Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 15, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #29,266 of 62,300
Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #29,267 of 62,300
They are? I can't find anything to verify that claim and by you saying this you're saying they're not being honest on their website.

Don't see anything on the website about where the TWS is made. The headphones are a different story. But you had to know their TWS was gonna be made in China. The statement about hand built in Brooklyn does not apply to earphones only headphones.

Deal??
1613398787125.png

Used T3 Pro for $6.49 with FEB50 code. About $7 with the tax. Never heard them myself.

Feb 15, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #29,271 of 62,300
Feb 15, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #29,272 of 62,300
This review is an odd outlier. Almost all the other GT220 reviews note that the bass is actually pretty powerful on the GT220. This is my own experience as well. Either that reviewer didn’t have a good seal or they let the word “Grado” on the box color their impressions.
I haven't heard the Grado buds. And at 260$with no features I won't.
For 100$the cx400bt are available. Heck you can get those and the XM3 or 85t right now for the price of the Grado.

Feb 15, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #29,273 of 62,300
I haven't heard the Grado buds. And at 260$with no features I won't.
For 100$the cx400bt are available. Heck you can get those and the XM3 or 85t right now for the price of the Grado.

Nobody is going to argue with you that the Grados are a good deal. But $260 is still cheap in the audiophile world. Clearly the Grados are not for you.

Feb 15, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #29,274 of 62,300
Nobody is going to argue with you that the Grados are a good deal. But $260 is still cheap in the audiophile world. Clearly the Grados are not for you.
$260 is reasonable for a product that is wired and can last for quite some time. $260 for a product which is basically disposable after 2 years most likely due to batteries losing ability to hold charge is not priced right and they will struggle moving them with high price tag, lack of features even with the Grado branding.

Feb 15, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #29,276 of 62,300
$260 is reasonable for a product that is wired and can last for quite some time. $260 for a product which is basically disposable after 2 years most likely due to batteries losing ability to hold charge is not priced right and they will struggle moving them with high price tag, lack of features even with the Grado branding.

Yeah fair points. No argument here. I’m not particularly price sensitive, the reviews are good, and I’ve always like Grado so that led me to take the plunge.

Feb 15, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #29,277 of 62,300
Well people say the cx400bt sound is there with MTW2 and suddenly audiophile grade. Sony's are reportedly among top tws for sound.... Combined they cost same as Grado. That is my only point. Except with those you get app. Equalizer and on one top tier ANC and ambient.
As said above these bugs usually have life of 2 to 3 years before batteries and technology surpass them. Though I hear Sony batteries can be replaced.
Another argument against paying so much. A headphone or weirded item will last for ever.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #29,279 of 62,300
Yeah fair points. No argument here. I’m not particularly price sensitive, the reviews are good, and I’ve always like Grado so that led me to take the plunge.
I think these higher end companies will struggle moving units at their asking prices. In particular, Grado, Noble and Devialet have priced their tws sky high. They most be focusing on their fan base because at the asking prices and due to a lack of features, these are niche items. The Devialet may have the best chance of breaking through because it offers ANC and a consumer based sound profile. The average consumer isn’t buying the Grado or the Noble at their current asking prices and my guess is Grado and Noble know this and don’t care. They must be cheap enough to produce that small sales volumes are worth it to them and their respective fan bases.

Feb 15, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #29,280 of 62,300
The Devialet Gemini will possibly be another few months.
Taking this into perspective what would you recommend to someone who’s looking to upgrade the sound from Sennheiser Momentum 1 True Wireless.
If you need the features, get the MTW2. You may not be h
I've been using the Grado since the day I got them. I love them. More than the Melomania Touch so far (still have to go on a tear with them). I really really dig them. Worth $259? To me, yes, because I'm happy with the sound. If folks have the money to spend, get what you want, not what you want to pay. That's just my opinion. My buds are a revolving door. I get what I want when I want them because I love the tech. I keep trying to force myself to use over ears or wired and I keep going back to my TWS. I'm a junkie, what can I say :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back