Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 12, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #28,351 of 62,203
On the new Soundcore model

• PureNote Driver Technology: Get a 45% boost to your bass, and a 30% wider frequency bandwidth than ordinary drivers. Drivers coated with 10 hardened nano-layers offer incredible stiffness to generate stunning accuracy and clarity.

Not sure if 45% additional bass is good thing or not... depends on where/how that gets emphasized I guess... it sound intriguing though. Not a huge fan of the stem design but I do see how using it for mics can help improve sound quality.
I was lucky enough to get to try these new Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pros -- and I will try to write a longer review after a few days (because I think it's important to test over a few days before forming any meaningful opinions) -- but for now, I can say they are impressive. You can read all their specifications on their website, so I won't rehash them here -- but, more subjectively, I will say that (1) the sound is reminiscent of the Liberty 2 Pros in timbre and tuning (but not quite as good because the L2P is, after all, a dual driver), (2) the microphones seem amazing (and the call quality, I'm told, is great), (3) the ANC seems very, very good (although I haven't had a chance to test it on subways or planes for obvious reasons), and (4) the case is a really nice form factor (like the L2P but much smaller). Highly recommended for the price. Frankly, I was hoping that these would have the same coaxial driver setup that the L2Ps have, but they don't -- so I guess that gives us something to look forward to. In any event, these earphones sound great, just not as great as the L2Ps.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #28,352 of 62,203
The new Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro announced today with a £30 discount code for £99.99: LIBERTY30UK

Screenshot_2021-01-12 anker_template.png

1610495522039.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08G4Q6CNN

https://uk.soundcore.com/products/a3951011

30% discount can be used by our friends in the US, EU and Germany directly from Soundcore: WS30NME

US $99.99:
https://us.soundcore.com/products/a3951021

EU 99.99€:
https://eu.soundcore.com/products/a3951021

Germany 99.99€:
https://de.soundcore.com/products/a3951021

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #28,354 of 62,203
The ghosts of PSB M4U TW1 that sounded amazing but boy pairing them and tech sucked.
That pairing process for the TW1 was a joke. i lucked out though. Before buying them, I had seen mention of how weird it was, so read the manual and it worked the first time. Definitely saved those instructions for when i'd have to pair them to another device cause knew i would forget how to pair them haha.
i'm guessing what happened in this person's case with the melomania Touch is that they paired one earbud, probably the left, may not have seen the prompt to pair the right one after left was paired, or their source device doesn't support true wireless plus, in which case both would need to be paired individually first one then the 2nd while the first is in the case. They could still bbe used in mono, and would work together when both were out, as one will feed audio to the other.

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #28,355 of 62,203
I hope CA will come out with some sort of statement about the issues. Instead of being dead silent about it publicly like Sennheiser was with the battery drain issue.

I'll deffo buy them once we know that all issues are fixed.
Same here. I was all excited for these, but as i read through and see all these posts i think about the early adopter issues with the battery drain on OG MTW, the Blue Sattelite headphones which i just dusted off after over a year of non use, in that case, 4th time was a charm, the buzzing on the WF XM3 i got when they first came out etc. I'm gonna sit this one out for a while.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #28,356 of 62,203
I was going to, excitedly, ask "Oppo is making headphones again?!" Then I realized that it was the cell phone company and not the, now defunct, headphone/DAC/amp company...
Oppo Digital who made the headphones was an offshoot of Oppo who made these iems.

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #28,357 of 62,203
Oppo Digital who made the headphones was an offshoot of Oppo who made these iems.

When the PM-X series was still big on Head-Fi, that Oppo made it a pretty big deal to make sure that we all knew that they had little to do with the Oppo phone brand and were in fact two different companies.

