suggesting I update my firmware. Wish they would have; I think that just took care of everything. Now I have to decide whether the RMA is really necessary; might cancel it if no other problems come up over the weekend.

Seems like getting them to charge in the case was even easier, but might have just been expectation bias at play.

And these Nobles are good. Really, really good. Haven't seen them slip up on a single genre yet.
Should hope they are good. They are the most expensive TWS out at the moment!

Mar 12, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #30,624 of 62,906
I look forward to this MT update tonight when I get some quiet around the house!

Think I'm done right now.
Only thing that has me intrigued is the B&W tws as I love their over ear P7W and if they can put that sound in an earbud with multiple drivers ANC transparency and a case that can act as a Bluetooth transmitter,.....
Just give it a couple of days and for someone to mention other earbuds. You will be right back in the game! :stuck_out_tongue:

I only stopped because I am past return window for MT and out of capital to make any other purchase. I got forcefully thrown out to the street lol

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #30,625 of 62,906
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...y-switch-audio-across-infinite-devices-any-os

i saw this yesterday..seems interesting, but haven't heard of the company before, seems to be an offshoot of Creative.

keypoint that interesting for me is the 24 hours per single charge and the single Knowles BA config. the controls from the case is also interesting, but it doesn't say if it can also be controlled from the earpieces or not

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #30,626 of 62,906
Got the new Melomania 1+. Not much new to report. Nice to have the EQ option. Honestly, my old ears do not notice a HUGE difference between these and the MT which I returned. The 1+ fit me better. Plus, the case is tiny.

Mar 12, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #30,627 of 62,906
I look forward to this MT update tonight when I get some quiet around the house!

Just give it a couple of days and for someone to mention other earbuds. You will be right back in the game! :stuck_out_tongue:

I only stopped because I am past return window for MT and out of capital to make any other purchase. I got forcefully thrown out to the street lol
Amazon has a great return policy. Do it. You know you want to :wink:

Mar 12, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #30,628 of 62,906

Lol.
Nothing really exciting getting announced. I guess the xm4 would be interesting

I'm actually disappointed of the releases given the quality of chips out there. Why so few buds have mumtipairing or APTX adaptive or better ANC.

Literally Jabra and Huawei only 2 with true multipairing and Jabra wit master slave.

Kinda sad. Figured by now everything should be multipair, Qi charging multi driver long battery life with hi res by connection.

And really none have all that. Closest is Huawei and noone even talks about them except as ? Chinese company Spying on USA.

Mar 12, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #30,629 of 62,906
Should hope they are good. They are the most expensive TWS out at the moment!
Maybe in the sense that they're currently available, but the B&W PI7 will have them beat on release. I think they're good, but you're talking about serious diminishing returns here.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...y-switch-audio-across-infinite-devices-any-os

i saw this yesterday..seems interesting, but haven't heard of the company before, seems to be an offshoot of Creative.

keypoint that interesting for me is the 24 hours per single charge and the single Knowles BA config. the controls from the case is also interesting, but it doesn't say if it can also be controlled from the earpieces or not
That's pretty smart. Don't know how people are going to feel about the screen in reality, though. Great idea in theory.
Lol.
Nothing really exciting getting announced. I guess the xm4 would be interesting

I'm actually disappointed of the releases given the quality of chips out there. Why so few buds have mumtipairing or APTX adaptive or better ANC.

Literally Jabra and Huawei only 2 with true multipairing and Jabra wit master slave.

Kinda sad. Figured by now everything should be multipair, Qi charging multi driver long battery life with hi res by connection.

And really none have all that. Closest is Huawei and noone even talks about them except as ? Chinese company Spying on USA.
Don't think many people want to be on the development hook for making multipoint work. Soundcore Q30 do a really good job with it, though, and I guess they kinda act as proof that it probably doesn't require a huge admission price to implement. May just not be worth enough to the bean-counters who determine what features are worth investing in.

Mar 12, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #30,630 of 62,906
Maybe in the sense that they're currently available, but the B&W PI7 will have them beat on release. I think they're good, but you're talking about serious diminishing returns here.

That's pretty smart. Don't know how people are going to feel about the screen in reality, though. Great idea in theory.

Don't think many people want to be on the development hook for making multipoint work. Soundcore Q30 do a really good job with it, though, and I guess they kinda act as proof that it probably doesn't require a huge admission price to implement. May just not be worth enough to the bean-counters who determine what features are worth investing in.
My Jabra from 3 years ago have multipoint. My mw50 headphones also do and they are Bluetooth 4.2

There is no excuse for it not to be common place especially given how ubiquitous Bluetooth devices requiring audio are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back