Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 8, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #24,436 of 62,084
I live in Europe and I wondered if there is any place where I can get the TRANYA B530 for cheap? They don't seem to sell in aliexpress and the price in amazon is almost 40 euro.
Try aliexpress or eBay. Make sure you get the upgraded version with aptx

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #24,437 of 62,084
Can someone recommend a TWS IEM for me? Mainly for doing chores outdoor(pair with iPhone), no need ANC. I have a QCY T1S and unimpressed by the sound, sounded muffle, lack of bass(bad fit?), lack of details to me. I'm eyeing on QCY T5, HELM TWS 50, Tranya B530, FIIL T1. These are some options I can get in Australia, thoughts? :)
Tranya B530. I never heard the others, Fiil is said to be great as well.

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #24,438 of 62,084
Just got my buds live and been tinkering with the sound a little bit. Out of the box, this has pretty bass heavy for such an open design. It fit me very well as such I did a roll with it and it didn't move at all. It actually kinda make a seal eventho its not supposed to seal lol. I could barely hear a video playing on my pc with max volume even without active noise cancelling turned on. Connection is absolutely fast and stable just like the other samsung buds. Currently I am using the "clear" eq on the galaxy wearable app and no eq on wavelet. The dynamic eq gives too much bass in the 200-250hz region. Right now, I am burning it in just playing music louder than I usually listen. So far, I really like it. 20200808_085604.jpg20200808_085808.jpg

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #24,439 of 62,084
Got these to keep my buds in when my ears are getting sweaty and the buds slowly loose it’s grip. Saw these $6.99 ones I was curious about and put them in my cart awhile ago and recently decided to get them. I got the medium size and they fit good and don’t hurt. The bass and high are great with the Kissral that I just got recently and seal really well. Will test with bike riding and let you know how they fare. Edit I had a great with these they never got sweaty too much. Had them on for 3hrs and I’d say 90 percent seal. I could actually not hear too much of my environment. Tested with my ofusho TWS. Squish them and they go in the case great.
9549E234-FE9C-47B3-BEDE-DC6E3AAF1447.jpeg
05A33086-4B87-4016-9B16-63F589D5CA92.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #24,440 of 62,084
i also bought technics too and will be here next saturday. after selling my wf-1000xm3 was considering the mtw 2. I'm glad I came across technics and i chose it over mtw 2 for functionality and secondly sound.

@erockg
@MadMike

does it protrude that much because of the 10mm drivers?
I have mtw 1 and it kinda protrudes.
It does protrude a little bit more but for me, the Technics earbuds fit better and are more comfortable for longer periods of time than the Sennheiser‘s were for me.

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #24,442 of 62,084
Wow I am very impressed with the galaxy buds live sound. The sound has opened up and the wonky bass has toned down significantly. I am connecting to my pc right now and I couldn't hear the distortion which the other two galaxy buds have before. There is definitely more bass from the live than the buds and buds+, but it is a pretty well balanced bass imho. It has body and quite punchy at the same time which you normally get from regular IEM and not from "open" IEM. Also because it is supposed to be "open" the soundstage is bigger and airy, but its not airy because of more treble extension which how regular IEM use to make the sound airy. I tried to sleep on my bed using the buds live and it stay pretty dam well. I think I am just lucky because it fit me very very good and no ear canal strain you get from regular IEM even when using comply and itchy too after like 2-3 hours of listening. But ymmv, especially with the fit because with regular IEM you can tip rolling, but with buds live, you either fit or not and you are limited to the rubber thingy that samsung gave you.

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #24,443 of 62,084
IMG_1083 (1).jpg

Panasonic RZ-S500W vs. Sony WF-1000XM3

First Impressions (50+ years old ears): used iPhone XS with Xelastec M tips (both S500 and XM3).
• S500s have clear vocals with good bass- smooth sounding with no fatigue. Enough sparkle.
• Wider and deeper sound stage than XM3- better instrument separation.
• Less bass slam than the XM3. However, the music from XM3 feels closed in and bloated in comparison. XM3 vocals suffer in comparison.
• Using the Bass Enhancer in app brings bass closer to XM3 levels (but not quite all the way) without affecting the rest of the spectrum.
• When changing from Noise Canceling to Ambient Sound to Off there is no perceptible change in the music- not the case with the XM3s (slight differences).
• Both protrude however the S500s are more comfortable and didn't require much adjustment on a exercise walk once I figured out their proper placement in my ears.
• Knowing the S500s have an IPX4 rating is reassuring for using them when working out. No IPX rating for Sony's.
• All of S500 functions can be accessed from the touch sensors where you are required to choose which functions can be accessed from the touch sensors of the XM3s (Ambient Sound Modes vs Play/Pause/Skip vs. Volume Control- limited to two of them).
• No auto-pause when removing the S500s.
• S500 case much small than XM3 case. Sony’s snap right in while you have to play with S500s to get them to sit properly.

