Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 13, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #2,881 of 62,574
put in a return for the senns - they are are good, but not great, and for £270 I want great. I can't justify spending that kinda cash on just good.
Appreciate the feedback. Now I'm not so much of a "dope fiend" in trying to get those bad boys. What are you going with for your TWE solution?

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #2,882 of 62,574
Appreciate the feedback. Now I'm not so much of a "dope fiend" in trying to get those bad boys. What are you going with for your TWE solution?

I don't have one right now. I returned Jabras 65t Actives/MW07/Bose Soundsport/now Senns. I'll stick with my over-ear BT headphones for now, sony mx2-1000
I just feel the market is immature, and there's no killer device, especially for that £300~ market price

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2,884 of 62,574
I'm almost glad the Senns are getting kinda rough reviews. Makes me happy to keep the e8s.

That's funny - I kind of know what you mean. The comply really improved them to my ears. I was going to move on but now I'm not so sure. I have RHA coming tomorrow. The positive reviews on SQ and confirmation of AAC (despite RHA marketing apparently not knowing this) convinced me to give them a shot. I'm secretly hoping they perform as well as the Senns...

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #2,885 of 62,574
I don't have one right now. I returned Jabras 65t Actives/MW07/Bose Soundsport/now Senns. I'll stick with my over-ear BT headphones for now, sony mx2-1000
I just feel the market is immature, and there's no killer device, especially for that £300~ market price

IMO the true wireless market is always going to be one about form over function. I don't think a day will come when they're truly "the only headphones you need." I use my VModas most of the time and the UA's at the gym. The e8s are there for when I don't want to have a big honkin' set of over-ears and I suspect that's how TWEs will remain into the infinite horizon.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #2,886 of 62,574
I'm almost glad the Senns are getting kinda rough reviews. Makes me happy to keep the e8s.

Do you get the random very short left unit drop outs ?
I get on average 5-10 per 1 hour play time and have been since day one though perhaps slightly more on the early fw versions

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #2,887 of 62,574
That's funny - I kind of know what you mean. The comply really improved them to my ears. I was going to move on but now I'm not so sure. I have RHA coming tomorrow. The positive reviews on SQ and confirmation of AAC (despite RHA marketing apparently not knowing this) convinced me to give them a shot. I'm secretly hoping they perform as well as the Senns...

Looking forward to your impressions!

aptX might be preferable but honestly AAC is adequate for most use cases. I don't think many of us are using TWE's in quiet environments for critical listening. Any SQ benefits would almost certainly be lost with the din of the world around us.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #2,888 of 62,574
IMO the true wireless market is always going to be one about form over function. I don't think a day will come when they're truly "the only headphones you need." I use my VModas most of the time and the UA's at the gym. The e8s are there for when I don't want to have a big honkin' set of over-ears and I suspect that's how TWEs will remain into the infinite horizon.

The true wireless for me is exclusively for use when I’m on the move and being rid of the wires is truly addictive to the extent that I could not go back to a wired phone ever again for that use. Given that this is the environment I use them in outright sq is never going to be my primary criteria

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2,889 of 62,574
saw this on youtube, a review of the Jlab Jbuds air, and he thinks that it is better sounding than the Sennheiser. it is his personal opinion, but worth to consider

While I was skeptical of this "analysis" and thought it might just be another "hype beast" review, I decided to purchase a pair from my local Best Buy yesterday (they just came in and were still on the truck...took them FOREVER to find them). Dude, for $49, these things are GREAT! I returned the Skullcandy Push Wireless, as these slap those around. Definitely a bass-forward signature, but they are very clean, clear, and articulate (even if a bit unbalanced on the low end). The bass is not as boomy as it is on the Sony WF-SP700N. If you like a cleaner but emphasized bass, you'll love these. VERY impressive for $49.

PROS
- Although all plastic, a very "solid" plastic and excellent fabrication.
- Great sound. Even better considering they are only $49.
- BT 5.
- Getting about 4 hours playtime at 40% on an iPhone running BT 4.2. I'm sure I'd be over 4 hours if I had a device with BT 5.
- Comfortable and smaller than the E8.
- Track & Volume controls.
- 3 built-in EQ settings. If you don't want as much bass, there is a "balanced" EQ (although bass is still emphasized a bit). There are also the "signature" EQ (hyped bass and treble) and the "bass boost" EQ (hyped bass & sub-bass).
- Mic quality is good. Probably in the upper tier of all the TWEs I've tried. A little better than the E8, actually.

CONS
- Pressing the buttons jam them in your ear more. I have to awkwardly hold the earbuds to use the buttons without pressing them into my ear more.
- Changing tracks (holding down the R button) can also erroneously increase the volume (a single press of the R button). The L button is track reverse and volume down.
- A little slippery to handle.
- Custom USB-A charging connection built into the charger.
- Needs firmware update. Sound is unbalanced, in the sense the L earbud is louder than the R when using the "balanced" or "bass boost" EQs. Normal "signature" EQ is unaffected.

Overall, since I enjoy the "signature" EQ anyway, these are a keeper, especially for $49. Perfect gym or office companion. Isolation is good, so I can see this a nice fit for commuters as well.

8.jpg

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2,890 of 62,574
Yeah I want something that i can stash in my pocket and will work with my phone without a damn dongle. I listen to my 2-channel setup exclusively at home, so these are really only for work, travel and gym use.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #2,891 of 62,574

I hear you, however, for £300 of convenience, they're not that great. I wasn't expecting them to be compared to wired headsets, but I expect for £300 better battery life, multipairing and such. For £300 its not a lot to ask for when others manage it for a lot less. Like I said, good but not great, especially at the price.

Too bad those samurai buds wont' hit their target for indiegogo, they will end up released, but perhaps not as well known. Long battery life, bt5 aptx/aac what's not to like for around a $100

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #2,893 of 62,574
I hear you, however, for £300 of convenience, they're not that great. I wasn't expecting them to be compared to wired headsets, but I expect for £300 better battery life, multipairing and such. For £300 its not a lot to ask for when others manage it for a lot less. Like I said, good but not great, especially at the price.

Too bad those samurai buds wont' hit their target for indiegogo, they will end up released, but perhaps not as well known. Long battery life, bt5 aptx/aac what's not to like for around a $100

Try the Havit G1 if you can. At $60 shipped to me they are a steal

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #2,895 of 62,574

Users who are viewing this thread

Back