Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 29, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #17,792 of 62,422
Hi guys, I've been skipping the TWS because of SQ, and maybe will buy decent 1 later if they comeout with great hybrid or great DD. At least the SQ and technicalities can match up with great budget iem like kz zsx, or trn BA5, v90 or above them a bit like moondrop starfield, tinhifi t4, lz a6 mini etc.

I ve tried the sony WF 1000 XM3 just for a while, they are good and tuned well but value wise i still feel they are quite expensive.

So I just want to buy budget tws for a transit one while waiting for TWS to evolve more. Ive been fast read last hundreds of pages, wow this thread is crazy.

On budget level TWS which one have best SQ, i prefer the balanced one, a bit harmanish is good, good all rounder. With good soundstage and imaging if Im not asking too much.
I have a pair of qcy t1c and used by my wife.

Between QCY T5, new released Haylou GT1 plus (Qualcomm chipset, 7.2mm dd) which one is better in terms of SQ?
Seriously the other aspects are just bonuses if they are good, I just care about sound quality only. Or is there any better option down there?
Not gonna spend more than $30 for transit TWS.

Thanks in advance guys
Can you get hold of the Bomaker SiFi? They do charge via Micro USB, but have a small case, IPX 7, and honestly sound Efing amazing! They have volume control, track navigation, access to your assistent, are very small and comfortable to wear, can't find my manual or the specs online from bomakers site, for battery life anyway, other than a general estimate of 25-30 hours according to the product info section of amazon US. Haven't tested this yet, but from those specs i'd say 6 hours of use from them is likely possible. Most i've worn them for was 2 hours tonight and 2.5 hours a couple days ago, and they were almost at 90% the other day, forgot to check today before i plugged them back in. These are a great all arounder but if i point one thing out about the sound sig, it's that theres some sloppy sub bass at times, but doesn't drown anything out but point it out because that's the biggest flaw i've noticed. generally, as much as a TWS can have a soundstage of any kind, and a couple manage to, these do pretty well in that regard as well. I had a pair of QCY T1C, and if they hadn't been stolen i'd still have them. But the Bomakers have fuller mids, and across the board; are smoother and mor controled by a sizeable amount. the MSRP is $50. one could do far worse for $50, but on Amazon U.S. theres a $15 off coupon, and Bomaker is offering at minimum on their site 10% off. Yes there are better TWEs out there, but most of them, cost 2, 3 times or mor than these. At $35, they are a noBrainer if any of the use cases i mentioned meet what you're looking for. oh a couple other important things, they support APTX, AAC and can be paired and used in mono..

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #17,793 of 62,422
Can you get hold of the Bomaker SiFi? They do charge via Micro USB, but have a small case, IPX 7, and honestly sound Efing amazing! They have volume control, track navigation, access to your assistent, are very small and comfortable to wear, can't find my manual or the specs online from bomakers site, for battery life anyway, other than a general estimate of 25-30 hours according to the product info section of amazon US. Haven't tested this yet, but from those specs i'd say 6 hours of use from them is likely possible. Most i've worn them for was 2 hours tonight and 2.5 hours a couple days ago, and they were almost at 90% the other day, forgot to check today before i plugged them back in. These are a great all arounder but if i point one thing out about the sound sig, it's that theres some sloppy sub bass at times, but doesn't drown anything out but point it out because that's the biggest flaw i've noticed. generally, as much as a TWS can have a soundstage of any kind, and a couple manage to, these do pretty well in that regard as well. I had a pair of QCY T1C, and if they hadn't been stolen i'd still have them. But the Bomakers have fuller mids, and across the board; are smoother and mor controled by a sizeable amount. the MSRP is $50. one could do far worse for $50, but on Amazon U.S. theres a $15 off coupon, and Bomaker is offering at minimum on their site 10% off. Yes there are better TWEs out there, but most of them, cost 2, 3 times or mor than these. At $35, they are a noBrainer if any of the use cases i mentioned meet what you're looking for. oh a couple other important things, they support APTX, AAC and can be paired and used in mono..
AND they’re coming up for a Lightning Deal on Amazon a bit later today!

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #17,795 of 62,422
+1 on the Bomaker... Probably the best all-arounder for the least money at $35!

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #17,796 of 62,422
Been using the 1More for a week now. I'm still having trouble finding the right fit they still fall out on my ears, I tried spinfit cc360s, they did improve it a bit, ANC seem to block out aircons, microwaves and sounds like that ( haven't tried any other ANCs).
Sound wise they're gonna please the basshead like me eapespecia the using stongs ANC.