Jan 12, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #28,358 of 62,203
I was lucky enough to get to try these new Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pros -- and I will try to write a longer review after a few days (because I think it's important to test over a few days before forming any meaningful opinions) -- but for now, I can say they are impressive. You can read all their specifications on their website, so I won't rehash them here -- but, more subjectively, I will say that (1) the sound is reminiscent of the Liberty 2 Pros in timbre and tuning (but not quite as good because the L2P is, after all, a dual driver), (2) the microphones seem amazing (and the call quality, I'm told, is great), (3) the ANC seems very, very good (although I haven't had a chance to test it on subways or planes for obvious reasons), and (4) the case is a really nice form factor (like the L2P but much smaller). Highly recommended for the price. Frankly, I was hoping that these would have the same coaxial driver setup that the L2Ps have, but they don't -- so I guess that gives us something to look forward to. In any event, these earphones sound great, just not as great as the L2Ps.
Thanks for posting. i was supposed to have a pair of these here on Saturday, but they got lost in the mail. so being sent another pair. looking forward to trying them.

Jan 12, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #28,359 of 62,203
When the PM-X series was still big on Head-Fi, that Oppo made it a pretty big deal to make sure that we all knew that they had little to do with the Oppo phone brand and were in fact two different companies.
Same owners though BBK. You're right, they went to great lengths to mention that.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #28,360 of 62,203
Just posted a long-term revisit of the Jabra Elite Active 75t including a look at the spintip cp360 and cp1025
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/jabra-elite-active-75t.24897/reviews#item-review-25115

I wasn't aware that the cp1025 would fit anything other than Airpod Pros but Spinfit recommend it and it sure fits the Jabra. If anybody is looking for truly short stem tips, these are it at perhaps half the size of sedna and others. It fits in the case without issues. I'm really impressed with the quality and secure fit on both 1025 and 360 models.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #28,361 of 62,203
Just posted a long-term revisit of the Jabra Elite Active 75t including a look at the spintip cp360 and cp1025
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/jabra-elite-active-75t.24897/reviews#item-review-25115

I wasn't aware that the cp1025 would fit anything other than Airpod Pros but Spinfit recommend it and it sure fits the Jabra. If anybody is looking for truly short stem tips, these are it at perhaps half the size of sedna and others. It fits in the case without issues. I'm really impressed with the quality and secure fit on both 1025 and 360 models.
Saw a Chinese video that said the 1025 work in the Jabras 85t too

Jan 13, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #28,362 of 62,203
That pairing process for the TW1 was a joke. i lucked out though. Before buying them, I had seen mention of how weird it was, so read the manual and it worked the first time. Definitely saved those instructions for when i'd have to pair them to another device cause knew i would forget how to pair them haha.
i'm guessing what happened in this person's case with the melomania Touch is that they paired one earbud, probably the left, may not have seen the prompt to pair the right one after left was paired, or their source device doesn't support true wireless plus, in which case both would need to be paired individually first one then the 2nd while the first is in the case. They could still bbe used in mono, and would work together when both were out, as one will feed audio to the other.

I will say since I figured out the whole thing with the fitting in the case for the right earbud, my connection issues have greatly lessened so far. As long as I make sure that the right earbud is charging correctly when I put it back into the case, I can be mostly confident that when I take out the buds out of the case (without pausing after opening the case), it will automatically re-pair to my phone.

Jan 13, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #28,363 of 62,203
I will say since I figured out the whole thing with the fitting in the case for the right earbud, my connection issues have greatly lessened so far. As long as I make sure that the right earbud is charging correctly when I put it back into the case, I can be mostly confident that when I take out the buds out of the case (without pausing after opening the case), it will automatically re-pair to my phone.
Have you used eq from the CA app? Does the eq you create save locally to the iems or does it only work while using the app? most products i've used do save eq changes to the product itself, hoping that's the case with the Melomania Touch.

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #28,365 of 62,203
This is from the avforums thread on the melomanias. Mine have the same issue, sadly. Dealbreaker for me. While in the return/refund process I decided to ask CA about the issue before sending them back. Maybe this can be fixed with an update of some sort, but I'm not optimistic. Does anybody else have this problem too?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-13 um 14.18.42.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back