Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 27, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #22,996 of 63,252
Oluv will be overjoyed "no more overrated reviews of products that sound awful, next RTings need to go down" :D

Anyways, has anyone here tried TOZO NC9? Finally a budget TWS ANC that has USB-C, volume controls ambient mode.

Yeah, but who just leaves 973,000 subscribers like that?

Jun 27, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #22,997 of 63,252
Yeah, I was informed about the bitpool being only 37 on the Buds+, and that it was probably intentionally set by Samsung, which is a real shame because I've had other chi-fi TWS like the Anbes 359 that sound much cleaner. For general usage like videos and gaming the quality is fine, until there are string instruments or airy choir sounds like the intro of this song:

On an Android phone with dual Bluetooth output (to both the Buds and another device such as a speaker), the Buds sound just as bad as they do by default on SBC, whereas on other earbuds on SBC they only sound bad when using dual output.

The passthrough on the Buds+ is clear but missing a lot of bass frequencies and does some weird panning to compensate for clipping to reducing wind noise. The volume also gradually decreases to your until you restart it. Jabra 65t, Jabees Firefly Pro and MDR-1000X among others keep a steady volume.

#10 is a convenient feature except that Windows 10 stubbornly forces the connection when you power on your machine. In the latest firmware update for the Buds+ there's an option to turn off the seamless connection. Still wish they had multipoint as they first implied there was and then claimed it was a typo.

As an aside, the eartip material is one of the most irritating I have used. While not unbearable, I've never really had itching with other IEM eartips except the Buds+.

Weird, because the Gbuds+ tips are some fo the few tips that DO NOT make my ears itch.

I don't do anything with audio on my Lenova Yoga 720 laptop, which is only for lightweight traveling mail and browsing when I don't want to take a big 16" laptop in my carry on bag. I have my MacBook Bluetooth Explorer App set to force using AptX or to use AAC over SBC, and it works pretty well with never using SBC. So, Gbuds+ work fine for me without SBC and I have not had an issue with volume gradually decreasing.

Jun 27, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #22,998 of 63,252
At the Camper.
15932974114601909480564861706458.jpg

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #22,999 of 63,252
The AKG N400 is seriously awesome. Although Crinancle hated on MW07 (my favorites to date) I have to agree with him on these. The tuning is stellar. It's tuned for an audiophile sound - balanced, crisp and nothing overwhelms but they are very musical. There is some bass boost so they thump nicely but it is not v-shaped. If you like the N6 pro, you will absolutely love these. They are not quite as detailed but they make up for it in tonality.

The rest of the package is compelling. The build quality is superb. They are metal and feel weighty and high quality. Fit is fine. Using stock medium tips plus the largest stabilizers. They are comfortable and seem secure. In addition to the ridiculously good sq, they have ANC. Only negative so far is some hiss in the left bud at no volume which quickly disappears once the volume goes up and they don't support Aptx or Samsung's scaleable codec. I am using an S20 over AAC.

For $200, these are a bargain. They blow away anything in that price range. Can't believe these haven't garnered more attention to date.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #23,000 of 63,252
Weird, because the Gbuds+ tips are some fo the few tips that DO NOT make my ears itch.

I don't do anything with audio on my Lenova Yoga 720 laptop, which is only for lightweight traveling mail and browsing when I don't want to take a big 16" laptop in my carry on bag. I have my MacBook Bluetooth Explorer App set to force using AptX or to use AAC over SBC, and it works pretty well with never using SBC. So, Gbuds+ work fine for me without SBC and I have not had an issue with volume gradually decreasing.
Just wondering what colour version do you have? Mine is cloud blue and comes with clear tips.

Using AAC on my Note 9 sound fine but I've also read some complaints that OnePlus devices restrict the bitrate to 160kbps when using AAC.

The ambient feed seems to be adaptive rather than constant but it is not very noticeable otherwise. The volume only decreases if you are doing an activity that you will notice it like playing the piano. If exposed to a very loud sound like clapping directly into the earbud, they will remain at a lower volume then they were initially - re-inserting the buds restarts it.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #23,001 of 63,252
Using AAC on my Note 9 sound fine but I've also read some complaints that OnePlus devices restrict the bitrate to 160kbps when using AAC.

I've never read this, but that would explain why I didn't like my old Galaxy Buds anymore after I switched from a Pixel 3a to a OnePlus 7T. I don't have the Galaxy Buds anymore but the wf1000xm3 that I have now using AAC sound great on a Pixel 3a. Yes, I went from a 3a to a 7T, then back to a 3a again.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #23,002 of 63,252
Just wondering what colour version do you have? Mine is cloud blue and comes with clear tips.