Dec 29, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #17,797 of 62,422
Been using the 1More for a week now. I'm still having trouble finding the right fit they still fall out on my ears, I tried spinfit cc360s, they did improve it a bit, ANC seem to block out aircons, microwaves and sounds like that ( haven't tried any other ANCs).
Sound wise they're gonna please the basshead like me eapespecia the using stongs ANC.
Interesting on fit as I would have thought the fit would be the star of the show. Like Bose. Can you compare the sound quality to other tws you have tried? Are they worth 200 bucks? I’m intrigued by them but 200 plus no returns in the US seems like a risk. Maybe when they make them to the US store.

Dec 29, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #17,798 of 62,422
+1 on the Bomaker... Probably the best all-arounder for the least money at $35!

Speaking of the Bomaker; fwiw, and just my opinion; They do tend to be bright (not sibilant). V. good soundstage and nicely detailed. They benefit from using Comply (or foam) tips. Tames the highs without smothering them. I liked almost everything about them except their inability to handle deeper bass. If driven past a certain point - but within reason and sane volume, the driver will overload and break up. Something that won't happen - for example - with any of the Tranya's I've used. I kept the Bomaker's just shy of a month before they were returned with some regret.

Maybe, at that price,it might be, but considering the available coupon discounts, I would opine the Fiil T1x a better overall package & product than the Bomaker, for about $5.00 more. Granted, we all hear differently and to each their own, but, the SiFi, is bass challenged beyond a certain point with some music. Imnsho.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #17,799 of 62,422
I always think about pulling the trigger on the MW07 Plus, until I remember they do not support AAC and multipoint, which the 1st version does. I read on here a firmware update is claimed to be in the works, but take that with a grain (or more) of salt.
Yeah. They keep promising an update but I’m not holding my breath. Separately, maybe it’s in my mind, but my mw07 go sounded better to me on my note versus the mw07 plus on iOS. A lot of thing may contribute to the differences and it wasn’t back to back but in the end I’m not going back to mw07 until aac is supported or I switch back to android.

Dec 29, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #17,800 of 62,422
Interesting on fit as I would have thought the fit would be the star of the show. Like Bose. Can you compare the sound quality to other tws you have tried? Are they worth 200 bucks? I’m intrigued by them but 200 plus no returns in the US seems like a risk. Maybe when they make them to the US store.
Only tried 2 other tws (RHA and Sabbat e12) both had better fit for me then these, in my opinion wait for better reviews on YouTube, I'm not really a expect in this, soz

Dec 29, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #17,802 of 62,422
Don't know whether this is the right place, but this thread is the only one I regularly visit...

I was gifted the APP as a birthday present and I’ve used them on several flights since then, as well as using them daily for dog walks. My go to aircraft headphones are either WH-1000XM3s or Bose 700s, so I thought you’d like a comparison, especially as all are roughly the same price.

TL;DR: I was surprised how good the APPs are…. they just need better battery life to beat the over-ears for flying. They are easily the best headphone for dog walks of all the TWS and over ears I have.

