Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 7, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #24,406 of 62,439
Aug 7, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #24,409 of 62,439
Has anyone tried these? They are pricey @ $249, Technics True Wireless Headphones EAH-AZ70W, how is the noise canceling?
713Vu8kLOJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Technics-Cancelling-Technology-Compatible-EAH-AZ70W-K/dp/B0863JBK5Q
https://www.technics.com/us/product...ss_noise_cancelling_headphones_eah_az70w.html

Highest Level of Hybrid Noise Cancelling in the Industry - Dual Hybrid Noise Cancelling Technology
The EAH-AZ70W wireless headphones use Dual Hybrid Noise Cancelling Technology which is composed of several systems. Firstly, Feedforward Noise Cancelling (FF-NC) and Feedback Noise Cancelling (FB-NC). Secondly, a combination of Analogue and Digital Processing. The combination of these two systems accomplishes an Industry-leading Noise Cancelling Effect in the True Wireless category.
Got 2 japan specials, the new Technics EAH-AZ70w and Yamaha TW-E3A. Very surprised by the Yamaha, natural sound and warm, but not too warm. One earpiece has to be the master, it can be either, but you can't use the slave without the master. The Technics is neutral with a very deep soundstage. Sound is also clear yet smooth. App has a 5 band eq. One thing I like about both of these is you can use a lot of standard eartips with both of the cases. Don't need the super shallow ones.
How is the noise canceling?

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #24,410 of 62,439
Has anyone tried these? They are pricey @ $249, Technics True Wireless Headphones EAH-AZ70W, how is the noise canceling?
713Vu8kLOJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Technics-Cancelling-Technology-Compatible-EAH-AZ70W-K/dp/B0863JBK5Q
https://www.technics.com/us/product...ss_noise_cancelling_headphones_eah_az70w.html

2 pages ago MadMike posted about the 'little brother' Panasonic RZ-S500W (8mm instead of 10mm driver).

Well, one thing is for sure- ANC is NOT "weak sauce'. A little better at eliminating my fan's noise than the XM3s. Need to use in more settings to say which ANC is better.

Aug 7, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #24,411 of 62,439
Not sure exactly how to check codec but Windows 10 only supports AptX and SBC. So the Buds+ will only be using SBC codec since it doesn't support AptX.

I think those driver numbers correspond to your Win10 build, mine is the 2004 update.
Buds+ AVRCP Transport:
12/6/2019
Buds+
6/21/2006

I just updated my Intel Bluetooth driver version to 21.110.0.3 - no change.

Another test track. Pay attention to the strings at 1:01

There was maybe something said earlier on, sorry, but out of interest ...what are we listening for here? ta.

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #24,412 of 62,439
First the Model X and now the X+. Perhaps something new is coming this fall. Maybe with ANC and pass through. They can tune when they do it so worth keeping an eye out. Or I should @Peter Yoon and/or PM him and ask.
Agree with this. For all the flak Advanced gets, the Model X is a really fun sounding TWS.

Aug 7, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #24,415 of 62,439
Well, as I understand it, they are almost always lithium ion, so the same rules apply that you would use for your phone. I've stopped topping them off to 100%, I try to keep them <90%, closer to 80%. It also helps if your battery doesn't fully drain. The only times I would charge my stuff up to 100% and let it deplete all the way is if I am using them for a long run, say, an international flight or smth. This does mean that I go for TWS with longer-than-average battery life. Quick charging stresses the battery out, but, sadly, generally (not sure if there are any that give you the option) TWS that have some form of quick charging don;t give you the option to turn it off. Oftentimes, that quick charging feature is very useful, but I don't need them to charge to full in 40 mins when I am going to bed, do I? But, yes, just follow the same guidelines that you would use for your phone.
I've often wondered why someone doesn't come out with TWS with a supercapacitor power cell. They don't hold as much energy but they charge super fast and can be charged hundreds of thousands of times. Maybe a case with a lithium ion battery so that you can carry around plenty of energy

Here's an article about a cordless screwdriver powered by a capacitor that charges in 90 seconds: https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/a4252/4223118/

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #24,416 of 62,439
There was maybe something said earlier on, sorry, but out of interest ...what are we listening for here? ta.
SBC distortion on the Galaxy Buds+. The strings should be clean but when I'm using SBC codec on Windows 10 I'm hearing a scratchy distortion.

Aug 7, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #24,418 of 62,439
Got my Edifier X3's today - $19.49 on Aliexpress. I ordered them on June 20 and they arrived today here in California. Here's my 2 minute first impression - WOW! These are amazing out of the box. Nice natural sound, good bass, and excellent vocals. Makes me want to move my feet. The charging case is tiny - the smallest I've seen.

Aug 7, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #24,420 of 62,439

I gave up waiting for these but from what I have read noise cancellation is the highlight feature of these and it is above average and probably equal or very close to Sony. Sound signature is pleasing as well and even though bass is present, it does not hit as hard as MTW2. Treble and vocals are excellent as well. These don't support APTX(AAC, SBC only) or Auto pause when removed from ear, also buds and case are on the bigger side size wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back