Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 11, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #28,321 of 62,469
Take a look at the Status Between Pro I believe they listed it as having multipoint as well. Bit risky as it is just coming out of Indiegogo but the company is established and has released several products.

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #28,322 of 62,469
I just noticed if you use Earfun Free Pro in busy environments with sudden thumping sounds, they will actually distort your audio playback. It's not frequent but worse than any other ANC device I've used so far.

MIFO has launched a second-generation version of the O5 Plus. Finally there's USB Type-C and Transparency Mode is present as well (not sure why they took it off the O7). There's a red Canada edition which costs Unfortunately as Gamesky would say "they control everything but the volume" and no ANC by now is also a bit of an oversight.

EDIT: They do support volume so I don't think Gamesky will be complaining

I would skip the 1more. Sound is dark and warm with no built in eq.
Battery life is poor and overtake volume is lacking. If you want ANC I would lookvat the Sony or Jabra or Technicsdorms in what sound signature you like.
Mtw or nose are more eq options as well.
I think they have the potential for treble but often only hear it in one ear. The treble has this brassy texture which can be too sibilant in some tracks. However right ear sounds dark and warm unless I shove them deep into my ear. I don't know if this is due to the seal or if I got a dud. I think there is also the matter of driver flex, as when I shove the left bud in with ANC on, it becomes way too loud unless I re-insert the buds. My main gripe is the seal and I'm still contemplating on whether to return these or not. The other annoyance I have is that auto-pause can't be turned off, and especially on my left ear it sometimes pauses unintentionally when it gets slightly loose.

Do you find the 85t good enough with SBC codec?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #28,323 of 62,469
Take a look at the Status Between Pro I believe they listed it as having multipoint as well. Bit risky as it is just coming out of Indiegogo but the company is established and has released several products.

Thank you for that especially as according to the Huawei website, their multipoint is only compatible with their phones / tablets / watches.

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #28,324 of 62,469
I don't know. It doesn't look good so far. Sony conference had no mention of personal audio and all their little video promotion bits showed the new stuff like a commercial with music and flashes of Sony stuff. The only true wireless they showed were the XB700 and SP800N. Showing the new drone camera filming system in one frame then flashing the SP800N for 1.5 seconds leads me to believe they have nothing new to show.

How about these...
1610404697788.png

ANC buds from a brand you probably never heard of. :)

Cheaper Technics...
1610404922171.png

" The press conference confirmed that the premium audio brand will be launching new true wireless earbuds this year, either to succeed or sit alongside the 2020-released Technics EAH-AZ70W. We don't know where they will sit yet, but there was a hint that they could be a cheaper model: “Now, for the first time, that legendary audio experience is available to everyone,” the speaker announced. "

TCL ANC...
1610405085323.png

HP Elite wireless promises personalized audio and seamless switching between devices...
1610405281426.png

Edifier GM5 gaming buds with LL...
1610405357198.png

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #28,325 of 62,469
Ii have just noticed an advert from Soundcore on Facebook that tomorrow at 5pm (UK Time), they will be revealing their new Earbuds with the hashtag #Audioescape. Being a newbie in headphones, I don’t know much about the company but they seem to be making a big deal out of this reveal, so could well be interesting.

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #28,326 of 62,469
Ii have just noticed an advert from Soundcore on Facebook that tomorrow at 5pm (UK Time), they will be revealing their new Earbuds with the hashtag #Audioescape. Being a newbie in headphones, I don’t know much about the company but they seem to be making a big deal out of this reveal, so could well be interesting.
They're the audio side of Anker, and have some very good audio gear at decent prices. I have a few of their things. I'm really interested to see what they're announcing, seems like an IEM with a stalk and ANC.

