Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 6, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #20,462 of 62,624
Update completed successfully (via iOS). Android app does seem to be borked. Please mention if otherwise, re: Product Variant registration.
iOS here as well.

Mar 6, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #20,464 of 62,624
Bought the Fiil t1x's. ... Luckily the app can mitigate lots of these issues

it would help if I actually knew what the EQ presets were actually doing. Who the hell wants a "New Age" EQ preset anyways? No one usese EQ like that.

As i was reading your post, I was going to say that the app does allow you to change the sensitivity, but looks like you figured it out. Just want to also agree wholeheartedly that the EQ presets are frustrating. Perhaps it was easier for them to hard-code presets versus allowing modification of the EQ on-the-fly...That said, I find the EQ both effective and frustrating.

Mar 6, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #20,465 of 62,624
Many posts ago, I was comparing between the 1Tx and the Mifo o7. And, in my mind the Mifo was superior for many reasons. But, the 1Tx I had was particularly hindered because of bad driver flex and I returned them and wrote an accurate review of both.

Fast-forward through emails and conversations with FiiL, I wanted to share my recent experiences. FilL admitted that they had a production issue and had found a new supplier/manufacturer. They asked me to re-review their 1Tx after sending me another pair. I just PnP'd them and have some initial thoughts, but am holding out updating my initial review until I finish burning them in.

The good news is that the pair they sent doesn't have Driver Flex, so either I randomly got a good pair of they in fact fixed the problem.

While the volume can get much louder on the 1Tx, I found the sound signature harsh on the top end, but the bass is not overly boomy...yet prominent. Their "original" EQ sound signature is very U-Shaped. So, while this is a good thing if your a bass-head and prefer that strong "u" signature, I personally prefer the flat curve with a tight bass that does not bleed or overwhelm and the Mifo o7 just crushes that sound profile for me. If anything, this test has made me realize how much I love the Mifo o7's.

That said, I am definitely going to burn the 1Tx in to see if it reduces the treble harshness and will play around with the EQ profiles to see if I find one that is good, but, I really hope they consider improving their app/firmware to allow for a custom EQ...Because I think if I could tweak it exactly to my liking they would be a really nice TWS. Until then, they are absolutely superb in their price range, but for me can't touch the Mifo o7.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #20,466 of 62,624
Definitely starting to change my mind about the ausounds hybrid. They absolutely need at least 20-30 hours of burn in but they are starting to sound pretty damn good. The harshness at the top end has softened a little and the bass has developed real depth. Tried ANC today on a 2.5 hour train ride and it worked nicely, was definitely able to listen at lower volumes than usual. Pretty much no difference in sound w ANC on vs off. Ambient mode also works pretty decently. Really love the case, it feels premium and fits in that small pocket in my jeans which was something I really missed after returning the AirPods Pro. These sound better than the APP tho imo. Battery life has been better than expected. The low profile of the buds is also great and they’ve been comfy, they don’t go too deep into the ears. No volume controls still kind of annoying. I’m probably going to do a full review after about a week or so more of testing.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #20,467 of 62,624
Many posts ago, I was comparing between the 1Tx and the Mifo o7. And, in my mind the Mifo was superior for many reasons. But, the 1Tx I had was particularly hindered because of bad driver flex and I returned them and wrote an accurate review of both.

Fast-forward through emails and conversations with FiiL, I wanted to share my recent experiences. FilL admitted that they had a production issue and had found a new supplier/manufacturer. They asked me to re-review their 1Tx after sending me another pair. I just PnP'd them and have some initial thoughts, but am holding out updating my initial review until I finish burning them in.

The good news is that the pair they sent doesn't have Driver Flex, so either I randomly got a good pair of they in fact fixed the problem.

While the volume can get much louder on the 1Tx, I found the sound signature harsh on the top end, but the bass is not overly boomy...yet prominent. Their "original" EQ sound signature is very U-Shaped. So, while this is a good thing if your a bass-head and prefer that strong "u" signature, I personally prefer the flat curve with a tight bass that does not bleed or overwhelm and the Mifo o7 just crushes that sound profile for me. If anything, this test has made me realize how much I love the Mifo o7's.

That said, I am definitely going to burn the 1Tx in to see if it reduces the treble harshness and will play around with the EQ profiles to see if I find one that is good, but, I really hope they consider improving their app/firmware to allow for a custom EQ...Because I think if I could tweak it exactly to my liking they would be a really nice TWS. Until then, they are absolutely superb in their price range, but for me can't touch the Mifo o7.
Two different sound profile imho. I have both and enjoy them both for different occasions. You can tamed the high end by using a modded foam tips for t1x tho in my experience, mine doesn't sound harsh anymore after 100+ hours of usage. It might be just my brain adjusting to it I don't know. For EQ, I usually just use "bass" or "flat".

Mar 6, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #20,468 of 62,624
Definitely starting to change my mind about the ausounds hybrid. They absolutely need at least 20-30 hours of burn in but they are starting to sound pretty damn good. The harshness at the top end has softened a little and the bass has developed real depth. Tried ANC today on a 2.5 hour train ride and it worked nicely, was definitely able to listen at lower volumes than usual. Pretty much no difference in sound w ANC on vs off. Ambient mode also works pretty decently. Really love the case, it feels premium and fits in that small pocket in my jeans which was something I really missed after returning the AirPods Pro. These sound better than the APP tho imo. Battery life has been better than expected. The low profile of the buds is also great and they’ve been comfy, they don’t go too deep into the ears. No volume controls still kind of annoying. I’m probably going to do a full review after about a week or so more of testing.
There wasn't any burn in, you got used to the sound. Or you had expectation bias, sorry bro.

