Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 27, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #1,531 of 62,419
Decided to take the 65t Actives for a spin again and wow there's still the left-side hiss and the weird "tinfoil" sound on that side. I refuse to believe that I'm the only one who hears this when it's happened with 2 pair of regular 65t and 2 pair of Actives.
I have two pairs of 65t Elites and none of them has anything like what you describe.

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #1,532 of 62,419
I have two pairs of 65t Elites and none of them has anything what you describe.

If you pause music (make sure you're in a silent room) you don't hear a small hiss in the left ear at all? Like I said, I've had FOUR pairs of these things now, before and after various firmware updates, and it's been a constant feature. Driving me nuts...

the 65t sound balance is tilted slightly to the left side...i thought it was because of the fit, but apparently it is a common problem on the 65t. has anyone has a solution for this?

I notice that for a brief moment when I first start playing audio but it seems to solve itself.

It seems to be similar to the hiss issue I mentioned. I think it's because of how the 65t is built, with the left running in slave to the right as opposed to two independent devices that pair.

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #1,533 of 62,419
the 65t sound balance is tilted slightly to the left side...i thought it was because of the fit, but apparently it is a common problem on the 65t. has anyone has a solution for this?
This an interesting topic. I think there maybe some issue with true wireless due to left and right sync. For IconX, you have to store music files on both earpieces in order to play the music, which I mean both has to be buffered of the music content, but also must be synchronized as well. I think the problem is due to independance of the functions of the two earpieces. One is master, and other is slave. IconX has issues of one side fading in loundess output at times with large scale stream, probably of greater bandwidth than it can handle when you switch tracks. This was off my PC's BT connection, so the connection was probably low bitrate SBC.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #1,534 of 62,419
If you pause music (make sure you're in a silent room) you don't hear a small hiss in the left ear at all? Like I said, I've had FOUR pairs of these things now, before and after various firmware updates, and it's been a constant feature. Driving me nuts...

I notice that for a brief moment when I first start playing audio but it seems to solve itself.

It seems to be similar to the hiss issue I mentioned. I think it's because of how the 65t is built, with the left running in slave to the right as opposed to two independent devices that pair.

i haven't experienced the hiss on the left side only, well unless i turn on the ambient mode, but I'm sure that is not what you meant. i did experienced a crackling sound on the right side (like the sound of plastic wrapping), but it only happened once
the imbalance, however, doesn't seem to go away. I'm on the latest firmware by the way

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #1,535 of 62,419
This an interesting topic. I think there maybe some issue with true wireless due to left and right sync. For IconX, you have to store music files on both earpieces in order to play the music, which I mean both has to be buffered of the music content, but also must be synchronized as well. I think the problem is due to independance of the functions of the two earpieces. One is master, and other is slave. IconX has issues of one side fading in loundess output at times with large scale stream, probably of greater bandwidth than it can handle when you switch tracks. This was off my PC's BT connection, so the connection was probably low bitrate SBC.

Multiple Bose soundsport free had a left side volume higher issue. It was so obvious I could not believe more people didn't report it. Ultimately gave up on them because of that issue and they would crap out with sweat. I do think balancing audio is an issue in tw. I sent an old pair of elite sport back as well for the same issue.

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #1,536 of 62,419
I do wonder if that's why the Sony doesn't have the issue: You have to turn each earpiece on individually. Might also be part of the battery problem? I'm kinda ignorant on the tech. I just know the Jabra are unique in having this problem for me.

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #1,537 of 62,419

it sounded like someone turns the stereo panning slightly to the left, so the kick bass and vocals is slightly to the left, and it drives me nuts

and I'm sure it's not because the unit is dirty or damaged on the right side, because the right can still produce good treble sound.

i think this is software/firmware related

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #1,538 of 62,419
it sounded like someone turns the stereo panning slightly to the left, so the kick bass and vocals is slightly to the left, and it drives me nuts

and I'm sure it's not because the unit is dirty or damaged on the right side, because the right can still produce good treble sound.

i think this is software/firmware related

Can you test it with other devices? I see you're running a Note 8, and I have an S9+. Starting to wonder if Samsung's got an issue.

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #1,539 of 62,419
On a sepretae note, I have upgraded my iPhone 6s to iPhone X and the Jabra Elite Sport sounds really good!
I thought they were pretty decent paired with the iPhone 6s but the sound is SO much better with the X.
More 3D, rich and details are way better.

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #1,540 of 62,419
Decided to take the 65t Actives for a spin again and wow there's still the left-side hiss and the weird "tinfoil" sound on that side. I refuse to believe that I'm the only one who hears this when it's happened with 2 pair of regular 65t and 2 pair of Actives.

Yea it was happening on my pair. Hiss in quiter tracks and a single crack noise when turning volume above 80%. They send me a replacement and it's fixed.

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #1,541 of 62,419
Can you test it with other devices? I see you're running a Note 8, and I have an S9+. Starting to wonder if Samsung's got an issue.

sure thing. I'll test it with my wife's pixel 2 later

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #1,542 of 62,419
Multiple Bose soundsport free had a left side volume higher issue. It was so obvious I could not believe more people didn't report it. Ultimately gave up on them because of that issue and they would crap out with sweat. I do think balancing audio is an issue in tw. I sent an old pair of elite sport back as well for the same issue.

my Sony wf-1000x and my QCY Q29 do not exhibit that problem though..

I've just found out there is a reddit post talking about this, and apparently it happens to quite a lot of people with the jabra 65t and active

Oct 27, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #1,543 of 62,419

yep: i just tested it on the pixel 2, the sound is normal, not tilted at all, so now i passed the jabra to my wife
i haven't installed the jabra app yet on that phone though.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #1,544 of 62,419
yep: i just tested it on the pixel 2, the sound is normal, not tilted at all, so now i passed the jabra to my wife
i haven't installed the jabra app yet on that phone though.

Interesting... looking forward to updates on this. If it's my phone then that's something I can work with.

Oct 28, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #1,545 of 62,419
After testing around on my end and borrowing a Pixel, the 65t Active still has the hiss. I just can't handle it. Everything else about them is great, but that hiss makes them unbearable and I'm tired of gambling with them.

On the other hand, I proved myself a liar by having my Sonys run out of battery at the gym recently, so I'm rolling the dice on the Bose Soundsport Free. The fit is weird as hell and they look like Frankenstein bolts coming out of my ears, but they sound pretty damn great and hopefully everything else will line up properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back