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #28,327 of 62,469
i have the samsung galaxy buds and the plus, do think both are really good sounding and substantially different sounding characters too

and if anc headphone, i have the sony xm4 and the dark sounding + thump bass, with anc, very nice (borat toned)

Jan 11, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #28,328 of 62,469
I went through below (and all the linked music) with the Devialet Gemini, and it was amazing. I never knew I liked classical music before, and maybe I still don't really, but this is some challenging stuff for detail. Out of curiosity I did the same with the Sony XM3s. Nice enough but really no comparison, the difference is striking. I don't think any other wireless IEM can compare. Any other Gemini owners care to try? I'm posting here rather than the Gemini topic because the setup issues gave these things a bad rep, but I think those were overblown and more people should consider these along with the top others, eg Senns, etc., if having the best sound is the goal.

https://flypaper.soundfly.com/discovery/breaking-down-radioheads-orchestration-burn-the-witch/

Jan 11, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #28,329 of 62,469
Are you referring to the case draining? Didn't have them long enough to know for sure. Did notice though that the red lights on the buds were on and never turned off. I suspect the case is continuously trickle charging them this drawing down the case over time. I also found the contacts in the case finicky. If I didn't sleep the buds in just right they would still fit but would not charge
Yes the case drain. They can be a bit picky but i just check now before i close the lid.

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #28,330 of 62,469
Yes the case drain. They can be a bit picky but i just check now before i close the lid.

I charged mine up and am going to check on them every couple of days. Open case and see if the led light changes over time.

I have had instances where they were not seated right and did not charge. I also have had times where the LEDs said there was more than 1 charge and the LED was dead the next time I used the IEMs and they were not fully charged.

So the charging case isn't perfect.

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #28,331 of 62,469
[
The CA Melomania Touch arrived this morning. A few observations. Having owned the Jabra/Sony/Senn triumvirate of BT royalty (and a few more relatively expensive pair as well), I ended up keeping the Melomania 1 as my on the go BT phones. To me, the simplicity of the controls (click not touch) and the un-EQ'd sound quality just were on par with any of the higher priced phones I owned. In fact, I preferred the M1 sound to any of the others I tried, price to performance/usability.

So trying the Touch was a natural, hoping for even better sound and an app this time. Don't care about transparency or ANC. I use them primarily for walks with the dog, honestly. That's it. For air travel or home listening I favor the Sony WH1000XM3.

Have not given them a lot of time listening-wise, but there are some hiccups. One, I retrieved the app at the Apple store (using iPhone 8 Plus) and no matter what I do, the app does not show up on any of my 4 app screens. It is, however, on the list of apps on my phone. So to use it, I need to go back to the app store, search for it, and hit open. What? Maybe it's user error, but I have never run into this issue in the past grabbing an app, any app.

Also, the connectivity seems stable, but I am going to give it a go later outside. I did have the Amazon HD Music streaming service stop suddenly, no reason, with the Touch still connected via BT. I could not get it started again hitting play. Use the Apple Music app, with onboard tracks, no problems. Weird.

So I am far from declaring the Touch as keepers, If they don't perform as expected, I will send them back and buy a backup pair of the M1s for $79 on Amazon (to me, an amazing deal). I am only using the higher quality sound setting (7 hours is way more than I need per charge) and not interested in transparency as noted. Oh, I did not put on the wings for stability but immediately decided I needed the largest tips for a good seal. I only wish I could use the M1 foamies I have here, but not an option since the sound stem is much slimmer on the Touch. Finally, the app shows the left bud at 30% lower than the right bud, which is weird. I am going to stick them in the case for a couple of hours and see if that changes.

So far, that's it. The sound is impressive to me, which is my #1 keeper factor. But if there are consistent sound dropouts plaguing my usage, back they go. At this point, connectivity should not be an issue. I hope they get stable over time, but that may be wishful thinking. Sound alone, love them.

Update: Did a 30-minute dog walk with the M Touch and if they continue to perform the way they did, they won't be going anywhere. Among the other fantastic sound attributes, the soundstage is impressive. I am still having that issue with the app, but honestly I don't even need the app, I can use the EQ on the Kaiser Audio app I use on my iPhone.

