Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 28, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #16,321 of 62,210
Let us know how it goes. I would have thought that running would be the ultimate thump test, unless there's no suspension on your bike and you have hard rubber tires ? :wink: Ah unfortunately my Nillkin Go order got cancelled by AliExpress for some reason so I won't be able to see if they also work for me without "the thump" while running :frowning2:

Only did 6K Fartleks with them this morning ... and they sure 'thump' ... not as bad as others that I have to jam up my earcanals, but it is there. And after using the X12 the last few days, it is a bit annoying, but I guess I can get used to it again ... the ANC is just lovely! And sit very securely and unobtrusive. For that 180BPM EDM playlist I was jamming to today, I was happy with the SQ.

Have not checked on the soaked X12 yet.

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #16,325 of 62,210
Let us know how it goes. I would have thought that running would be the ultimate thump test, unless there's no suspension on your bike and you have hard rubber tires ? :wink: Ah unfortunately my Nillkin Go order got cancelled by AliExpress for some reason so I won't be able to see if they also work for me without "the thump" while running :frowning2:

Only did 6K Fartleks with them this morning ... and they sure 'thump' ... not as bad as others that I have to jam up my earcanals, but it is there. And after using the X12 the last few days, it is a bit annoying, but I guess I can get used to it again ... the ANC is just lovely! And sit very securely and unobtrusive. For that 180BPM EDM playlist I was jamming to today, I was happy with the SQ.

Have not checked on the soaked X12 yet.

Like Caipirina said, the Nillkin still do thump, but much less than most IEMs. I've tested the T1 for motorcycle riding, and it has similar non rumbling thump like the Nillkin, but with more noise rejection, possibly because of the more dense material. But the downside is it hurts my ears from the helmet pressure. I will try mod it to reduce the pressure.

@Caipirina when you said ANC, which TWS are you referring to? The APP, i presume?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #16,326 of 62,210
Sorry buddy but based on the gear you have he is more your kind of guy :wink:
Truth is I dislike most of the gear I have....... kept them because too lazy to sell...
I like only the SSK and Mpow M5

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #16,330 of 62,210
These companies. sheesh. Do they think they can buy me like Gamesky? :laughing:

upload_2019-11-29_1-59-4.png

Nov 29, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #16,331 of 62,210
That's Awesome! thanks for testing that out.
no prob. It's first world, because not like theres extra effort with this or anything, but will be nice3 on the next update when during the pairing process, you're phone will just auto pair to each individually, similar to how Apple does with the W1 and whatever it's sequal is called.

Nov 29, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #16,332 of 62,210
That's sounds awesome. Thank you for spending the time to test it.

This might be the perfect TWS iem for me since it have a good microphone that's comparable to AirPod Pro and long 7 plus battery life.

Now I just hope revision 3 fix the hiss and not too sound signature is too bright for me.
Of course. One thing i will add though, if you don't currently have a snapdragon 845 or newer, then as long as each earbud has the specs to work indipendently, you could still pair them each to your phone and have similar results. My friend's phone has the 835, and i first paired the main earbud for the set she was using, then both worked together. Then i put the earbud which was acting as the master in the case, which forced the other in to pairing mode. I paired it and it worked just fine of course, then i took out the other earbud and they synced almost immediately. I then put both back in the case, pulled 1 out it paired, put it back. Pulled out the other and it did the same. This is wordy, but point is that even with older sources, as long as each bud has the capability to be used in mono, you're still able to get the same benefit.

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #16,334 of 62,210
Would you recommend the GT2/GT1 or T5's as a replacement for QS2's? Also do you know the Anomoibuds IP010 PLUS or Mpow's t6 by any chance?
The GT2 and T5's are great upgrades over the QS2. Both very recommended.

Could I get a top 3 under 60$ TWE listing BUT with emphasis only on SQ? Best sound wins.

Disregard calling abilities(don't call that much) / track or volume change from the buds(changes done on the phone or computer) / youtube lag etc. and battery life UNLESS under 2.5h without a charge.

Much appreciated if someone could share their thoughts on the current offering with these aspects in mind with some input as well on the decision making. It's really hard to keep track with the ever moving scene.

Thanks!
My new current favorite is the Bomaker Sifi I just reviewed. LOVE the sound.

These companies. sheesh. Do they think they can buy me like Gamesky? :laughing:

Hmm, will that be why it takes so long for Tranya products to arrive at my doorstep? After some 4 star reviews, they know of my honesty by now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back