The ambient feed seems to be adaptive rather than constant but it is not very noticeable otherwise. The volume only decreases if you are doing an activity that you will notice it like playing the piano. If exposed to a very loud sound like clapping directly into the earbud, they will remain at a lower volume then they were initially - re-inserting the buds restarts it.

I went black - I usually like a stealth look. Does the lower audio volume after a loud noise only happen if ambient mode is on, but doesn't happen when it's off?

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #23,003 of 63,252
Fiil T1x & Haylou GT1 Plus. I been listening extensively to both head to head and after many hours of listening, I really like both, but I've come to the conclusion that I prefer the sound of the GT1 Plus. It is so natural and balanced sounding. It's musicality and ability to convey the energy and emotions of the musicians is incredible. I like the T1x, but the GT1 Plus is my favorite right now.

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #23,004 of 63,252
Enjoying my Jabra 75t which sound great once you reduce the bass and increase mid-range in the EQ. The flush fit and tiny charging case really make a big difference!

Looking forward to getting the Technics TWS which should be released mid-July, they lack APTX but AAC doesn't sound so bad on 75t with my Galaxy Note, plus they have a Graphene driver and initial reviews seem to be good. The case is bulky though and they don't sit flush in the ear.

Jun 28, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #23,006 of 63,252
Fiil T1x & Haylou GT1 Plus. I been listening extensively to both head to head and after many hours of listening, I really like both, but I've come to the conclusion that I prefer the sound of the GT1 Plus. It is so natural and balanced sounding. It's musicality and ability to convey the energy and emotions of the musicians is incredible. I like the T1x, but the GT1 Plus is my favorite right now.

That is my observation as well. I wrote here in Feb. "Gotta thank whoever recommended Haylou GT1 plus as I have been enjoying its sound signature immensely. Very organic and natural tone with really good forward projection for TWS. I like it more than FIIL T1X or the tronsmart spunky beats."

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #23,007 of 63,252
That is my observation as well. I wrote here in Feb. "Gotta thank whoever recommended Haylou GT1 plus as I have been enjoying its sound signature immensely. Very organic and natural tone with really good forward projection for TWS. I like it more than FIIL T1X or the tronsmart spunky beats."

I was the lab rabbit on GT1 plus, even though i dont have experience with TWS but i've been using IEM everyday since more than 10 years ago so they must be something. I even tag @Bartig few months back, i even surprised they just starting to get popularity half year after

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #23,008 of 63,252
Ohh it was back on early January!

20200107_143429~2.jpg

Anyone tried this new Haylou GT1 plus? not to be confused with GT1 only / Pro / GT2 because this is the newest from haylou with new 7.2 bio cellulose driver (the other haylou using standard 6mm DD) and Qualcomm Qcc2020 with APTX and cost only $25~ish. Both unit connected to phone directly like QCY T5, not using old master-slave tech. IPX5 rated.

I'm not an expert in TWS world, but I have QCY T5 and T1c/QS2.
They sounded very balance, with touch of sub bass and gentle mid bass, a bit forward midrange, but no emphasize on high mids especially 3khz like T5. T5 sounded a bit thin compared to these, and this set have more details and sounded more mature / smoother. And i was surprised to hear the soundstage and imaging from $25 set, wireless.
They are very small too, you can hide the entire case in your palm without seen at all.
Major drawback that i found is i couldnt use any aftermarket eartips (would prefer wide bore eartips actually).

@Bartig have you try this set? since youre the one among others that also have so many experience with TWS and like the T5 for budget segment. I just read your FiiL T1X review and very interested in them, as recommended by @voicemaster too last time.
Just wanted to hear your impressions about this set. Thanks!

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #23,009 of 63,252
I received a bunch of new toys today, among them these 2 very different Edifier models.
Can you guess which one I find way more exciting and which one goes back?

8DBFAB51-334B-425D-B56F-5EC2BF6244E4.jpeg

The "ugly ones" have more features so possibly more exciting :wink:

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #23,010 of 63,252
The "ugly ones" have more features so possibly more exciting :wink:
Valid reasoning, but no .. keeping the X3 .. out of the box they were already pretty wow. Now with even better fitting tips and connected via AptX to my V1 Tempotec player ... very nice!
The ANC ones ... boy, they do stick out, way more than Bose SSF and the XM3s combined! They are also rather 'eh' in sound and the ANC is ... double 'eh' ...

and well, amazon 'trapped' me into pre-ordering the Sony SPoon, errr, I mean SP800N ... supposed to arrive on Wednesday and let's see if I can get a better fit with them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back