Only EQ I did was tip the base a bit, ran through my HP tryout playlist, heard Lupe Fiasco, Jimmy Buffet, Madeleine Peyroux, Lucinda Williams, Joe Jackson and The Vulgar Boatmen before I got back. I know the songs very well, and impressed as hell with what I heard. And again, soundstage was the most surprising success factor. Was set to the higher-quality (7 hour battery) setting, large OEM tips and no wings (not sure I need them, not a runner). Not a single dropout, so that was great.
] For me, timing was the reason i didn't get 1st gen Melomania 1, by the time i'd seen them, i was happy with what i had at the time, but have been waiting for a sequal. I'm gonna pick these up. can't wait to hear them.

Jan 12, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #28,332 of 62,469
I'm confused about the Anker loyalties thing, is it already over? I tried registering my Q30 but then it said the serial was invalid (official from Amazon)

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #28,333 of 62,469
Well... it's been a week or two - I think I did really lose my JBL CLUB PRO+ ANC :sob:

Now, my number one anticipated release iis the JBL Tour Pro Plus:
1610462716326.png

JBL's Tour Series headphones will hit the market later in the year, with the JBL Tour Pro Plus available in black at major retailers and on JBL.com on May 30 for $200.

Key specs, according to JBL:

• 6.8mm dynamic drivers
  • Adaptive Noise Canceling
  • Six hours of battery with active noise canceling on, eight hours with Bluetooth only
  • Speed Charge (10 minutes of charging gets you an hour of playback)
  • Adaptive Ambient Aware and TalkThru
  • Voice Clarity with three-mic beamforming array technology
  • Dual Connect + Sync and Fast Pair
  • Hands-free voice capability with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
  • IPX4 sweatproof
  • SilentNow and My Alarm
  • Smart Audio & Video, optimized for listening to music versus a movie
  • Customized tap panel control
  • Check My Best Fit feature lets you check your ear fit with the companion app
  • JBL Headphones App to customize EQ settings
  • Price: $200
Edit: These were my favorites for sound (after EQ) out of:

• Nuarl NT01AX (My first favorites - still fantastic sound imo)
  • Nuarl N6 (Great all around sound - former daily driver - but no extra features (ANC, hearthrough))
  • Jabra 75T (some resonance in the L bud, great calls, multipoint)
  • Jabra 85T (Liked a lot, don't love the style of isolation (felt too open - I crave the isolation of IEMs)
  • Huawei Freebuds Pro (loved form factor, wanted a little more depth with sound)
  • Anker LP2 (did not like - peaky in the treble/crossover with the BA for me - very fatiguing)
  • AKG N400 (Also, not a fan - underwhelming bass delivery and hit or miss treble for me)
  • Sony XM3 (TWS) (sound was ok, case was huge, fit was rough)
  • + Others I'm forgetting.

Convienience wise I love the 75t for multipoint and call quality (new JBL has "dual connect"? which I hope is multipoint and some new mic tech?) I'm hoping these will take my favorite features from the Jabra and marry them with the EQable sound/depth/clarity of the CLUB PRO+ ANC I lost.

May can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #28,334 of 62,469
I just noticed if you use Earfun Free Pro in busy environments with sudden thumping sounds, they will actually distort your audio playback. It's not frequent but worse than any other ANC device I've used so far.

MIFO has launched a second-generation version of the O5 Plus. Finally there's USB Type-C and Transparency Mode is present as well (not sure why they took it off the O7). There's a red Canada edition which costs Unfortunately as Gamesky would say "they control everything but the volume" and no ANC by now is also a bit of an oversight.

I think they have the potential for treble but often only hear it in one ear. The treble has this brassy texture which can be too sibilant in some tracks. However right ear sounds dark and warm unless I shove them deep into my ear. I don't know if this is due to the seal or if I got a dud. I think there is also the matter of driver flex, as when I shove the left bud in with ANC on, it becomes way too loud unless I re-insert the buds. My main gripe is the seal and I'm still contemplating on whether to return these or not. The other annoyance I have is that auto-pause can't be turned off, and especially on my left ear it sometimes pauses unintentionally when it gets slightly loose.

Do you find the 85t good enough with SBC codec?
The 85t are using AAC for me and sound very good. It comes down to the fit of tips. They are different so less tip options and feel looser but still are secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back