Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #18,451 of 63,208
Fit is pretty subjective so I wouldn’t base your decision on that. With respect to ANC and transparency my only comment is that at their current price, I can give them a pass but I hope they have a more full featured set in the works.

Probably will wait for a more featured LC3 capable set in the future. For now still have the Motorola coming perhaps next week as they are due out on the 14th. Video, btw... https://www.youtube.com/embed/bdka3VWxnXM

Those will have VC and aux-in and I might go for the new AT Sport90BT since it has ambient and 4GB storage and more sports oriented to take out and hang on the neck and auto pausing when the magnets engage. I will be covered with those two and the Verve buds 200 to till next CES and what that will bring.

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #18,453 of 63,208
Can someone comment on the sound quality difference between N6 Pro and Senn MTW?
Thanks
I will try based on memory. MTW is very warm with a lot of bass quantity and quality. I had to eq the bass down on them otherwise I felt it was too much. That said, I enjoyed the tonality once the bass was taken care of. Very enjoyable to listen to. Senn has a “house” sound that many people like.

The N6 is colder and more clinical. Everything is very clean, tight and uncolored. There is more air to them and the soundstage is wider.

Two very different approaches.

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #18,455 of 63,208
I'm torn between the GT1 Plus and the T5. What do you say the best overall earphone out of the two is if you disregard the price.

Also, how's the call quality on the GT1 Plus?

Overall i will choose GT1 plus than T5 because mids are thicker on GT1 plus and sub bass texture is better and without T5's high mid 3khz peak. Soundstage and imaging on par if not a little bit better in GT1 plus.

About sound call quality, as receptor i heard clear voices, but i cant tell more about thenkic quality since i never give deep test about it but when i asked my wife, she said clear, what's the matter? (And i didn't explain that i called with another new earphone :grin:)

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #18,456 of 63,208
Overall i will choose GT1 plus than T5 because mids are thicker on GT1 plus and sub bass texture is better and without T5's high mid 3khz peak. Soundstage and imaging on par if not a little bit better in GT1 plus.

About sound call quality, as receptor i heard clear voices, but i cant tell more about thenkic quality since i never give deep test about it but when i asked my wife, she said clear, what's the matter? (And i didn't explain that i called with another new earphone :grin:)
Lol i also always call my wife to check new TWS for call quality and she always ask why? and I just say oh its its my new IEM.

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #18,457 of 63,208

Sounds like my kind of earphone..

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #18,458 of 63,208

Anyone tried this new Haylou GT1 plus? not to be confused with GT1 only / Pro / GT2 because this is the newest from haylou with new 7.2 bio cellulose driver (the other haylou using standard 6mm DD) and Qualcomm Qcc2020 with APTX and cost only $25~ish. Both unit connected to phone directly like QCY T5, not using old master-slave tech. IPX5 rated.

I'm not an expert in TWS world, but I have QCY T5 and T1c/QS2.
They sounded very balance, with touch of sub bass and gentle mid bass, a bit forward midrange, but no emphasize on high mids especially 3khz like T5. T5 sounded a bit thin compared to these, and this set have more details and sounded more mature / smoother. And i was surprised to hear the soundstage and imaging from $25 set, wireless.
They are very small too, you can hide the entire case in your palm without seen at all.
Major drawback that i found is i couldnt use any aftermarket eartips (would prefer wide bore eartips actually).

@Bartig have you try this set? since youre the one among others that also have so many experience with TWS and like the T5 for budget segment. I just read your FiiL T1X review and very interested in them, as recommended by @voicemaster too last time.
Just wanted to hear your impressions about this set. Thanks!
I think the original haylou was advertised as 7.2mm as well.

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #18,459 of 63,208
Sennheiser momentum or Anker liberty pro 2 ?
I'm wanting to go true wireless iem for exercise purposes only and happy to accept some loss of SQ.

I like good strong bass and don't like sibilant trebles

Would you guys say I was on the right track with either of the momentum or liberty pros ? Or am I missing some important others.
Hope it's ok to post a recommendation request here .

Cheers
Don't like sibilance like me. Try the Mpow M5. I compared it with the $1000 Shure 846 I just noticed in your signature. Their sonic signature quite the same path. Smooth strong bass, less sibilance. Strong thick mid.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #18,460 of 63,208
I think the original haylou was advertised as 7.2mm as well.

You are right sorry i mixed up, using the same 7.2mm DD but this new pkus using biological membrane or i dont know if it just marketing gimmick. Its the first haylou with qualcomm chip and have aptx then. My bad

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #18,461 of 63,208
You are right sorry i mixed up, using the same 7.2mm DD but this new pkus using biological membrane or i dont know if it just marketing gimmick. Its the first haylou with qualcomm chip and have aptx then. My bad
If it has thick mids, it's on my radar :)

Jan 12, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #18,463 of 63,208
I need some tips for my Fiil T1X. There’s an airy sound when I put my finger up to the controls and I can’t get a good fit with any of the cheap tips I have. Prefer to order from Amazon because of fast shipping...
Not amazon, but for the T1x, I like the Radio Shack Auvio's

Really? I see a whole lot of good words about the Liberty 2 Pro, and while I like the wide soundstage of it, I also find the sound very artificial. Way overboosted bass - up until the point that it can really get annoying, even with the reduced bass EQ - and I hear a certain hiss over upper-mids, like female vocals. I absolutely love the build quality and app, but the sound doesn't do the trick for me.
Try the new manual EQ, with the version 3. once I boosted the mids way up the bass was almost underwhelming, but they still sound great.

Same tips right, comparing the Nuarl with each other. Still thinking they probably both need more hours. Seem close though to make preference be the deciding factor. What about the stage size??

I got to checkout with the Edifier, which seems in stock but no volume control according to the manual...

Then also, in the Helm video it is obvious to see the rotary control thing was an issue so they scrapped it but don't think I want touch. So, my list is seemingly getting shorter and shorter.

Yes, same tips. I'm not sure if this is what you are asking, but I feel like the sound stage of the N6 is nearly identical to the Pro if not identical.

Jan 12, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #18,464 of 63,208
If it has thick mids, it's on my radar :)

They are not too thick and bodied, but they are not thin, but overall is smooth, no mid bass punch but more gentle midbass followed by decent sub bass but definitely not for basshead.
Their pros are clean and balance sounds, with wide soundstage and surprisingly decent imaging for this cheap price.
Cons are cant use any other eartips because the case is so small, and their volume is a bit lower than the qcy (i use max volume on my v40, wish i could up them 1-2 steps more)

Jan 12, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #18,465 of 63,208
Thank you for the time and energy you put into this. I really appreciate it.
No problem at all. Do post about which ones you end up getting, and if you find another pair that fits this category well, definitely want to hear about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back