Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 4, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #241 of 62,471
That’s awesome. PSB sound signature is mostly natural, musical and boosted bass. Usually they try to mimic a loud speaker type of sound. These guys know what they are doing, it’s too bad you had to go through the frustration of the initial setup.
I’m planning to place an order as well and pick mine up on Saturday or Sunday.
Just a thought, can you get a small power bank for on the go charging? If it’s possible it might be the cheapest and easiest way as a workaround.
The rep at Best Buy told me that they don’t have a charging module because the battery it much better than Sony or Bose.

Really enjoying the sound signature on these. They are definitely a gym focused set of earphones which was clearly their intended purpose. Ample bass and volume but they still seem crisp up high. Not muddy at all. Probably more well rounded than the bose due to the seal and isolation - these would definitely work as daily drivers. Sound is more natural and less processed - not necessarily good or bad - just different.

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #242 of 62,471
I really want to give the PSB’s a try. I finally gave in and bought AirPods tonight. The sound is decent (my daily’s are JH16, but my new Apple Watch had me interested in going wireless). The only problem is that the fit isn’t super (I’m coming from customs after all). I actually have the AirPods flipped (left is in right ear, right is on left ear) and the fit is more secure and sound is much better for me.

But still, I think I will order the PSB to compare. I just can’t see the AirPods staying in place on a run or a gym session.

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #243 of 62,471
I don’t think there’s is a perfect set of totally wireless earphones yet but based on what I read I think the PSB has the most secure fit and natural and organic sound. Personally I really like their products and the sound signature they are tuned to have.
It sure could have been nice to have an on-the-go charger but I can live with that since I always carry a backpack and can just throw a power bank in.
I like the fact they are closed unlike Bose yet not congested or muffled. Some people say the Bose is almost useless in loud places, which is pretty much where I need them the most.
I am all for secure fit and quality sound and for the price I think the PSB are great bang for the buck.

Jan 5, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #244 of 62,471
Bose are absolutely useless in a loud environment. You have to turn the volume up to high levels to compensate. The sq on the psb blows away the airpods. Not on the same level and I think the airpods are pretty good.

Jan 5, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #245 of 62,471
which psb model are u referring to, is it m4u 4 or tw1, as the m4u 4 is not truly wirless

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #249 of 62,471
I've had a few more sessions with the PSBs so I thought I would post some additional impressions. First and foremost, sound quality is very very good for a true wireless product. I have noticed that the bass even on a flat setting can be a bit over the top and perhaps "loose" but it does not come across as muddy or detrimental to the experience. These are definitely tuned as gym headphones so you should expect some boosted lows. I still find them to sound very natural and musical. The lack of APTX or AAC is a bit of a bummer and may be contributing to the "loose" sound I described. Fit is very nice. I'm not a huge fan of this style of workout headphone but they get a great seal and stay put. I have not run in the yet so I can't comment on that. Build quality is decent. They don't feel as nicely built as the Bose or the E8s but they also cost a lot less. Touch controls work as advertised but there is no volume control by touch that I am aware of. Also, there are no frills headphones. No audio pass through, HRM or other add ins. Just good fitting good sounding buds.

Overall, I really like these. I have tried Bose, Air Pods, Jabra, Jaybird, Beoplay, Bragi, Earin and Samsung variants of true wireless and these are my second favorite behind the Bose. I prioritize SQ and fit first and foremost so others may have different wants/priorities. I plan to use these in louder environments where the Bose turn into tin cans.

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #250 of 62,471
Jan 14, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #254 of 62,471
The first rbh wireless were amazing. These look better but I wonder if these are good for iPhone or android using aptx only.
I think they'll support SBC and AAC too. I'd be really surprised if they don't. SBC is mandatory, as far as I know.

But they're not fully wireless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back