Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 17, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #17,401 of 62,424
Dec 17, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #17,402 of 62,424
Had anyone tested the Mifo 07 dual balanced?

Hows the SQ and fit?

How isgood is the battery life? Mifos website claims +8 h while Aliexpress stores claims 7h.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #17,403 of 62,424
I find the spunky beat buds are too small. The seal not as good - moving the jaws will change the sound too.
They also have less power in the mids and also less bass rumble than Mpow M5
Spunky beat & SSK sound more detailed - because a more V shaped sound is applied I think..

How about the mpow t6? A seller on eBay gave me an offer 15$ of..
Are they any good?

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #17,404 of 62,424
Dec 17, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #17,406 of 62,424
Choo, Nuarl Train, Choo! I found the Nuarl N6 pro on amazon.us but it's $96 more than in Japan. :grin: Looks like i'll be waiting a while.

Curious now ... what's the difference between the Pro and the regular? The IPX rating?

nuraln06.jpg

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #17,407 of 62,424
Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #17,409 of 62,424
Are you using the app? There is an EQ in it. also make sure to burn them in for a good amount of time. My second set is going on 1900 minutes of just burn it. I've used the L2pro tips, Nuarl tips and the Auvio tips. The Auvio's sound the best to me. I have the spinfit 360's but everytime I used them they make the midbass really punchy and reduce the high end. I also just got some Symbio Mandarin w/ peel and w/o peel. going to test them out soon with the T1x. So far after some serious tip rolling and breaking the Peels in, they are fantastic.

Which Symbio’s do I need for the T1X?

Dec 17, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #17,410 of 62,424
Curious now ... what's the difference between the Pro and the regular? The IPX rating?

https://nuarl.com/en/n6/

Edit: sorry, didn't see the previous post. the Pro is supposed to be a neutral SS, where the N6 is supposed to be more like the NT01A/AX from what I read. I believe they are the same in all other regards. N6 pro comes with spinfits.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #17,411 of 62,424
Which Symbio’s do I need for the T1X?
Not sure. I think it depends on your ears. I believe they are all the same except for the Peel, they just come with different inserts. I got the W and the W peel. Personally I'm having better luck with the Peel. The (W) hybrid tip feels like it needs a lot of breaking in for me to be comfortable, and my right ear just doesn't play nice all the time, but the isolation is excellent and sound is great. I'm still in the process of breaking the W in. but I'm using the peel on my XM3's, NT01A and my L2pro's right now. I just tried the W on my T1x, listened to "The Ocean" by the mighty Zepp. sounds awesome. the memory foam kind of pushes the tip out of my ear, so i'm hoping when it softens up a bit it will be perfect.

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #17,414 of 62,424
My first foray into TW headphones is with the Cambridge Melomania 1's. I did a fair bit of research on these and it was either going to be these or the Sony XM3s.

I ended up returning them after a week. Some of its issues are more about TW headphones themselves rather than specifically to the Cambridge.
My previous BT headphones are Anker Soundsurge headphones, which cost the princely sum of £18 a couple of years ago, but in fairness apart from the pretty poor battery life (around 4 hours tops) they seem to punch above their weight for sound quality.

Anyway I decided I wanted an upgrade so I plumped for these.

First off I bought them mainly for use in the office, but immediately found them somewhat impractical. If someone comes and talks to me (very frequent) then with my old neckbuds I just pulled them out my ears and let them hang on my neck. With these, I had to remove one of the earphones and either hold it or put it down (and hope I don't forget it). For that reason alone I don't think I'll be getting any other TW headphone.

Secondly, I nearly lost one of the buds on the very first night, it was walking home, raining, had my hood up, stopped raining, pulled my hood down, this caught the bud and nearly pulled it out. Bearing in mind I'm in the middle of winter in a country that gets little daylight at this time, and where I was there was little lighting, I could easily have lost it.

Third, the fit was difficult. I could get a good seal but keeping it was difficult. No such problems with my Ankers. I know people will say "buy foam tips" but thats an ongoing expense and I dislike how these foam tips end up looking after even a short period of time.

Finally, one earbud just start dropping out after a couple of days, so essentially defective.

However, even when they worked, I have to say I was disappointed. They don't sound any better to me than my £18 Ankers, despite costing me 5x the price. Now, I am aware that I'm paying for a lot of technology in a small package, but honestly, I was surprised and disappointed by that. In fact, I would go so far as to say the Ankers sounded more pleasing to my ears; the Cambridge's sounded a bit Sennheiser-ish to me, that is, they are more warm and bassy, so they just sounded a bit dull and unexciting to me. The Ankers just sounded crisper, cleaner, more enjoyable, and they were less than 1/5th of the price.

Apparently these sound nearly as good as the XM3s so with that being the case, I'd have to say, they're alright for convenience in certain usage cases, but for good quality audio, these are miles off the mark. I heard someone on a review say they were as good as full sized headphones. Well they might be as good as cheap ones, but compared to my B&W P7Ws they sounded pathetic quite honestly (although clearly not a fair comparison but still, at least one can temper their expectations when such a statement that they sound as good as full sized cans do are circulated).

So yeah, to answer the original question, IMO, if this is in the top tier of TW headphones then no they aren't ready yet, at least, not if one cares about good quality and reliable audio performance, as they delivered neither.

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #17,415 of 62,424
Got six pairs of JVC Spiral Dots from Penon Audio today.
2x M-ML-L (L was too big, and was wasted money)
BUT, my God! The ML with the updated Lypertek Tevi!! :L3000::L3000::L3000:

With Spinfit CP360 I used the "bass booster settings", but with the Spiral dots it's soo good with flat eq/Lypertek signature in the app.

PS: I owe it to you d3myz, for your glowing reviews of these tips several times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back