Noise canceling:
• Vacuum running- equally effective
• XM3 more susceptible to wind noise when walking- so much so, I prefer having Noise Canceling/Ambient Sound off while walking. Not the case with the S500s- some wind noise but acceptable.
• Lawn mower- S500 does a terrific job blocking out most of the lower frequency sound of the mower leaving some higher frequencies. Did not have to raise the volume of the music at all. Very pleasant experience!

So far- I actually like listening to music with the S500s vs. XM3s where the music is acceptable. Mind you the differences are not huge but I prefer the S500 overall for my needs.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #24,444 of 62,084
I haven’t tried them for calls yet but I am definitely going to do that during work next week. I will say one great thing is that I listen to audiobooks as I’m falling asleep at night and most of my other true wireless headphones lose their seal when I lay on my side. These Galaxy Buds Live do not lose their seal for me when my head is resting on its side with a pillow. Major plus when I’m listening to books at night.
That's super cool dude. I just tried that for the first time the other night actually. "End of Eternity" by Asimov (the definitive time travel book IMHO). It was rather uncomfortable though (I'm a side sleeper) with my N6 Pro's. I'd thought of maybe trying my Jabra 65's with the foam tips, the Sony XM3's would prob be too big.

Totally random - a guy I work with has some sort of high end hearing aid that's actually "installed" (for lack of a better word) inside his ear. He said he can pair it with his phone and listen to music and stuff. SBC i'm guessing, doubt it's LDAC haha

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #24,446 of 62,084
That's super cool dude. I just tried that for the first time the other night actually. "End of Eternity" by Asimov (the definitive time travel book IMHO). It was rather uncomfortable though (I'm a side sleeper) with my N6 Pro's. I'd thought of maybe trying my Jabra 65's with the foam tips, the Sony XM3's would prob be too big.

Totally random - a guy I work with has some sort of high end hearing aid that's actually "installed" (for lack of a better word) inside his ear. He said he can pair it with his phone and listen to music and stuff. SBC i'm guessing, doubt it's LDAC haha
I can confirm that the buds live is very comfortable to use while side sleeping. You just have to turn off the "touch" function and it will just act like a wired IEM while sleeping. It is pretty low profile in my ear, probably about the same as Tronsmart Spunky Beats.
20200808_111853.jpg20200808_111927.jpg
Oh and one noticeable difference from the other gbuds is the mid. Vocal no longer sounds thin, it has enough thickness just like N6P mid, treble is less sparkly tho you can still hear the cymbals just fine without the ear piercing.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #24,447 of 62,084
I do have something strange to report. So I was out walking with my toddler around the neighborhood and decided to test the GBL’s outside. My Bluetooth connection was horrible. I was passing by apartment buildings and then crossing the street in open areas where the Bluetooth signal cannot bounce off anything and the music kept fading in and out. I’m using a new 2020 iPhone SE. That’s said, I’m on iOS 14 beta so maybe that has something to do with it. I’m curious if anyone else has any issues while out and about walking. My phone was in my front left pocket facing down, Which is usually how I always carry my phone.

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #24,448 of 62,084
Is it showing off ears day?

I was asked in a PM about running with the Apollos ... I had earlier said that I would not really consider them for running (not sure how secure the fit), so I was 'challenged' and gave it a try ..

aplorun.jpg

And it went kinda as expected ... in the beginning I kept having the feeling the right bud is wiggling itself free, so i kept re-adjusting and by that activated ALL posible touch pad functions. Play / pause, summon siri, change volume ... bit annoying ... by 5K I had them finally jammed in the right way.

They sound great, loud, energetic-bassy, but the thud from foot falls is quite audible. Trick is: find music at 170-180SPM or whatever your running cadence is :wink:

As evident from the above, they do stick out quite some ...

Overall: yes, one can use them for runs ... but I have other I prefer (Sabbat X12, Spunky Beats, Anbes 359, PBP, Bose SSF ... )

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #24,449 of 62,084
I must admit that the sound character of the Apollo Bold's has changed considerably since I first got them. To the point where I feel compelled to amend my review (which I will do when time permits). Whilst I still find them a little too bassy for my tastes, they are really beginning to show some interesting qualities. Whilst I still prefer the sound of the Sony WF1000XM3's by a long way, I have found that they make for good low-volume listening.

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #24,450 of 62,084
With ANC off then because that mode boosts the bass way more than even a basshead can stand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back