Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 28, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #17,776 of 62,380
Hi guys, I've been skipping the TWS because of SQ, and maybe will buy decent 1 later if they comeout with great hybrid or great DD. At least the SQ and technicalities can match up with great budget iem like kz zsx, or trn BA5, v90 or above them a bit like moondrop starfield, tinhifi t4, lz a6 mini etc.

I ve tried the sony WF 1000 XM3 just for a while, they are good and tuned well but value wise i still feel they are quite expensive.

So I just want to buy budget tws for a transit one while waiting for TWS to evolve more. Ive been fast read last hundreds of pages, wow this thread is crazy.

On budget level TWS which one have best SQ, i prefer the balanced one, a bit harmanish is good, good all rounder. With good soundstage and imaging if Im not asking too much.
I have a pair of qcy t1c and used by my wife.

Between QCY T5, new released Haylou GT1 plus (Qualcomm chipset, 7.2mm dd) which one is better in terms of SQ?
Seriously the other aspects are just bonuses if they are good, I just care about sound quality only. Or is there any better option down there?
Not gonna spend more than $30 for transit TWS.

Thanks in advance guys

i have a soft spot for QCY products, i had three of them so far (and still kept two) and all of them has a pleasing balanced sound with mature tuning.

i like them so much that i personally won't buy 20usd or less wired earphones anymore, because i think they're just better sounding, more convenient to use, and just overall better valued

Haylou is also highly regarded here, though i have not test them personally. general consensus is Haylous are usually more bass oriented while QCYs are more balanced. both seems to be on the same SQ level

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #17,777 of 62,380
Man, this itch won't go away, I keep thinking of getting the MW07 plus or go. But there is thing called a conscious that tells me I have enough.
I have fairly good self control but, I miss that sound.
I generally sell something to justify the new toy but I'm at a point where I like everything I have so I'd have to just do it.

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #17,778 of 62,380
Man, this itch won't go away, I keep thinking of getting the MW07 plus or go. But there is thing called a conscious that tells me I have enough.
I generally sell something to justify the new toy but I'm at a point where I like everything I have so I'd have to just do it.
Not to be an enabler but I just put my mw07 plus in the classifieds if you are interested. Used twice. Just not fitting properly for me. Not sure why.

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #17,779 of 62,380
Not to be an enabler but I just put my mw07 plus in the classifieds if you are interested. Used twice. Just not fitting properly for me. Not sure why.
At that price if they where the black ones, I would have bought instantly. That is a great price!
That's a fear of mine to is if they'll fit my right ear. I had issues with the first iteration.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #17,780 of 62,380
At that price if they where the black ones, I would have bought instantly. That is a great price!
That's a fear of mine to is if they'll fit my right ear. I had issues with the first iteration.
Funny I always buy black. I decided to change it up. They don’t look much different than AirPods.

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #17,781 of 62,380
These earbuds are tiny put pack a punch, jabra 75t sound great!
20191228_185637.jpg

Dec 29, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #17,783 of 62,380
Bought the Tranya Rimor and the sound is perfect, except there’s almost no bass when compared with even cheaper buds.

I have the Fiil T1X coming next week, and have read here and watched a few reviews that say the new app gives a lot of options, which is crazy for $40.

Dec 29, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #17,784 of 62,380
I always think about pulling the trigger on the MW07 Plus, until I remember they do not support AAC and multipoint, which the 1st version does. I read on here a firmware update is claimed to be in the works, but take that with a grain (or more) of salt.

Dec 29, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #17,785 of 62,380

This is how I felt about getting the Powerbeats Pro!

And now I am very glad I got them. I put them through the paces today on a 26mile (42k) run and they still had 56% battery left, enough for another marathon :) Sound and fit are great, I have never been a big fan of using Siri, but today that worked actually really smoothly and was very useful (change volume, new playlist)
What surprised me most is that there is NO runner's thud! I thought the fit is similar to the APP, while in-ear, no full insertion. But I get that thud with the APP, not with the PBP. Also, no pain from that ear hook after 4h.
Overall very happy!

May you reach the same level of happiness eventually with your MW07 plus or go :)

Dec 29, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #17,787 of 62,380
This is how I felt about getting the Powerbeats Pro!

And now I am very glad I got them. I put them through the paces today on a 26mile (42k) run and they still had 56% battery left, enough for another marathon :) Sound and fit are great, I have never been a big fan of using Siri, but today that worked actually really smoothly and was very useful (change volume, new playlist)
What surprised me most is that there is NO runner's thud! I thought the fit is similar to the APP, while in-ear, no full insertion. But I get that thud with the APP, not with the PBP. Also, no pain from that ear hook after 4h.
Overall very happy!

May you reach the same level of happiness eventually with your MW07 plus or go :)

An IEM that seals the ear canal with no runner's thud? That sounds like black magic! Can you compare how it feels to run with them versus THE runner's TWE, i. e, the X12? Much less ambient noise, less wind noise too I suppose? On top of the thud I also found that IEMs somewhat altered my sense of balance.

Dec 29, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #17,788 of 62,380
An IEM that seals the ear canal with no runner's thud? That sounds like black magic! Can you compare how it feels to run with them versus THE runner's TWE, i. e, the X12? Much less ambient noise, less wind noise too I suppose? On top of the thud I also found that IEMs somewhat altered my sense of balance.

It DOES appear like black magic! Even when I got a sweat on and that resulted in a better seal... still no thud! I want to find some YT review that corroborates that. Maybe I am just going crazy :wink:
Never noticed any balance issue with IEM vs open.
Will have to see how I can set up some running ABing for those 2 models ... can’t say much about ambient noise, as Japan along the river is wonderfully serene.
Speaking of half in ear TWS, there is another cheapo out now called the YA12 (a very clear X12 clone with clicky buttons), and since I had some coupons to burn, I jumped on that one. Let’s see, might be as bad as that infamous T8 model

431164D8-0BBA-45E3-A6BF-26EF2C62C1A7.jpeg

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #17,789 of 62,380
It DOES appear like black magic! Even when I got a sweat on and that resulted in a better seal... still no thud! I want to find some YT review that corroborates that. Maybe I am just going crazy :wink:
Never noticed any balance issue with IEM vs open.
Will have to see how I can set up some running ABing for those 2 models ... can’t say much about ambient noise, as Japan along the river is wonderfully serene.
Speaking of half in ear TWS, there is another cheapo out now called the YA12 (a very clear X12 clone with clicky buttons), and since I had some coupons to burn, I jumped on that one. Let’s see, might be as bad as that infamous T8 model

I wonder if that is the last purchase of yours in 2019. Probably not :)

Dec 29, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #17,790 of 62,380

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back