Mar 6, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #20,469 of 62,624
There wasn't any burn in, you got used to the sound. Or you had expectation bias, sorry bro.

Fair enough. Sounded better to me after a few days than on day one.

Mar 6, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #20,470 of 62,624
Thanks for sharing. Were these the W versions?

Any luck with other tips in comparison to the stock ones?

Anyone else try other tips for the MW07/Plus? Would be interested in better isolation and tighter bass.

Yes, they were the W. I have a couple other pairs of W's on other buds. I don't find them super comfortable, but good sound and comfy enough. But not with the WM07 for me. But ears are shaped so differently, they might feel great in your ears.

I have some cheap black foam ones that sound and fit well. Comply makes a model that is supposed to be good with the WM07 Plus. I'll bet they would be nice.

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #20,471 of 62,624
Well, here's to catching up. I will say it's rather nice to see that not much has changed, but also disappointing. As @clerkpalmer mentioned, it seems like a slow year for TWS and Everyone still seems to be talking about the same TWS' we were several months ago with a few exceptions, so that calms my FOMO. :L3000:

With this new platform I don't get all the emails anymore. Anything new worth trying? Seems like a slow year for TWS.

I'm with you. It's actually pretty annoying. I got used to getting lots of e-mails everyday from this thread.

The obsession continues.. Just ordered these Boltune ANC TWS: https://www.amazon.com/Boltune-Cancelling-Headphones-Bluetooth-Earphones/dp/B08395B6RB/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1OB7DVGD4ZYNK&keywords=boltune+wireless+headphones+anc&qid=1583350151&sprefix=boltune,aps,154&sr=8-7

Should be arriving early next week. They sound a bit too good to be true on paper particularly for the price, but will report back w my impressions!

I'm very interested to hear your impressions. I have These Boltunes and for the money, the ANC and the sound quality are borderline excellent. I've mentioned this before but the Black version doesn't have the same sound quality as the beige. I've tried 2 pair of the beige and one black and the beige just sounds much better.

I think I've found tip nirvana! Just got some Symbio Ws in today's mail - memory foam core, silicone sleeve. They fit as easily and securely as my Spinfit 360s, but they have great isolation and zero-thunk like foam, without having to mold and hold. I actually had to EQ down the bass on my N6s because these accentuated it a little too much. These things are awesome.

I loved my Symbio's when I got them, but after a while they just hurt my ears and on most of my TWS' the significantly alter the sound signature closing it off. I prefer wide bore tips. like the JVC Spiral dots and the Auvio's from Radio Shack. I also like the tips that came with the N6 and N6p, but the seem to push the mids a bit more forward.

Way to harsh the vibe, bro. I'm not discrediting the brain's adaptation to a sound signature after a user listens to them for a period of time and ear fatigue etc, Those are definitely scientifically proven, but I for one can attest that I have spent hours and weeks burning in TWS' and comparing them to identical sets w/o burn in. There is clearly a difference in some models. The sound signature of the FIIL T1x, Tranya B530 and the Anbes 359/SSK BT-01 irrefutably change after prolonged usage.

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #20,472 of 62,624
I'm going to post this again, because I haven't seen much talk about any of the new ANC TWS' besides the Cleer Ally Plus, 1more ANC, Edifier ANC, Dyplay (which I tried and they were fine for the money but had an odd fit and the ANC was about as good as the Echo Buds w/o the passive isolation and had no ambient/transparency mode. Oh and the sound quality was just bass and more bass) So, anyone else tried any of the new ANC TWS' @hifi80sman, @tma6, @mattedialdoc, @gibletzor, @cwill @clerkpalmer where did all my homies go?

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #20,473 of 62,624
I'm going to post this again, because I haven't seen much talk about any of the new ANC TWS' besides the Cleer Ally Plus, 1more ANC, Edifier ANC, Dyplay (which I tried and they were fine for the money but had an odd fit and the ANC was about as good as the Echo Buds w/o the passive isolation and had no ambient/transparency mode. Oh and the sound quality was just bass and more bass) So, anyone else tried any of the new ANC TWS' @hifi80sman, @tma6, @mattedialdoc, @gibletzor, @cwill @clerkpalmer where did all my homies go?

Yooo glad to have you back man. I went mia for a bit too. Will def let you know bout the Boltune ANC buds when I get them in hand. I’d start taking notice of these AuSound Hybrids too. Not totally sold yet, but there are certain things I really like about them. Will def be writing a full review after a week or so if work dies down a little :)

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #20,474 of 62,624

I've been enjoying the Sony buds immensely. Still getting used to their quirks but they let me enjoy music in just about any setting.
I'm really looking forward to the technics release next month but with all the Corona virus measures going on I don't I will be able to give them a listen...

Mar 7, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #20,475 of 62,624
What TWS buds offer higher levels of maximum volumes, happy to spend up to £300 or so. I have MW07 Plus and in every area they are great but having to listen to these on Max all the time is a shame as it leaves no headroom. I have tried a number of TWS and find the volume level to always be limited.

/Edit - I will take a look at volume booster apps of which there are many. Appreciate app recommendations :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back