1. Sound Quality. The WH-1000XM3s, with EQ or better True-Fi, are the best to listen to almost all types of music and video I listen to. The APPs, surprisingly for me, come in second, with the Bose 700s last. Let’s be clear that none match the Etymotic ER-4XR for music listening to my old ears, but you’re on a plane so music fidelity is inevitably compromised.
  2. Comfort. I have glasses so in-ears are always going to beat over-ears for me, however, the APPs are easily the most comfortable in-ears/TWS I have whereas the ER-4XR are at the other end of the spectrum. I prefer the XM3s over the 700s by a significant margin: firstly I can’t sleep in the 700s because they stick out so you can’t sleep resting with your head on the window, secondly the XM3s have a more comfortable headband and ear-cups. Having said that I’ve worn the Bose for many hours without annoyance.. The APPs just fade away when I sleep and don’t fall out. A big win for the APP for me.
  3. Microphone/Call quality. The XM3s have unacceptable call quality for conference calls, the Etymotics don’t even have a microphone (and don’t even mention the one with the ES100 BT adapter) which is why I got the 700s to try to get a single headphone for flights and conference calls… which was the holy grail for me. The 700s have indeed got an amazing microphone that is easily the best of any Bluetooth headphone, however, the APP is the first TWS which has an acceptable microphone (and this my 5th TWS). I was shocked how good the APP’s microphone is.
  4. Video and Sound latency. I’m incredibly sensitive to latency where sound and lip movement diverge in videos. The XM3 is the worst, to the point that though the sound is great, I cannot watch some Netflix on an iPad with the XM3. The 700 is better than the XM3 but the APP is significantly better than either, and tests prove it ([AirPods Pro Bluetooth Latency - stephencoyle.net](https://stephencoyle.net/airpods-pro). The APP is the only one I can have keyboard clicks turn on and not get too upset. However, the APP isn’t good enough to do video or audio editing, or the like so don’t get your hopes up too much. (Oh, and LDAP on an Android is not that much better BTW for the XM3s to my eyes)
  5. Transparency mode. I think all are good enough, however, I’ve noticed that the XM3 and the others differ: The XM3 blocks out loud sounds such as sirens whereas the others let them through. I like the XM3 for doing that and think it is a big benefit.
  6. Bugs. All of these headphones have bugs that annoy but the best, most sorted one, is easily the APP. For example, when you’re taking off the noise cancelling doesn’t go bananas like the other two. Don’t get me started on the 700 which shouldn’t have been released with the bugs it had, and still has bugs like transparency mode suddenly reverting back after a few seconds, or mute doesn’t work properly in some standard conferencing systems e.g. MS Teams. The XM3 ones are well documented.
  7. Battery life. The APP is a pain on the 11-15 hour flights I typically take, since at best they last 5 hours, and at worst only 3.5 hours. The latter is because the one thing that kills battery life is the use of the microphone on a conference or phone call, yet it is my most often use in the departure or arrivals areas. The Sony has battery life you forget about, the Bose is just OK. Even with the knowledge that the battery life is too low, I still ended up using the APPs on the flight when I could because of comfort, then refilling them, and using them again.
  8. Noise Cancelling. This is dependent on where you’re sitting and the type of plane/engines/ age so I can’t give you a scientific answer. However, I’ve travelled with the XM3 and 700 for over 25k air miles and can say the XM3 are slightly better than the 700. After about 10K air miles with the APP and 700s together, I think the 700s are better in the air, whereas on the ground I think the APP is about equal, since it seems to cut traffic noise better. I didn’t expect the APP to be even close to the 700 or XM3 but it can be in some circumstances. It is almost as if the APP is tuned for City noise and the others for aircraft cabin noise. Oh, and the best noise deadening solution remains the XM3s on the outside and the ER-4XRs on the inside….
  9. Walk thump. I walk a lot with headphones whether it be with dogs or luggage around an airport. I have little to no thump at all with the APPs and am delighted but surprised. I get some thump with every other TWS, and let’s not talk about the Etymotics.. Yes, I do get thump if I run, but I don’t run much, so that isn’t a problem for me.

Dec 29, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #17,803 of 62,422
I'll update my experience after a week with the Motorola Verve Buds 200.
upload_2019-12-29_14-45-25.png

Been happy with the design and build. Worthy of a brand like Motorola and more solid than a lot of the $40-ish generic black plastic build models. Small solid case, LED cutely integrated into the logo. They use red and blue. Red for charge, blue for connection, blinking red and blue for pairing. Wings and such well made and fit in well. I have the middle size attachment for my most secure fit. The neckband is the same size as the medium as far as ear fitting size. I can also use the smallest size for regular use but they not stay in when active. Maybe the VB 200 are a bit bigger than some other models but only the smaller ears should have an issue. I settled on these blue generic tips from some cheap in-ears I had tried or reviewed some time back...
upload_2019-12-29_14-45-52.png

Still find the connection very solid. Range does cap at 50 feet though. Not the 70 or so like with the BackBay Duet 50 but the connection is faster and even better than those were. Chatty little things though they connect as fast as anything I have had so far. Bout as fast as my Philips action fit cans I also recently got and is a just released BT5.0 model. You get the "Hello Moto', "power on", "R pairing", "L pairing", and "connected" all in a row right quick but I don't catch that all unless you are in a hurry getting them in your ears.

The sound is solid for the $40-ish price. A good gym/exercise sound. Big stage and more up front and immediate but still hears some things can be thrown with more depth if in the recording. Bassy but rich and some heft to it more than just a big bass slant. Good mix of richness and clarity and the good size and not slow or plodding in the decay. I did add treble EQ in the beginning but after run in I didn't need it anymore. Maybe if going to larger tips and sealing them up as much as possible where they will give the most bass but I am good with M size tips. A big upfront sound with good but not overbearing bass is good for the intended purpose but also something I like for regular music listening. Engaging is engaging. Might get you going when running around but still fun in general for my tastes. I like em! Got them for free but would be fine if I had paid for them as, IMO, they are worth their price and good for sports and casual listening.

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #17,805 of 62,422
Nothing shows up for me at all in the FIIL app. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Did my screenshot come through here? I uploaded it and it says it's attached.
Try opening the case while the app is searching for the earbuds. Or you can just leave the earbuds in the case with the case open while connecting to the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back